PIT is still "IT".

Buck said:
Do you not have 500 on the street and if so, what are their seniority's? And what are their seniority's vs. the OSM at TUL?

"Fighting Machinists"

Well I do not know what to say. 

After 30+ years of no fighting with the TWU I truly wonder what the "Fighting Machinists" can do?

I can assure you that no one in Tulsa will understand the concept of what a fighting union is like. Rolling up into the fetal position Tulsa understands.
You didn't really think I was serious, did you?

My coworkers, especially here in PIT, have consistently voted Yes for every concessionary contract handed to them.  And the only one we ever voted No for, we were told we were confused and forced to re-vote until we got it "right".

I remember when we were nearing 600 main line flights a day here, one of our concessionary contracts allowed for the use of part-time.  The first ever part-time for USAir.  Management came to them, with a box of doughnuts in hand, and told them how important it was to vote Yes on the next contract.  These people overwhelmingly voted for the elimination of their own job.  Thus began the "purge of '05" when 3300 Utility people alone walked out the door the next day.

You'll get no "fight" out of us.  Everybody is a real tough guy until the foreman comes around, then everybody rolls on their backs and exposes their throat.  These guys will throw you under the bus for a 50 cent raise without even reading the contract.

Good luck to us all.

Oh, and that "Fighting" part?  Darn spell checker with auto correct.  What I meant to say was "Frightened Machinists".

Reactions: 1 person
Real tired said:
You didn't really think I was serious, did you?

My coworkers, especially here in PIT, have consistently voted Yes for every concessionary contract handed to them.  And the only one we ever voted No for, we were told we were confused and forced to re-vote until we got it "right".

I remember when we were nearing 600 main line flights a day here, one of our concessionary contracts allowed for the use of part-time.  The first ever part-time for USAir.  Management came to them, with a box of doughnuts in hand, and told them how important it was to vote Yes on the next contract.  These people overwhelmingly voted for the elimination of their own job.  Thus began the "purge of '05" when 3300 Utility people alone walked out the door the next day.

You'll get no "fight" out of us.  Everybody is a real tough guy until the foreman comes around, then everybody rolls on their backs and exposes their throat.  These guys will throw you under the bus for a 50 cent raise without even reading the contract.

Good luck to us all.

Oh, and that "Fighting" part?  Darn spell checker with auto correct.  What I meant to say was "Frightened Machinists".
As for thinking you were serious, I would have never believe that two different unions were equally passive. 

This " French White Flag " surrender position must be a standard AFL-CIO tactic for the past 30 years. Your guys are stronger than the TWU because you said .50 cents, the TWU guys , it would be .10 cents.

We never had 3,300 Utility, it was around 1,000.

We lost 46% of the mechanic and related after bankruptcy part two.

700UW said:
We never had 3,300 Utility, it was around 1,000.

We lost 46% of the mechanic and related after bankruptcy part two.
1419 on the latest seniority list I can find, plus all the unlisted part-time Utility, and all the M&R is where I think I remember my numbers from.

And don't think that CLT is immune to any cut backs and a work shift to Tulsa. 

Article 2(b) only states 675.  It doesn't specify a number at each station.  And we'll see on the upcoming JCBA if PIT and CLT are even written in that Article any longer before anyone makes any long term plans.

Buck said:
As for thinking you were serious, I would have never believe that two different unions were equally passive. 

This " French White Flag " surrender position must be a standard AFL-CIO tactic for the past 30 years. Your guys are stronger than the TWU because you said .50 cents, the TWU guys , it would be .10 cents.
And since I'm on a roll here:

Much to the dismay of my 68 and 70 year old coworkers, who think this lease extension gives them 5 more long years to stay on, I don't think that'll be the case.

My time line:
- the company will continue to train the TUL workforce and get them up to speed on the Airbus.
- sometime after the MOC people get to DFW, who by the way, are Airbus Guru's and professionals, I think TUL will see their first Airbus.  One of ours, either from CLT or PIT.  You might not get it done as efficiently as us, but the first will be a learning curve.
- soon after that, I believe you'll see a slow shift of our work to TUL.  That should take about 2 years.

Unless the company has something up their sleeve, unless PIT get some more main line flights, we're done.  

How does it make economic sense for a company to send an aircraft here to be overhauled, then let it sit on the apron for days until a crew can be brought in to ferry to another station to get it into revenue service?

Real tired said:
And since I'm on a roll here:

Much to the dismay of my 68 and 70 year old coworkers, who think this lease extension gives them 5 more long years to stay on, I don't think that'll be the case.

My time line:
- the company will continue to train the TUL workforce and get them up to speed on the Airbus.
- sometime after the MOC people get to DFW, who by the way, are Airbus Guru's and professionals, I think TUL will see their first Airbus.  One of ours, either from CLT or PIT.  You might not get it done as efficiently as us, but the first will be a learning curve.
- soon after that, I believe you'll see a slow shift of our work to TUL.  That should take about 2 years.

Unless the company has something up their sleeve, unless PIT get some more main line flights, we're done.  

How does it make economic sense for a company to send an aircraft here to be overhauled, then let it sit on the apron for days until a crew can be brought in to ferry to another station to get it into revenue service?
Are there any trained Airbus Overhaul Mechanics from USAir in PIT or not that possibly move to TULE?

One small advantage TULE might have is being centralized. 

Part time utility were gone after the first chapter 11 and you are reading the seniority list that there are mechanics and stock clerks that are on the list that have utility time but aren't working as utility.

I was the utility person/stock clerk that was on the NC in 2004 and 2005.

700UW said:
Part time utility were gone after the first chapter 11 and you are reading the seniority list that there are mechanics and stock clerks that are on the list that have utility time but aren't working as utility.

I was the utility person/stock clerk that was on the NC in 2004 and 2005.
Please clear something up for me. You are not a Mechanic and what kind of Utility Person are you, what is that job function? Are the Maintenance Personal who work on the Hangars part of the Mechanic Title Group ?

I am neither anymore.

Utility at PMUS are aircraft cleaners, the jobs were outsourced in the second chapter 11, for line, there are 50 still in base.

And there arent title groups at PMUS, the CBA covers mechanic and related and stores, stores has its own certification, but are part of the M&R CBA.