The Latest Hangar News.

justaumechanic said:
Ok lets get back on topic.

The latest news from PIT hangars is confirmation that hangars 1 and 2 are going to close in March. The last Q is now in hangar 2 and that is going to be it.

The headcount for mechanics excluding leads is 75/shift over 3 shifts. The Composite Shop, Sheetmetal and Machine Shop are going to be combined into one department. The headcount will be 14/14/8 covering 7 days, 3 shifts.

The Final Assembly Building is going to remain with about 10 mechanics working the QEC work.

They are going to keep some Plant Maintenance but not much. Probably around 20 mechanics.. Line Maintenance is going to stay at current headcount unless there is a flight reduction.

Inspection is going to change.. The company is going to insert DQC qualified mechanics in the hangar along with a very limited number of inspectors.

The number right now is late 87 seniority to hold PIT. Subject to change depending on retirement and Voluntary Seperation.

[post="241507"][/post]​
you're way off on qec...its 40 people and i believe 120 plus leads is what the 's' checks will carry.
was talk of 2 shifts/10.5 hour days.

plant has an allocation of 20 between 2 bases so i expect 10 or less.

delldude said:
you're way off on qec...its 40 people and i believe 120 plus leads is what the 's' checks will carry.
was talk of 2 shifts/10.5 hour days.

plant has an allocation of 20 between 2 bases so i expect 10 or less.
[post="241611"][/post]​

Do you smoke crack?

There is no way there are 40 mechs over in QEC in PIT. There are only 5 on afternoon right now!!

What would 40 mechs have to do in QEC?

Out of the hangar right now is the proposed headcount. 75/shift over 3 shifts. No comment on 10 hours days..

The S checks have to maintain what, 18 per day.. Thats seems to be the number we were getting out of MAE..

If its 120 totaly plus leads thats really going to hurt.

justaumechanic said:
Do you smoke crack?

There is no way there are 40 mechs over in QEC in PIT. There are only 5 on afternoon right now!!

What would 40 mechs have to do in QEC?

Out of the hangar right now is the proposed headcount. 75/shift over 3 shifts. No comment on 10 hours days..

The S checks have to maintain what, 18 per day.. Thats seems to be the number we were getting out of MAE..

If its 120 totaly plus leads thats really going to hurt.
[post="241666"][/post]​
guy...they refered to fab as qec..look in the proposal...pit 40 qec.theres 40 over 3 shifts there now and they build up engines for line.....all engines.
they have around 9 to 11 or so on each shift plus 2 each shift engine sheet metal.3 shift coverage.
you better check your 75 per shift...the headcount i got from hangar manager said 75 per dock per day actually it was around 60 per dock per day...
they tell me you need quite alot less than the standard 36 and 3 on a 'q' chk...
and yes it will be a huge reduction.....
Do you smoke crack?
no can't afford that anymore...just a spleef from time to time,mon....