pit base closes

Excuse me but why is that kissing Doug's ass? I am a dues paying member of AFA and actually am for unions but lets just cut the crap! Some things in our contract that date WAY back when screw the more JR people to high heaven. Pure and simple. The company doesn't care. While the company is responsible for 90% of the crap the union with a senior heavy contract has screwed itself right into a corner!
View attachment 6499

... things in our contract that date WAY back when screw the more JR people to high heaven. View attachment 6499

The "bumping rights" issue is indeed in our contract to protect the senior people. Would you just have the PIT Refugees take a place in LGA or BOS if those were the only openings? Imagine your plight if you were in the same boat. I think when you have forty years of company service you have certain privileges, Even if it alters the lives of those around you. While you continue to bash AFA, imagine if we didn't have a union. There would no guarantee for anyone's jobs. As we have seen in the past, the company could just walk into a city, tell everybody that the base/city is closed; you're unemployed!
I have worked for a non union airline. It's amazing what they can do and what they can MAKE you do.

CHX or BEEF: Well, lets see what ANY of the other airlines do. What's realistic and FAIR? These are the bases we have open at this point. At UA closing MIA it was ORD or IAD. You then wait on your transfer. Simple. They don't care if people in FRA or NRT or LAX were JR to you. This is what we have open...you take your pick. What's bad about that? When did senority become a weapon?

OK - so a "Viable" base as you say loses $40M so far this year - how does that make it viable? Hmmmmmmmmmm

I wasn't referring to this year, but the downturn of the base as a whole since 9/11. Remember, figures never lie, unless liars do the figures.

The commute from PIT will be unbelievable. I've heard that some people are considering DRIVING to DCA! That's just nuts. It's way too far to drive both ways for every trip.

Just a quick glance at theHub came up with these figures. Perhaps someone in rez or marketing can chime in as to how much they might expect the schedule to change between now and January. (Flights checked were for R/T Tues. Jan 16 - Thur. Jan. 18, 2008.)

Also, this is only US/USX and doesn't include OAL's.

PIT to/from (weekdays):

To BOS 4 flts. 2 a.m. (1 ML/ 1 EX) 2 p.m. (1 M/L 1 EX)

Fr BOS 5 flts. 2 a.m. (1 ML/ 1 Ex) 3 p.m. (2M/L 1 EX)

To LGA 6 flts. 3 a.m. (2 M/L 1 EX) 3 p.m. (1 M/L 2 EX)

Fr LGA 5 flts. 3 a.m. (1 M/L 2EX) 2 p.m. (1 M/L 1 EX)

To DCA 7 flts. 3 a.m. (0 M/L 3 EX) 4 p.m. (1 M/L 3 EX)

Fr DCA 7 flts. 3 a.m. (1 M/L 3 EX) 4 p.m. (1 M/L 3 EX)

To PHL 8 flts. 4 a.m. (3 M/L 1 EX) 4 p.m. (3 M/L 1 EX)

Fr PHL 7 flts. 3 a.m. (1 M/L 2 EX) 4 p.m. (1 M/L 3 EX)

To CLT 6 flts. 3 a.m. (3 M/L 0 EX) 3 p.m. (3 M/L 0 EX)

Fr CLT 5 flts. 1 a.m. (1 M/L) 4 p.m. (4 M/L 0 EX)

This decision is never easy (been there, and probably will be again), so I hope this will at least be helpful.