Possible Company Proposal

Sep 9, 2002
NOTE: This was posted by KTFLYHOME in different thread

ktflyhome Posted: Jun 22 2004, 02:03 PM

Group: Senior Member
Member No.: 3,188

This was emailed to me: I am just going to type from my copy, exactly how I received it.

COMPANY'S PROPOSAL.

"Now keep in mind that this is only the Company's proposal. Negotiations haven't really begun yet!!"

"Well boys, get out the vaseline (the sandy variety) cause it is as expected, Amer West Contract only worse. Brief Synopsis: PILOTS: Company wants a $1.5billion reduction, $400mill to come directly from pilots. Company steals your sick leave if u have over 500 hours. 600 hour max sick bank; All narrow body a/c types pay the same rate..$137 an hour, 96 hour hard time (virtually hard time), f/o's rate approx $90 per hour. Reserve guarantee is around 77 per month. 757 ilots will take the worst hit. Reserve 757 capts to make $127K per yr. Duty rigs altered. Possiblitity of flying 5 days a week unless scheduling can get a handle on it. Furlough clase to be reopened. Retirement DC plane cirtually elimintated (to be reduced substantially). Augmented with 401K with 7% matching funds from company. Reduced medical benefits.

FLIGHT ATTENDANTS: F/A's to clean all planes. Pay rates adjusted downward to Amer West Scale. Retirement reduced. Medical reduced. NO 55,75,85 hr options. Unlimited duty day to FAR max.

RESERVATIONISTS: Furlough 680. Move remaining reservationists to INT.

TICKET AGENTS: Kiosks and ticket readers to cause layoffs in hubs. City Ticket Offices (all 11) to be closed. To be replaced by internet ticketing. Reduce ticket agent pay from $20 hr to $13 hr.

PILOT TRAINING: Close PIT TRNG CENTER incld the sim building. Move all trng to CLT. Selling one 737 sim, one A320 sim, buying multiple RJ sims to be located in CLT. 757 Sim to be relocated to CLT.

MECANICS: Fewer changes than the rest of the work force.. with the exception of possible outsourcing of some maintenance. Possibility of terminating CLT and PIT as major overhaul centers. But keeping PIT/CLT for other maintenance.

CLEANERS/UTILITY: Force cleaners/utility to become "joint use cleaners and rampers" under the same job title.

MDA FLYING: To increase. Possiblity of selling B-373's to be replaced with mainline flown big RJ's. LOA#91: Allows Uair to sell MDA, PSA, Allegheny, Henson, and future Canadair CRJ positions if needed to finance possible addition of 29 Airbuses of all sizes if load factor dictates.

More details to follow." End of quote from an email sent to me.

--------------------

My Name is not KITTY

Just remember, a no vote could mean Chapter 11 again and an abrogation of the contracts, with maintenance and reservations outsourced. The company need only show it attempted to reach a negotiated settlement. As I've said many times, the choice is yours, not mine. But, before you vote yourself out of a job (and I realize a yes vote could also be voting yourself out of a job), just think about all the options you have outside of US.

But, I'm not taking sides, as I'm not sure (to be brutally honest) what I would do at this point ... seems like a no win situation.

usairways_vote_NO said:
MDA FLYING: To increase. Possiblity of selling B-373's to be replaced with mainline flown big RJ's. LOA#91: Allows Uair to sell MDA, PSA, Allegheny, Henson, and future Canadair CRJ positions if needed to finance possible addition of 29 Airbuses of all sizes if load factor dictates.
So buy "big RJs", likely the E190/195 to replace 737s, and then sell off MDA which operates the identical airplane but with a few less rows. Thats sounds like a stupid US Airways thing to do. Why not start two new subsidiaries or divisions to operate them, that would be even more up thier alley. <_<

If any concessions are granted that brings mainline in line with JetBlue or America West, then ALL of the EJets should be brought back under the new mainline contract- just like JetBlue! They dont have a MidAtlantic division for the Embraers. If theres cuts to put US in line with HP or B6 then there is absolutely no reason the same flight attendant cant work an E170 to MCI, an A330 to MAN, and an A320 to SEA in the same month. Its more efficient and productive to have a single group of F/As instead of all this "international" "domestic" and "MidAtlantic" junk. Plus it brings back a mixed workforce of senior and junior instead of having only the topped out employees work the larger aircraft- DUH!

You would think they would be jumping at the chance to send a two year F/A to FCO and a topped out one on PIT short hops because it suits them. Youd also think they'd relish the opportunity to have ample reserve coverage for all of the operation, instead of cancelling the London flight while a hundred qualified F/As sit in base on reserve. Or delaying a 737 for crew coverage while a whole nest of junior F/As sit at a nearby hotel on MDA reserve. I'm sure the F/As would rather have a merged operation- you have all of the MDA F/As commuting from PHL to PIT, hoping for a PHL base and the ML F/As commuting from PIT to PHL because thier base has been downsized.

KTTYFLY: can you if you could explain if this is only for the hubs or what? what will happen to the stations already at the mainline express? will they see more mda planes?

Well, as I said, this was emailed to me.

Light Years: I agree, but this is a definative "Divide and Conquer" Ploy to the max!!! MAA f/a's are green and have blocks and are happy to be flying. Senior Block holders have hardly seen any changes except for the fact that those who only flew all-nighters are now doing red-eyes. And boy are they loving those LAS overnights. Reserves can't GET a red-eye anymore, except on "quick call" or daily.

The ones who have REALLY taken a HARD hit are mainline reserves. And let me tell you, by and large, from PHL to CLT to BOS to PIT, the overwhelming feeling is HE11 NO for any more concessions. We average "maybe" in a good month 50 hours of flying.

Now the Reserve Pilots are beginning to feel the crunch. This reserve system is SO screwed up, we had 3 f/o's on our last flight. And not do to legalities or out of time.

MAA have better trips than Mainline reserves. B-737's now have 6 legs a day and close to 14 hour duty days. It is like going back years ago and flying DC-9's all over again. The airlplanes are filthy and falling apart.

On top of that the Company implemented a new "Pack Out" for catering. Everything is to be standardized. NOT. Every Airbus I was on for 4 straight days had major differences in the galley. It is like every plane you walk on these days is like trying to find your way in a DEEP DARK MAZE.

NOBODY CARES ANYMORE. Mainline Reserves have HAD IT!!!!! :down: :angry: :shock:

robbedagain said:
KTTYFLY: can you if you could explain if this is only for the hubs or what? what will happen to the stations already at the mainline express? will they see more mda planes?
Robbed: I believe this is for Mainline. I have no clue about Express. But there always seems to be the "trickle down effect" with this company.

If Mainline votes in to fly at America West wages, I bet they will try to get Express to fly for McDonald's wages. :down:

What I dont get is why there doesnt seem to be any negotiating- We'll do this if you give us this. What does anyone get back for America West contracts? Scope would be number one on my list if I were still a mainline employee. I saw my own mainline job eliminated by affiliate RJs, and now the company has conned the juniors back at a lower wage for MDA with 70 seaters. The 90 seaters are coming, are will likely go to MDA, or even worse, Mesa. How is nobody seeing this? US Airways is a one-hundred seater short haul airline and even thats on the verge of being contracted out.

If costs are lowered and US is turned into an LCC then it needs to be fair for everyone. No more seperate flight crew divisions or subsidiaries. No more agent pay based on what type of aircraft serve thier station. There should be one contract for all with minor differences for productivity if even a cent is given. Maybe everyone needs to step out of thier own part of the company and look at the big picture.

from previous post...

COMPANY'S PROPOSAL.

"Now keep in mind that this is only the Company's proposal. Negotiations haven't really begun yet!!"

"Well boys, get out the vaseline (the sandy variety) cause it is as expected, Amer West Contract only worse. Brief Synopsis: PILOTS: Company wants a $1.5billion reduction, $400mill to come directly from pilots. Company steals your sick leave if u have over 500 hours. 600 hour max sick bank; All narrow body a/c types pay the same rate..$137 an hour, 96 hour hard time (virtually hard time), f/o's rate approx $90 per hour. Reserve guarantee is around 77 per month. 757 ilots will take the worst hit. Reserve 757 capts to make $127K per yr. Duty rigs altered. Possiblitity of flying 5 days a week unless scheduling can get a handle on it. Furlough clase to be reopened. Retirement DC plane cirtually elimintated (to be reduced substantially). Augmented with 401K with 7% matching funds from company. Reduced medical benefits.

and management gives up???

FLIGHT ATTENDANTS: F/A's to clean all planes. Pay rates adjusted downward to Amer West Scale. Retirement reduced. Medical reduced. NO 55,75,85 hr options. Unlimited duty day to FAR max.

RESERVATIONISTS: Furlough 680. Move remaining reservationists to INT.

TICKET AGENTS: Kiosks and ticket readers to cause layoffs in hubs. City Ticket Offices (all 11) to be closed. To be replaced by internet ticketing. Reduce ticket agent pay from $20 hr to $13 hr.

PILOT TRAINING: Close PIT TRNG CENTER incld the sim building. Move all trng to CLT. Selling one 737 sim, one A320 sim, buying multiple RJ sims to be located in CLT. 757 Sim to be relocated to CLT.

MECANICS: Fewer changes than the rest of the work force.. with the exception of possible outsourcing of some maintenance. Possibility of terminating CLT and PIT as major overhaul centers. But keeping PIT/CLT for other maintenance.

CLEANERS/UTILITY: Force cleaners/utility to become "joint use cleaners and rampers" under the same job title.

More details to follow." End of quote from an email sent to me.

:shock:

USFlyer said:
Just remember, a no vote could mean Chapter 11 again and an abrogation of the contracts, with maintenance and reservations outsourced. The company need only show it attempted to reach a negotiated settlement. As I've said many times, the choice is yours, not mine. But, before you vote yourself out of a job (and I realize a yes vote could also be voting yourself out of a job), just think about all the options you have outside of US.

But, I'm not taking sides, as I'm not sure (to be brutally honest) what I would do at this point ... seems like a no win situation.
USFlyer,

Abrogation is the ultimate goal.

Whether the unions concede to abrogate their own agreements in a ballot, or a judge. We will all end up there anyway.

Some may still have a job, many, many won't. Whether we agree to the proposals or not...furloughs are in our future...BIG!!!!!

kt,

I know that there will be a furlough, however, I don't know if the company will go down another path to offer a VF.

They hate offering it, and only do it because of the "won" arbitration, as you can attest from January.

I am quite sure, that if we open the contract, the VF will be on the table to be removed in a company proposal.

I still dont understand what they achieve by getting rid of the VF program. Doesnt it just raise thier costs by just doing it by pure seniority? If there was no VF program the most junior ML F/A, like the pilots would be around 1989 or 1990 seniority- they would have a workforce of all topped-out people. Why do they want that? I'd think they would rather let people take a few years off, some that may never come back, than invol. PITbull, whats the logic behind the company's position against VFs?

$13.00/hr TOS for agents would less than HP (and much less than WN or B6). I do understand that HP has profit sharing and a much better health insurance plan, but the final outcome of negotiations will have to be much better before being remotely acceptable. Labor is not about to subsidize the company outlandish non labor costs by pay rates that far below the competion's.

A bleak picture, indeed!