Pit-lgw Traffic Vanished

Light Years said:
US served BOS-FRA in the 90's, I can't remember if they served London or not.
[post="287027"][/post]​

I flew from PHL several times non-rev to London in the 90's. My son and I explored castles all over the country while his school was on strike. He learned that real castles do have torture chambers, murder holes and dungeons. We took a ride on the hovercraft from Dover and visited Normandy. He wrote about that years later in high school--it impacted him deeply. We spent a Christmas in London and did the Charles Dickens tour (and even took DH along since at one time he was senior enough to get the holiday off!). My son found a wallet at the Tower of London and turned it in to the Beefeater. He got a button from his coat as a reward (along with a few pounds from the owner who subsequently returned). Service was really nice then--even in coach--free drinks, a supply kit for the evening, dinner and an AM snack, etc. Gosh, I'm getting teary eyed with nostalgia!

USA320Pilot said:
In between bankruptcy 1 and 2 US Airways evaluated flying long-thin transatlantic B757 flights and concluded it would be more economical to use B767-200s if they could be obtained from the used aircraft market "on the cheap", according to Dave Siegel.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="287032"][/post]​

FWIW, the last recurrent ground school none other that Al Jones said they were seriously looking at ETOPSing some of the 757's. I suspect that they will end up on the DUP/SNN runs and maybe somewhere in the UK. But then again that could just be conjecture.

Mtnman

US moved the CLT-FRA flight to BOS-FRA, then back to CLT, US Never flew BOS-LGW.

PHL said:
How did the CO nonstop CLE-LGW compare before/after PIT-LGW was nixed?
[post="286886"][/post]​

CLE-LGW was up 18% in May, but only slightly (2%) in June. That flight averaged an 85% load factor for June, however, meaning it's full on the most popular days - so there really wasn't room for much growth and CO lacks the aircraft to put on a bigger plane.

EWR-LGW showed decent growth (about 3000 pax) so some of PIT's traffic could easily have gone there.