Pittsburgh Crew Base Closure

Now that the news of the base closing is ONE WEEK old, as unfortunate as it is, for those people effected- what type of timeframe have they given to declare your Base, etc.? In the past, most displacements generally receive 2-3 weeks to process their paperwork . With the holiday season approaching, the timing and impact of where people will go will create a lot of stress and uncertainty for many. Displacements (irregardless of seniority) is never a pretty situation but a Base Closure is downright traumatic. Hopefully everyone can show some support and empathy to those affected........EVERYONE could feel a shift throughout the System, so be prepared. The SENIOR people have their seniority to help them make a decision, I worry about the Junior people that get pulled into these messy situations and have little say in the matter. Hopefully it will work out in the end.

Now that the news of the base closing is ONE WEEK old, as unfortunate as it is, for those people effected- what type of timeframe have they given to declare your Base, etc.? In the past, most displacements generally receive 2-3 weeks to process their paperwork . With the holiday season approaching, the timing and impact of where people will go will create a lot of stress and uncertainty for many. Displacements (irregardless of seniority) is never a pretty situation but a Base Closure is downright traumatic. Hopefully everyone can show some support and empathy to those affected........EVERYONE could feel a shift throughout the System, so be prepared. The SENIOR people have their seniority to help them make a decision, I worry about the Junior people that get pulled into these messy situations and have little say in the matter. Hopefully it will work out in the end.
This base closing affects us all....to answer your questions about the announcement being one week old, etc. Go to the thread titled "Today's PIT Meeting" and there is some good info about the meeting and the latest e-line from PIT 40.
Good Luck to us ALL ! I was glad I bit the bullet and moved to the PHL area about 4 years ago but that won't help me if I get bumped out of here....what a mess , especially w/ the housing mkt as it is ...will I be commuting out of my own base because I can't hold it ? CRAZY.

Back