PIT got it's SHARES of problems, too

Whichever, she said that they were really short....I thanked them for even showing up today. I would NEVER do their job !

Management (well Admin) has been begging for people to come in. The day after I stood in one spot for 11 hours getting home after midnight, they had the nerve to call at 8am the next morning asking me to come in. Dont think so. You were told in advance that it wasnt going to be pretty (2 days of training on a new system is NOT enough) please temp upgrade people or add hours so we have help and you didnt listen.
One of the new agents (about 9 months) turned the corner to come in yesterday, saw the line again and asked what was up. He had already worked 4am until 10pm the day before. I told him 7 flights canx and he said goodbye and turned around to leave. He came back about 2 mins later and clocked in, but at $8.72/hr why bother?
For those who arent standing there dealing with the 100,000 people you really have no clue. I know we cant control the weather and flights are full with spring breakers, but we're talking 3-4 days before we can get people out. Had several people miss funerals, one gentleman traveling to London to preach on Sun (we can get you there Tues am), people missing work, etc. Throw the short staffing, new computer system and overall lack of concern shown from most people in charge (locally and from what I've seen/heard from Tempe) and you have the new US attitude (which just happens to be the old US attitude that disappeared for about 6 months after the merger). Why bother to give a cr*p if no one in charge appears to give one?

It'a amazing! When you have a good product that people literally line up to buy just how enjoyable things can be.

There is a lesson in all of this, not sure what it is though.

They are lining up for US Airways also.....out the door according to the fist post.

One of my employees just called me to let me know that the lead story on the 6pm news in Pittsburgh is the fact that the US Airways meltdown apparently extended itself to PIT.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/11288256/detail.html

Line was out the door to the ticket counter. For those of you familiar with PIT, you know how impressive that is.

Now, given that PIT has not had weather that closed the airport lately, you have to wonder WTF the deal is..... I smell shares....

It was not an issue directly related to the Shares Cutover. 4 flights cancelled on the 8am bank in PIT. Flights to SJU, FLL, PHX and MIA. All told it was over 500 customers and most of them PIT local boardings. Imagine the time it takes to reroute 500+ people with little or no seats to be found. Hence the line.

And for the issue of Non-revs.....PAYING CUSTOMERS ALWAYS COME FIRST!

I don't know about that but in CLT today I had two agents tell me that other GA were just plain no-showing. I took that as they just didn't show up...perhaps it was meant that they called in sick. Whichever, she said that they were really short....I thanked them for even showing up today. I would NEVER do their job !

As an unrelated yet interesting aside, on Saturday there were 200 sick calls on the PHX ramp. Not a job action but a result of people feeling they have to get sh;t-faced to celebrate the life of a man that brought Christianity to Ireland. This led to pandemonium as one would easily suspect. Late departures, missing bags, teams working multiple gates and supervisors running around in circles (if they were seen at all). Some rampers were frustrated :wacko: , some were sad :( , others were angry :angry: :rant: , many just don't care anymore and just did what they could at a safe and reasonable pace :cool: .