PIT is still "IT".

This should be fun to watch negotiations between the IAM side and the TWU side. Who gets the work vs who loses the work. Another vote yes concessionary contract to save jobs. This time it looks like the association will pit AA against USAir for jobs and votes. Sorry folks I've been here long enough to see a BOHICA when I see one. I am glad Pittsburgh is staying open for the guys that want to finish up their careers. We have so many aircraft in the fleet and we should work on keeping the work in house no matter which base gets it. Plenty of work to go around for years to come. Let's hope our unions do the right thing for once in my career.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
The lease contains a two year out clause.
That's bad. The company can use any excuse to pull out after two years. Not good at all. Let's hope our next contract brings more work in house to keep the bases moving along.

Reactions: 2 people
1AA said:
That's bad. The company can use any excuse to pull out after two years. Not good at all. Let's hope our next contract brings more work in house to keep the bases moving along.
Oh my God. You wrote something decent that I could give you a green mark for? Did someone hijack your password?

The last lease contained the same clause and has been in every lease for the past 15 years or more.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
Oh my God. You wrote something decent that I could give you a green mark for? Did someone hijack your password?
I see your proficient in sarcasm. Don't worry the twu will always take care of the ramp. M&E is what concerns me whether it's AA or USAir.

While the Tulsa Mechanics from Hangars 3&4 are going to Airbus Gen Fam, with the Mechanics at Pittsburg, continuing to work on them I am seeing a transfer of the work from PIT to TULE. the next few years. The article states there are 400 Mechanics at PIT and as of this posting 2826 in TULE and another 494 OSM’s plus Facilities Maintenance /Title II, or close to 4000 that would be affected by any kind of decision. Even if both cities give the company free rent, my opinion is that TULE will be here.

This relatively short  5 year commitment with 2 yr option might be due to the fact that the maintenance integration of LAA and LUS will not be complete for quite some time. Once that occurs,  I believe then we will see a more certain strategy of where maintenance is done. 
But this will undoubtedly kick off the bickering between the IAM and TWU who will undoubtedly look to keep those bases open at the expense of the line stations.

1AA said:
This should be fun to watch negotiations between the IAM side and the TWU side. Who gets the work vs who loses the work. Another vote yes concessionary contract to save jobs. This time it looks like the association will pit AA against USAir for jobs and votes. Sorry folks I've been here long enough to see a BOHICA when I see one. I am glad Pittsburgh is staying open for the guys that want to finish up their careers. We have so many aircraft in the fleet and we should work on keeping the work in house no matter which base gets it. Plenty of work to go around for years to come. Let's hope our unions do the right thing for once in my career.
Now we will have TWO bases looking to sell out the line stations of both LAA and LUS....

At PMUS there isnt the hatred between base and line, the IAM doesnt utilize the roll call vote at all.

700UW said:
At PMUS there isnt the hatred between base and line, the IAM doesnt utilize the roll call vote at all.
You underestimate the deceptive powers of the TWU. Could history repeat itself? Just ask anyone who remembers what happened to the Kansas City base.