pit base closes

OH NO...I didn't just suggest an Xmas bonus for the tip tier... :eek:
Santa's not going to be good to me this year... :lol:

Of course, I see a business opportunity here....all one needs to do is buy a HUGE Winnebego and use it back and forth. HE!!, I'd even equip it with IN-DRIVE entertainment....

Now if only that came with Health Insurance........................and not just for the cheese...

To get back on topic, I absolutely feel for what's gone down in PIT, I was based there for 21 years. It just sickens me to see what that base has been reduced to, as well as all the other 'viable bases' this company has managed to throw to the lions.

I wouldn't wish commuting on my worst enemy, but to choose it vs. have it thrusted upon you is a totally different scenario. PIT is going to have very limited sevice, which is going to make their commute even more challenging, no matter where they go. They need to focus on alternative cities, as well as devising creative commutes through different cities. It's no fun no matter how you look at it. I just hope that all this will not be in vain down the road.

One day, we will be repaid for all our efforts...one way or another........

No one can help the commute. But instead of 900 plus being effected with possible bumping and countless others with VAC and other loss of senority, it limits it to 300. It not a great solution but would minimize the impact.

No one can help the commute. But instead of 900 plus being effected with possible bumping and countless others with VAC and other loss of senority, it limits it to 300. It not a great solution but would minimize the impact.
I'm curious how the 900 number came to be-at best I've read 311(minus who ever is not up for the commute)or at worst 500 F/As.

I totally agree with Beachboy, in order for this to have minimum impact for the Flight Crews...can't speak for the ground crews....the bid should be opened to PHX as an East Coast Base. The impact would balance out, thereby NOT affecting the junior end of our seniority, which somehow have always managed to catch the FULL impact of the decisions that are made around here.