Pit Hangar Closings?

I'll preface this with IMHO.

All we hear is rumors as well. We do need and north east hanger. The Beauracratic(sp?) retards at BWI have been stalling for years. I have been here since '99 and we hear with in the next five years there will be a hanger. Haven't heard that since the since PHL opened up.

See ya, BWI; hanger, and any growth, other than a line station. Believe me they(the airport) deserve it. Those idiots think they are successful in spite of us being there.

Hello PHL or PIT if the price is right. I'm no expert but a "C" line from what I recall employ's about 100 mechanics, as well as support staff, stock clerks, cleaners, planners, inspectors, supervisors so some local mech's will be hired 100 people moving to Pittsburgh would be unlikely. So If we do move in some people there will just change shirts and roll their toolbox in to a WN hanger.

If it happens; and any of you do come over; say hi I'll be the guy issuing your tools and parts for the night.

wnbubbleboy said:
I'll preface this with IMHO.

All we hear is rumors as well. We do need and north east hanger. The Beauracratic(sp?) retards at BWI have been stalling for years. I have been here since '99 and we hear with in the next five years there will be a hanger. Haven't heard that since the since PHL opened up.

See ya, BWI; hanger, and any growth, other than a line station. Believe me they(the airport) deserve it. Those idiots think they are successful in spite of us being there.

Hello PHL or PIT if the price is right. I'm no expert but a "C" line from what I recall employ's about 100 mechanics, as well as support staff, stock clerks, cleaners, planners, inspectors, supervisors so some local mech's will be hired 100 people moving to Pittsburgh would be unlikely. So If we do move in some people there will just change shirts and roll their toolbox in to a WN hanger.

If it happens; and any of you do come over; say hi I'll be the guy issuing your tools and parts for the night.
[post="240829"][/post]​

You making a mistake throwing out hope like that to a group of people who are about to lose their jobs!!

There won't be a 100 mechanics what will move to PIT!!! I don't agree with that. The Aviation system is filled with people who are from that area.. I would not be suprised if you were to fill 100 jobs with existing WN employee's and the openings appear in LUV!!

Besides WN can pick from a nice group of hangars.. The ATA hangar in MDW, the US Airways hangar in TPA.. The soon to be empty US Airways hangar in PHL and CLT. Why use the old tired PIT hangars when you can pick the cream of the crop.

The PIT hangars will probably get bulldozed into the ground to make way for the County Snow Plow Garages.

Latest posts