Pit Hangar Closings?

Glad to see you are back to your old self, I knew your PM was bogus and you can't change.

Deosn't matter as I don't think he even knows where the Pit Hgr's are located. Another member of our crack managment team who never comes out of his office to the floor.

700UW said:
The chocks did not hold the plane up on the scales.
[post="240219"][/post]​

Right. I've heard a lot of creative excuses from shop stewards and managers for various f-ups over the years, but I have to admit this is pretty good....

In 12 years of writing airport policies and procedures for ramp, passenger, and cabin service, this the first time I've ever heard of an unpowered, unoccupied aircraft on a level surface managing to have enough momentum to roll up and over a set of properly placed wheelchocks just because the of its own weight.

But, as you're a licensed professional, I'll have to defer to your wisdom.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Right. I've heard a lot of creative excuses from shop stewards and managers for various f-ups over the years, but I have to admit this is pretty good....

In 12 years of writing airport policies and procedures for ramp, passenger, and cabin service, this the first time I've ever heard of an unpowered, unoccupied aircraft on a level surface managing to have enough momentum to roll up and over a set of properly placed wheelchocks just because the of its own weight.

But, as you're a licensed professional, I'll have to defer to your wisdom.
[post="240391"][/post]​
hell ,happens everyday....

I am not an AMT.

And second it did not Roll Up, it Rolled Down the scales, the scales are elevated and the plane is pulled up on the scales and then the tug and towbar are removed.

Maybe instead of trying to insult you should find out the procedures and circumstances of how it happened.

And funny how tech docs department rewrote the job card after the incident happened.

And a 767 on scales is enough wieght to roll down after losing brake pressure.

700UW said:
And second it did not Roll Up, it Rolled Down the scales, the scales are elevated and the plane is pulled up on the scales and then the tug and towbar are removed.

Duh. I've been present for weighings, and each set of wheels (both mains plus the nose) was chocked, and the weight of the chocks subtracted from the EOW. I've also seen it done where the towbar was left attached with the support wheels extended so that the towbar's weight wasn't resting on the attachment point.

Restraining an aircraft isn't exactly rocket science....

700UW said:
And funny how tech docs department rewrote the job card after the incident happened.
[post="240396"][/post]​

Instead of defending and dodging, try to provide all the facts, 700, such as what was added to the job card?.... Chocking all the wheels?....

Former ModerAAtor said:
Duh. I've been present for weighings, and each set of wheels (both mains plus the nose) was chocked, and the weight of the chocks subtracted from the EOW. I've also seen it done where the towbar was left attached with the support wheels extended so that the towbar's weight wasn't resting on the attachment point.

Restraining an aircraft isn't exactly rocket science....
Instead of defending and dodging, try to provide all the facts, 700, such as what was added to the job card?.... Chocking all the wheels?....
[post="240416"][/post]​
brakes might be a starting point......
(redundant system backup for chocks)

700UW said:
Keeping power to the plane so the brake pressure does not bleed down.
[post="240418"][/post]​

Was that on the job card? Oh wait here we go again you are off topic its ok for you but not for me right?

700UW said:
[post="240418"][/post]​

Just throwing in my wrench.

You don't need power to maintain brake pressure.. So long as you have your accumulators charges you should hold 3000psi with power off.. Not for 20 days but should be plenty of time to roll an aircraft onto a set of scales and then back off.

Gosh Damn People,

What the hell does weighing an A330-300 in BFM have to do with the possible closing of a Hangar or Hangars in PIT?

Frankly....I don't know anymore than the rest of you do about WN's designs on our delapated hangars in PIT. Hell , We Collectively don't know if U is intersted in breaking the lease...or if the ACAA is looking to protect itself from another backdoor entry and exit strategy courtesy of CCY.

Next issue....WN is going to be obtaining a small hangar facility in the Mid-West in the not too distant future. Part of thier agreement with ATA makes direct provisions for this at MDW.....and with the amount of cash and cooperation taking place between WN and ATA....I'm confident they would have access to the main facilities in IND if the need presented itself.

Lastly...in the earlier part of this thread mention was made about PI's Maintenance Facilities in INT and GSO...somebody forgot about ROA in that exchange , not that it matters now or gets things back on track in regards to this tanked thread.

Next....Prestifilippo house hunting in CLT , Big Deal....maybe the guy wants more days of good weather for some additional time on his Harley-Davidson? Maybe the northern life in PIT doesn't facilitate too well?

Maybe the family is un-happy and he's catching grief ? Who cares , at his level he's hardly a hands-on player in the sense of having his hands on any given plane...so where does his residence , rumored or fact even become a viable issue or an indicator of what might take place or not.

All of you need to get a life....or find something productive to do with yourselves to try to overcome the personal losses we are all enduring while trying to make a go out of what remains of this company. Don't we all have bigger fish to fry than what this thread has morphed into implies? :rolleyes:

700UW said:
[post="240418"][/post]​
Refer to my previous post.....I believe your actually agreeing with me!!!! :p <_<

700UW said:
I am not an AMT.

Maybe instead of trying to insult you should find out the procedures and circumstances of how it happened.

And a 767 on scales is enough wieght to roll down after losing brake pressure.
[post="240396"][/post]​

YOU MUST BE TALKING ABOUT YOUR MAMA FALLING OUT OF HER BATHROOM SCALE.

YOU HAVE NO CLUE .

IAM :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

NeedForSpeed said:
Lets see LAVMAN!!!! Ok they followed the job card.....like I said what about common sense?? HMMMMM.....No power on the aircraft?....keep applying the brakes????.....the system bled down?????.... NO...DID IT REALLY???? What the hell do you think would happen with no power applied to the aircraft, and you continuously apply brakes??? WHY, Hell......your going to bleed the system down until you have no hydro pressure!!! That = NO brakes!!!!!!! HOLY HELL!!!!! That damn job card!!!! Maybe if YOU understood what the hell you are talking about, and stop spouting off at someone just because you dislike them, maybe you wouldn't look like such a fool sometimes!!!!! Stick to dumping SHI$^#ERS!!!! GOOD DAY!!!!!
[post="240309"][/post]​
just so you didn't forget 700

Latest posts