PIT is still "IT".

We lost INT, GSO, ILM and TPA base or phase check.

In my 20 years at US there was never a dissension between base and line.

The TWU wont change the IAM culture.

Reactions: 1 person
The local facility, he added, has been picking up a lot of work from other American bases.

What work has PIT got from other bases?

Just a note: It has been said that thew Landing Gear shop and the Plating shop are going away?

Along with the Plating shop statement, it was stated that if this one closes it will never be open again due to the EPA?????

2ndGENAMT said:
The local facility, he added, has been picking up a lot of work from other American bases.

What work has PIT got from other bases?
I think maybe the author of the article used USAirways, and my union spokesperson used American, because technically, USAirways no longer exists.  

I can't think of a thing we picked up from any LAA base, but we did just pick up the pre-ops mods and the wi-fi install on the newest A321, I think it was 926, that PHX was doing.  PHX is now technically an American base, but it was a USAIrways base.

Buck said:
While the Tulsa Mechanics from Hangars 3&4 are going to Airbus Gen Fam, with the Mechanics at Pittsburg, continuing to work on them I am seeing a transfer of the work from PIT to TULE. the next few years. The article states there are 400 Mechanics at PIT and as of this posting 2826 in TULE and another 494 OSM’s plus Facilities Maintenance /Title II, or close to 4000 that would be affected by any kind of decision. Even if both cities give the company free rent, my opinion is that TULE will be here.
So let the battles begin !!!

The latest rumor is they might bring another track back in and use HGR 3-4 for drop-ins.  So they might be adding a number of people.  It's very confusing though, because HGR 3-4 is in such a state of disrepair.  It's at least 60 years old now and hasn't been upgraded since the "great purge of '05".

But thanks for the numbers in TUL, though.  As we begin the battle, it's good to know the numbers of your battalion.  We can plan our next move to gain ground to get the work.

We're a tight knit group of 400 battle ready......"FIGHTING MACHINISTS" !!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Do you not have 500 on the street and if so, what are their seniority's? And what are their seniority's vs. the OSM at TUL?

"Fighting Machinists"

Well I do not know what to say. 

After 30+ years of no fighting with the TWU I truly wonder what the "Fighting Machinists" can do?

I can assure you that no one in Tulsa will understand the concept of what a fighting union is like. Rolling up into the fetal position Tulsa understands.

Reactions: 5 people
AA announced deferral of some airbus deliveries. MRO expansion worldwide this should be a concern for us or at least the unions. How many more deferrals or earlier than scheduled retirements might be in the near future? This is the time that the ASSOCIATION should work on increasing in house work without creating a new lower paying position in aircraft maintenance. For all you Fighting IAM union members you might just get a first hand look at how creative the TWU saves jobs.

700UW said:
Deferring new planes means older ones stay longer, which means more maintenance.
You're thinking like we did back in the 90's. You have no idea what the twu is capable of doing to help out the company and tell the members it is all in the interest of saving jobs.

Reactions: 3 people
And you do realize it wont just be the TWU around, the IAM is here to stay and is in charge of the association for the first two years.

700UW said:
And you do realize it wont just be the TWU around, the IAM is here to stay and is in charge of the association for the first two years.
You're delusional. Deals will be made. IAM or TWU the difference is the name on the door. Tulsa always seems to prevail. Kansas City and AFW are victims to wheeling and dealing.

700UW said:
Deferring new planes means older ones stay longer, which means more maintenance.
As I have mentioned before, that the 737's might not see their 2nd Heavy. However it was just brought to my attention as we are installing the IFE on the Acceptance Checks, basically from 3LA ? on and upgrading the GoGo on mid series 737's , that in approximately 12 months the first installations of a Satellite based IFE will be rolled out. 

1AA said:
You're delusional. Deals will be made. IAM or TWU the difference is the name on the door. Tulsa always seems to prevail. Kansas City and AFW are victims to wheeling and dealing.
Look at the number of mechanics at both places. 400 ( +500 on the street?) at PIT and 4000? at TULE. Both cities will do whatever they can to keep the work and historically Tulsa has given American everything it wants. Just this week they are Super Vacuuming Hangar 1&2 complex. I guess to get it ready to paint. Tulsa prevails be TWU contract allows for Machinists ( Lathe operators etc. to put it simple) to move to the aircraft in a reduction in force and the Mechanic on the aircraft cannot it most occasions be allowed to reverse. TWU type unionism is not about anyone's accredited skill like an A&P License, it is about the total number in the union. 1AA is correct, Tulsa has remained open, probably because there has been no labor cost resistance to the company. As long as the TWU Aircraft Maintenance is the lowest paid, there can always be more of them. /do not misunderstand, our "machinists" are excellent at what they do. These machinist's can make anything the company needs. 

Buck said:
Look at the number of mechanics at both places. 400 ( +500 on the street?) at PIT and 4000? at TULE. Both cities will do whatever they can to keep the work and historically Tulsa has given American everything it wants. Just this week they are Super Vacuuming Hangar 1&2 complex. I guess to get it ready to paint. Tulsa prevails be TWU contract allows for Machinists ( Lathe operators etc. to put it simple) to move to the aircraft in a reduction in force and the Mechanic on the aircraft cannot it most occasions be allowed to reverse. TWU type unionism is not about anyone's accredited skill like an A&P License, it is about the total number in the union. 1AA is correct, Tulsa has remained open, probably because there has been no labor cost resistance to the company. As long as the TWU Aircraft Maintenance is the lowest paid, there can always be more of them. /do not misunderstand, our "machinists" are excellent at what they do. These machinist's can make anything the company needs. 
All true, but keep in mind that the new management team may not view TULE the same as previous management did. 
With respect to the TWU bending EVERYONE over in the past to "save" jobs, mainly TULE,  I don't think that will be the case this time. If management is being recorded town hall after town hall preaching Delta +7% and turns around as screws the line to save the bases,  the line people will not be happy.