Food For Thought

Outrageous as it sounds it sounds like something they might pull. Keep giving them ideas Chip, as long as your job is safe, huh?

Routes like PIT-MSP and PHL-ATL are already flown by other airlines with jet aircraft. I dont care how many seats it has, whether you call it Express, Connection, or Airlink, its outsourcing of our flying. So of course this management would love to outsource Airbus flying too.

Ryan International operates A320s for AirTran. Not a single AirTran employee is used- its like the setup USAir had British Airways. CCY would LOVE a setup like this. Watch out for your scope clauses, folks, we've already given away enough of the store with little hope of getting it back.

Do the FA's have a scope clause or does it just go with the pilots? For example, could AFA had said that US FAs must operate 70 seaters even if US pilots didnt?

And yeah, who at US is a Teamster?

Light,

AFA could have negotiatied anything if we were dealing with honorable mangement and true negotiations. If you remember back in both concessions, black mail and threats were used as tactics. Management made the proposals, f/as ratified it. Just look at the "time balance system" and sick policies. Those were not negotiated, and we were not even in Sec. 6.

I read and reread to company statement about the 60 new Buses and concluded it allows wiggle room for some or all 60 to be replacements for current Boeings or perhaps even other Buses. Ones coming up for heavy checks, maybe?

I don't think a net add of 60 mainliners was ever the intention.

Ocean tankers are often owned on a five year cycle - with the current owner always selling it before for the "heavy check" - the five-year drydocking and overhaul - is due. I've wondered when the concept would spread to airplanes. It allows the next owner to capitalize the maintenance and write it off over his term of ownership instead of eating it in one year. Maybe US has this in mind.

700UW:

700UW: "There are no Teamsters at US Airways. Get your facts straight!"

Chip asks: Who represents the Dispatchers and FCTI's?

Respectfully,

Chip

Chip Munn said:
700UW:

700UW: "There are no Teamsters at US Airways. Get your facts straight!"

Chip asks: Who represents the Dispatchers and FCTI's?

Respectfully,

Chip
Transport Workers Union=TWU

Air Transport Division
of the
Transport Workers Union of America
AFL-CIO
LOCAL 546

Representing the Flight Simulator Engineers at US Airways

P.O. Box 19562 Charlotte, NC 28219-9562

TWU
LOCAL 545

AIR TRANSPORT DIVISION
935 Beaver Grade Road
Moon Township, PA 15108

Representing the Dispatchers at US Airways

nycbusdriver said:
60 A320's from JetBlue! That would be plausible if JetBlue had 60 A320's, right?
Or do they? Hmmm!
We have 53 A320's as of right now. At the end of 04 there will 69.

Light Years said:
Outrageous as it sounds it sounds like something they might pull. Keep giving them ideas Chip, as long as your job is safe, huh?

Routes like PIT-MSP and PHL-ATL are already flown by other airlines with jet aircraft. I dont care how many seats it has, whether you call it Express, Connection, or Airlink, its outsourcing of our flying. So of course this management would love to outsource Airbus flying too.

Ryan International operates A320s for AirTran. Not a single AirTran employee is used- its like the setup USAir had British Airways. CCY would LOVE a setup like this. Watch out for your scope clauses, folks, we've already given away enough of the store with little hope of getting it back.

Do the FA's have a scope clause or does it just go with the pilots? For example, could AFA had said that US FAs must operate 70 seaters even if US pilots didnt?

And yeah, who at US is a Teamster?
You're talking apples and oranges. Air Tran is getting 737's that will replace those Ryan A320's.

Light Years said:
B6-

Our management despises the thought of mainline, US Airways employees. If our contracts didnt protect us from something like this they would do it in a heartbeat.
Light Years,
I feel your pain! I'm one of the thousand's of furloughees. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for US Airways.

Light Years said:
B6,

About that soft spot... are you at B6 now? Any chance of a recomendation letter? ;) B)
I've been here about a year. I've trying to help a few Airways guys. I heard there are over 100 of us.
I was deadheading to LGB once and the captain had flown for Alleghany,the f/o had flown for Alleghany and mainline, and three of the four f/a's were from mainline or one of the wo's. Unbelievable!

Light Years:

Light Years said: "Outrageous as it sounds it sounds like something they might pull. Keep giving them ideas Chip, as long as your job is safe, huh?"

Chip comments: Light Years, I never made a specific comment. I suggest you re-read my post and then think about my comments a little deeper.

Respectfully,

Chip

Chip,

Out of the many issues and opinions you have presented thus far, I can see much logic in your first post on this topic. It stands to reason that something else is in the "lurch". Matters that none of Labor is privey to. Obviously, something dramatic happend at the BOD that everyone is "mum" about.

With regard to the PIT Hub, Dan Onorato told local labor leaders at his last meeting, that even though U needs to make a gate committment by Jan. 5, he estimates that committment would be at a smaller number. However, they could still operate 35 plus gates out of Pittsburgh; only they will be at higher leasing arrangements outside the "commited gates, and not leased at a preferred rate. At least until an agreement is reached in the future.