Pittsburgh Flight Increase ?

totobird

Senior
Nov 26, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Channel 4 News in Pittsburgh is reporting that USAirways may be adding flights out of PIT due to the overload in PHL.
Let's hope it is true and we can get some of our fellow workers back on the job.

totobird said:
Channel 4 News in Pittsburgh is reporting that USAirways may be adding flights out of PIT due to the overload in PHL.
Let's hope it is true and we can get some of our fellow workers back on the job.
[post="235163"][/post]​

totobird,

The CLT CBS affiliate reported an increase of flights in hopes of stimulating profits too. Sadly the flights mentioned were PHL to Barcelona and Venice Italy...and CLT to Kingston Jamaica and Nasau...no mention of PIT was made at all.

FYI.....ATA made their last departure from CLT to MDW about an hour ago...so CLT to ORD on U or UA goes back to the only game in town....unless WN decides to pick-up on the CLT-MDW routes in the future? :blink:

IF they add any flights, I'm sure they will be MDA or some other Express carrier.
Mainline is a Thing of the past in PIT, and many other places as well.

Doubtful that many flts will return to PIT....airport mgmt just upped the per head charge to $12 and change. I think CLT is $1.55. I know it's a nice airport, but not $12/head nice....

Pylit said:
Doubtful that many flts will return to PIT....airport mgmt just upped the per head charge to $12 and change. I think CLT is $1.55. I know it's a nice airport, but not $12/head nice....
[post="235559"][/post]​

I think we wasted more money on lost bag deliveries (estimated to cost $75-$100 per bag) not to mention lost customers. I dunno, there's money well spent like bringing customers into a passenger friendly terminal versus putting them through a madhouse like PHL and risk losing their business altogether. I still say more connections need to go through PIT and CLT...they need to cut back PHL permanently.

The Increase in PIT flying will be done by LUV!

The moderators are nuts for moving the links to LUV is announcing PIT service today (Jan 5th).

If that doesn't relate on the U death watch, what does?

........and I am NOT happy that all that is left is knowing when the lights well be turned out!

Latest posts