Possible Company Proposal

I find this utterly repulsive. How in the world can one go from $20-$13 and hour? This is a $7 pay cut, times 40 hours would equal $280 less a week or $1120 less a month or $13,440 less a year. Dispictable and criminal. :down: :angry:

I am not an agent, but to ask this of them shows how contemptable our Management is. :shock:

For my daughter, just starting out in this big bad world as an adult and mother...this would be good pay for her....NOT for a 20 year employee. This company, in MOHO is trying their best to treat us like whipped children.

And I am really tired of being told....Well.... we have just been FAT, DUMB AND LAZY. Bull crap.

I hope I do get to vote, because it will be HE11 NO!!!! And if that puts me out on the streets...so be it. For those of you who call this selfish. Let it rip. I am thinking of myself....no one else is.

OK, just a moment of emotion and rant. :(

ktflyhome said:
I find this utterly repulsive. How in the world can one go from $20-$13 and hour? This is a $7 pay cut, times 40 hours would equal $280 less a week or $1120 less a month or $13,440 less a year. Dispictable and criminal. :down: :angry:

I am not an agent, but to ask this of them shows how contemptable our Management is. :shock:
The sad thing about all this is that it is already being done in many stations by classifying them as "mainline express". They can still have two large jets a day, along with as many RJ's as they want. The company can increase the jet service for a couple of months out of the year "seasonal". All of this is in the contract which CWA voted in the last time. Think about it....these agents are doing the EXACT same work, just as hard, and they are getting paid $13/hour. One of the main reasons for this whole regional idea is to redefine airline salaries. What I interpret from the latest news is that the company wants to change all of the agents to $13/hour...even in the hubs. Does anyone think this is the plan?

Just from talking to fellow agents here and there, if they offer a decent buyout, take the TOS down just a little (Jetblue is .05 less an hour topout than US currently so they might be able to get a little lower than this) and start a B/C scale for new hires topping out at a lower rate, they might get some takers. I havent talked to many people who are even remotely interested in the $13 an hour realm for those currently on property.

Also if the company is truly interested in flexibilty and scheduling options as well as keeping the sick time down, they need to reevaluate the swaps and scheduling parts of the contract.
Now that we have workbrain, it wont allow someone to WORK a swap 12 hours or more in 2 consecutive days. We have agents willing to work ( 4 hour parttimer willing to pick up a FT 8 hour shift), but they cant do it. So, FT calls in sick, another FT gets the OT at time and a half and once again the company and the PT agent looses out $ wise.
Also I'd rather the company have the scheduling flexibility to schedule part timers 20-32 hours a week instead of X hours a day 5 days a week. Let us work 3 - 7 hour days to get our hours in and be off the other 4. I'm sure it would help with the overall coverage in many cities to allow this kind of scheduling. As long as the agents were guaranteed a minimum amount of hours a week go for it.
JMO

Just received.....

PLEASE POST AND DISTRIBUTE TO YOUR CO-WORKERS
Additional stories are on www.cwa.net

6-23-2004
CWA’ers met with management to hear the details of their Transformation/Concessions plan...
The meeting took place on 6-22-04 at US Airways’ Crystal City Headquarters. Present for management were VP Donna Paladini, Doug McKeen, ECLAT Consultant and former VP, and several station, labor relations, and legal management. Present for CWA were each local president or designee and CWA staff.
Management presented several slides restating their view that the company is in serious financial difficulty and that further employee concessions are required. They presented slightly more detail on their earlier claim that, overall, US Airways passenger service employees are $122 million per year overpaid and underproductive compared to a hybrid model of certain other airlines (JetBlue and America West – excluding Southwest and other major airlines).

Management broke out the $122 million figure further, saying that passenger service employees are over cost by the following amounts in each category:

Pay - $80 million
Productivity - $17 million
Retirement - $8 million
Retiree Medical - $5 million
Scope (Contracting Out) - $17 million
CWA’ers told management the magnitude of the cuts being demanded of passenger service employees is phenomenal - $25,700 per full-time employee per year - and if implemented would drive passenger service employees right out of the middle class and into a drastically lower standard of living. CWA’ers made the following points to management:

We want to help save this company, but you can’t ask, again, for the lowest paid group to subsidize the others;
Many employees are parents who are not going to give up their family’s economic security in an unfair transformation plan;
Passenger service employees are not the high-paid workforce at US Airways, and we have no flexibility or reserves to fall back on if our income is cut further;
Passenger service employees took pay freezes and cuts in benefits in the ‘90’s when no other group at US Airways did;
Employees are losing confidence that management can run the airline successfully;
Management needs to implement the non-labor parts of the transformation plan immediately, and say what is being demanded of the non-represented groups;
Management’s statements that our seniority is “a problem†is age discrimination and a direct attack on the individual employees who work for this company;
The amount of cuts suggested for our retirement plan, $8 million, would cut our defined contribution plan by about 60%. Coincidentally, the company just gave away about $8 million to our two recently departed executives.
The America West “pay scale†management wants for us isn’t even a payscale – it’s a plan whereby your supervisor decides how much of a raise, if any, you will get, starting at $7.65 an hour and going no higher than $13.10 an hour.
CWA’ers presented an alternative plan to reduce passenger service costs by reducing seniority through a buyout, and described several other cost-cutting initiatives they are preparing.

Buyout. CWA presented a comprehensive, cost-cutting buy-out plan to management at this meeting. Text of that plan is available at www.cwa.net.
Work At Home. CWA’ers told management they are preparing a reservations “work at home†option that could substantially reduce some res costs. We are determined, though, that the plan be voluntary and not allow reps to be forced to accept the work at home option.
Retiree Medical Costs. CWA’ers told management they are working on a possible alternative ways to fund retiree medical, as long as the current retiree medical is not reduced or made more expensive.
CWA research department will meet with management analysts again next week to go over the calculations in the CWA buyout plan and those in the company’s most recent presentation. We’ll keep you informed of further meetings with management.
CWA Local Officers and Staff

Tadjr: I posted via an email that 680 would be furloughed. It said nothing in the email about the closure of Pit. Although that too has been rumored...well at least to drastically reduce Pit.

RumorS: Chill!!!!! :p