SOUTHWEST Adding BIG at PIT! Who didn't know that

Pit has a similar demographic to Clt. Similar population base and similar fortune 500 company base. WN will take advantage of this market and grow slowly though steadily and US will do what it always has done----run away. We didn't need an MBA to come up with this strategy we could have picked up any wino we could find in a gutter and come up with this strategy and at the same time saved millions of dollars paid out to our besotted CEO.

Pit has a similar demographic to Clt. Similar population base and similar fortune 500 company base. WN will take advantage of this market and grow slowly though steadily and US will do what it always has done----run away. We didn't need an MBA to come up with this strategy we could have picked up any wino we could find in a gutter and come up with this strategy and at the same time saved millions of dollars paid out to our besotted CEO.

Well as disheartening as it is the deal is done. There will be NO repair in relations between Usairways and the local government in PIT. We all know the story of how US has used the run and hide strategy when dealing with Southwest. Hell US uses that strategy with competition from the so called Legacy airlines. When we were running crj-s between PHL the second largest city on the east coast and Atlanta the busiest airport in the world, what a/c was delta operating? We have NO GAME and never will. PIT could have worked but it didn't. No fault of the city or airport, simply inept management. So the game will play out. We'll see Southwest along with other airlines slowly add service to key markets and life will go on. NEXT.

Even with the reductions, US still has more flights to more destinations than anyone else out of PIT.

Two flights? Huh...how about that?

Maybe the county is redecorating A7, A9, A2 and A4 for some other carrier then.

We might know before January 5th. After that, I won't be of much use to the board.

Were you one of the lucky ones ?

Actually Coach, I haven't bothered to apply for another airline job right now. I'm still considering options outside of the industry.

I'm going to miss US Airways, but not the airline we know today. The "other" US Airways will be what I miss. The one that used SABRE, the one that still provided a great experience in the midst of a bankruptcy, the one that had a rotating CEO that wore suits properly and didn't have his personal foibles discussed in newspapers or on television.

Currently, the company has no serious intention of providing PSA employees with any sort of decent severance package. Our hard work was simply a means to an end. In my opinion, we aren't viewed with any value by DoUgIe or the cronies and sycophants that serve him. I've seen comments in another thread that refer to East employees as uneducated and inflexible, so my guess is that this is the mantra that is being repeated over and over in Tempe, if for nothing less than to make the lie believable via self-hypnosis.

Right now, I think it would be hard for me to consider an airline job. On the other hand, I might be willing to try it again if it was 1)another carrier and 2)another type of job. My son is getting older and more self-reliant, so maybe I would consider working at another base as an F/A or customer service agent (inside or outside). Operations might be worthwhile, too.

But unless a miracle occured, I will never seek employment with US Airways again. It would have to be a completely different airline for me to come back, and that includes completely different management.

Back