PIT opportunities

Sep 18, 2007
Miami
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07278/823072-147.stm

WN is obviously gonna grow it's PIT operations, just like it always has when a major's hub dies, likely including the requisite, ubiquitous service to MDW.

Among the cities US Airways is dropping entirely from its service from Pittsburgh are Chicago, Denver and Toronto.

UA and AA will fill in on ORD.

F9 has an opportunity to pick up DEN - PIT, and I hope they will before UA or WN does.

- astra

Unless I am mistaken, UAL already flies to DEN and ORD. These routes were probably abandoned because UA/US code share on many domestic segments already. As far as AA, PIT I believe is an Eagle station only. Don't let that Midfield Terminal fool you........it may be one of the nicest in the country but the operating costs for airlines will prohibit any REAL growth unless someone gets a SWEETENED Deal from the Airport Authority (which is doubtful after US's pulldown). The region is NOT growing and no one will be adding anything to beef up their schedule out of there.

Don't let that Midfield Terminal fool you........it may be one of the nicest in the country but the operating costs for airlines will prohibit any REAL growth unless someone gets a SWEETENED Deal from the Airport Authority (which is doubtful after US's pulldown). The region is NOT growing and no one will be adding anything to beef up their schedule out of there.

Do you think those are the reasons it was no longer profitable for US? I know there's a lot of speculation that this is instead a move to become a more appealing merger candidate, hub-structurally.

WN is known for sweetened deals with airport management.

CynicalResAgent said:
Would be a good Opportunity for F9 to add daily service to DEN and maybe weekend service to CUN or FLL or maybe SJO.

I agree. With the deliveries they are taking, they gotta put them somewhere! I hope F9 can continue to market themselves in these new cities.

Back