PIT OCC to close

algflyr said:
Hmm... April Fools day... :)
April Fools?

Hey, I think you might be on to something. I was hoping to see my friends at the Phoenix FD giving Capt Jackwagon the tar and feather bath.

:lol:

nycbusdriver said:

Don't give an air crew member (like me) any crap about not caring less.  No one showed much sympathy for the crews over the closure of MIA, ILM, ROA, ATL, GSO, BWI, ORF, LGA, SYR, BOS, PIT, SAN, SFO and even TYS.

Cry me a river.
While I can understand your point here, a station closure and/or outsourcing differ from that of a crew base.  Both are very difficult to deal with, but in different ways. A crew base is the starting place of your work days or week, so you do need to get to that point from home. I realize that you have to commute should you not choose or be able to move to your new base, but not on a daily basis as a station based agent must. Having your fixed location of work go away, leaves you with very few options. You must move, commute on a daily basis, or live in 2 places via a crash-pad which usually means that you are working a few double shifts in a row while you are there. Please don't think that I don't understand the possible hardships of either one, but to sum it up your place of work is onboard the A/C isn't a fixed locations as is that of a station agent. I know plenty of crewmember's that commute, so I do understand what they go thru as well. Many that I know have never lived at their base, and have commuted from day one of their career. Station agents were use to going home after work each day, while most crews had to be away for days at a time from the start.  

Reactions: 2 people
Very well said wings.

For years we had many mechanics commuting to and from the West Coast from CLT.

Reactions: 2 people
wings396 said:
While I can understand your point here, a station closure and/or outsourcing differ from that of a crew base.  Both are very difficult to deal with, but in different ways. A crew base is the starting place of your work days or week, so you do need to get to that point from home. I realize that you have to commute should you not choose or be able to move to your new base, but not on a daily basis as a station based agent must. Having your fixed location of work go away, leaves you with very few options. You must move, commute on a daily basis, or live in 2 places via a crash-pad which usually means that you are working a few double shifts in a row while you are there. Please don't think that I don't understand the possible hardships of either one, but to sum it up your place of work is onboard the A/C isn't a fixed locations as is that of a station agent. I know plenty of crewmember's that commute, so I do understand what they go thru as well. Many that I know have never lived at their base, and have commuted from day one of their career. Station agents were use to going home after work each day, while most crews had to be away for days at a time from the start.  
We--crewmembers--do sit reserve and I had to live in my camper in a trailer-park in Ohioville, PA for 6-7 day stretches, so it is not always different. We have more in common than most of us know; IT ALL SUCKS.!

But once again, you make the choice not to live in base.

No one forces you to commute, many agents have had to move just like every other classification in the business.

Reactions: 1 person
CLP employees in PIT are represented by the IAM. Are the AA CLP employees in DFW represented and working under a CBA? If not; the jobs awaiting in DFW may not be what they seem for the represented IAM CLP members in PIT.

Nothing changes, the IAM CBA is still in effect for CLP and MOC, they are still US employees, not AA.

ograc said:
CLP employees in PIT are represented by the IAM. Are the AA CLP employees in DFW represented and working under a CBA? If not; the jobs awaiting in DFW may not be what they seem for the represented IAM CLP members in PIT.
"Rumor" is, the MOC guys that take the transfer to DFW will lose their Mechanic senority.  And there is some horsepower over there at OCC.

I bet if that's true, most will bump back to the line and overhaul which will furture compound the issue around here along with the 53 guys getting abolished.

Let the bumping begin, because here in PIT, we are the senior of the senior.  This will be felt all over the system.

They cant lose their mechanic time ,and the CBA states if there work location moves they have first rights to the jobs.

Yes, but none of those 31 year AA employees will be at the gate trying to get to PIT, either.
NYCbusdriver
Bus, I wouldn't bet the rent money on that. Every time I work a PIT turn out of DFW, we have senior f/as commuting to work on the return flight. At some point they will be at the gate in DFW on the way to PIT. Not many, but some. And, since PIT flights are always full or near to it...

Think I can agree with  the statement that they will not lose their seniority, but thinking if they transfer to DFW where the job is not union and we become one big happy family under a new contract their seniority will be frozen.  Those affected will have to make a difficult choice....

ograc said:
This is what a friend of mine who works in clp has told me........... Clp in pit is an iam job and part of fleet sevice classification. The aa clp guy's are not unionized in dfw. No word as of yet when they will move the dept to dfw. They are worried that the iam is going to throw them under the bus for exchange for something in neg. There are 55 agents there and they can still transfer to airport locations instead of going to dfw. If the union had a brain they would keep clp unionized, they have more power than any hub in a work stoppage, they handle every mainline flt daily, no planes fly unless clp shoots them the wt/bal numbers but the union can't grasp that idea.