Possible Company Proposal

Thanks for the info KT. I got the email as well, but skimmed a lot of it since I knew it was probably just a wish list. Also, I dont think the company would be announcing the closing of PIT right before they ask everyone to vote, do you?
I like that the CWA is looking at the work at home part of rez like Jetblue does. I know a lot of people who had worked in rez that would have jumped at the chance to do that. Unfortunately, most of them worked in Orlando so they wont have that chance now.

RESERVATIONISTS: Furlough 680. Move remaining reservationists to INT.

Kt if reading this correctly Move remaining reservations to INT, That would be a closure of PIT so you did post that. I understand that it was just an email. Perhaps an email that should of been kept to yourself or backed up by someone reliable. And trust me I am as chilled as I can be!

USAirUnited said:
The buyout doesn't look all that bad. What do you guys think?
Looks similar to the WN proposal with one exception if I'm reading it right.

Agent takes the buyout and leaves and another agent who is furloughed is recalled. The recalled agent will come back to work at $9.00 an hour pay (regardless of what they made before), but keep seniority for bidding and increase on the X scale until some point in the future someone who does not take the buyout leaves and they are replaced, then this agent will get that position according to the recall part of the CBA and will go back to the scale they were making before? Also understand the transfer/recall part of it would change the scale if they replaced someone else down the line as well.
If this is what they are proposing, then it negates everyones claim that they'd just be replacing one topped out agent with another and would make it beneficial to offer this since, after the initial buyout, they'd be saving at least $11 an hour for the first year for each agent recalled or hired regardless of the fact they were a 15 year agent or a newhire.

Senior FT agent leaves $42000 salary say 20 year agent, gets $20,000 and seeya
Hire FT agent $ 18700 salary....
$42000 pay- 20000 buyout equals 22000 leftover - 18700 newhire saves 3300 the first year and $ 21000 the second year.
Sounds like a winner to me!

Also I'm sure there are a lot of under 20 year topped out agents who would leave so the savings there would be even greater.

RumorS said:

Kt if reading this correctly Move remaining reservations to INT, That would be a closure of PIT so you did post that. I understand that it was just an email. Perhaps an email that should of been kept to yourself or backed up by someone reliable. And trust me I am as chilled as I can be!
Get over it. What are you afraid of.?? Don't tell me what to keep to myself. This does pertain to the company and the employees. Why would I, which against the forum ettiguette to divulge people's names. I am not that stupid. Take this email for what it is worth. I really do not care.

I thought I would share this info with others. Something wrong with that....PAL! :down:

RumorS said:

Maybe you should keep to yourself. How come you are the only one who cant get over the post? Its been said from the beginning, numerous times, that its a rumoured wish list that originated in an email from an unnamed source. How much more of a disclaimer do you need?

Most of the stuff you read on here is speculation or rumour, and alot of it ends up coming to life. This helps people exchange ideas and opinions anonomously and prepare for different scenarios.

KT is a very respected poster on here and a friend of mine. I thank her for sharing her information with us, and hope she doesnt keep any of her great posts to herself! ;)

KT<
I'm at a mainline (Xpress)station,this sked we've got an airbus for our originator..

Yes, I went last June 02, from 20 + to 13.01 per hour--LESS $7.00 per HOUR..

My TAKE HOME PAY IS CRAPPOLA,,,my sen is 1985...I certainly didn't stay for the PAY B/C IT"s ####>>

It's the medical, howere' I have been looking-into a different field..

First things first!!!

1_________________BUYOUT ME OUT AND CCY CAN HIRE THEIR CHEAP HELP!!!

At our station, US got what they PAID for...

This agent does not know her A$$ from a sinkhole...

SHe's a minority--the mgr is ''fearful'of her...He should have fired he when she was on probation--NOW,He'S STUCK WITH her... I'm not..The difference is?

I'm AMs- she is PM"s..

HAPPY WEATHER DELAYS AND CANCELLATIONS!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

RumorS said:
I understand that it was just an email. Perhaps an email that should of been kept to yourself or backed up by someone reliable.
Or perhaps it's an email that "should of" been shared with all of us. Provided that it carries the appropriate disclaimer, which kt's did, it's far better to have more information than less.

Sheesh.

Golden 1: I give you a lot of credit. It must be really rough. I am beginning to see the conspiracy and plot with this company. Express everything....lower the bar...then bring on the mainline planes again. How utterly conniving.

I wish you the best. It is a sad day, when we settle for sh$$ wages, just to keep the medical. :(

ktflyhome said:
Golden 1: I give you a lot of credit. It must be really rough. I am beginning to see the conspiracy and plot with this company. Express everything....lower the bar...then bring on the mainline planes again. How utterly conniving.

I wish you the best. It is a sad day, when we settle for sh$$ wages, just to keep the medical. :(
Except for MDA, of course, where there is no medical for six months no matter how many years you have with the company.

kt,

The info you received was posted on the ALPA message board a while back - don't remember who posted it and it doesn't matter.

Just comparing the pilot part with the company's presentation to the MEC, it was pretty accurate - not dead on but in the ballpark - at least in showing the areas that the company is comparing.

I did notice in the company presentation that they were careful not to imply that the items were what they wanted. Merely showing where our costs were higher than our current yardstick (AmWest & JetBlu) and what the total was. I take it that the only "cast in stone" item is the $$$ amount, not how to get there.

Thanks for sharing...

Jim

USAirUnited said:
The buyout doesn't look all that bad. What do you guys think?
Well, I think it would put an immediate stop to any preferential transfer bids. There would probably be many "takers" in every city, therefore if say someone wanted to "move to the beach" he would be filling a "buyout vacancy" and have to start work at $9.00/hour regardless of years of service. One thing I don't understand is why give retiree benefits only to those age 50 or 55 even if they only have 10 years of service and NOT to a 17-25 year agent just because they are in their say "40's"? Regardless, it is very tempting..hummm $$$$$$? I wonder how that money would be taxed?

I am one of those pilots that has always gone to work therefore I have maxed out my sick bank at 1000 hours. It cost the company NOTHING to have this. Problem is for those people that abused it, now me, the good guy is going to get burned for it?? All I gotta say is I feel really sick now better burn some of the 400 hours they will steal from me. This makes it really easy to vote no and to leave this god forsaken disgrace of a company. I was one of the good guys, the worm has turned now. See ya.

BTW y'all America West has a MUCH better medical program than we do. Did they talk about upgrading ours to theirs? No. Another day another lie from company management nitwits.

USFlyer said:
Just remember, a no vote could mean Chapter 11 again and an abrogation of the contracts, with maintenance and reservations outsourced. The company need only show it attempted to reach a negotiated settlement. As I've said many times, the choice is yours, not mine. But, before you vote yourself out of a job (and I realize a yes vote could also be voting yourself out of a job), just think about all the options you have outside of US.

But, I'm not taking sides, as I'm not sure (to be brutally honest) what I would do at this point ... seems like a no win situation.
Who the heck are you……You must be out of your mind……. Vote my self out of a JOB what do you think 13 per hour is. Go back under that rock you crawled out from under……

Latest posts