Possible Restoration of Lost Wages for Flight Attendants

Status
Not open for further replies.
he hasn't signed anything, has he?

you're still grasping at hope that the vote disaster will just go away.

When that has really happened, let us know.

I can assure you that Parker will set a very dangerous precedent with other labor groups - and he won't - if he just blows off a vote that took place and then starts taking wishlists for a redo.

LG is a wizard, and if she can't do it, no one can. She is already being hailed in some circles as a powerbroker and possibly one of the greatest labor leaders of our current time. I can't wait to see what happens Thursday!

WorldTraveler said:
he hasn't signed anything, has he?you're still grasping at hope that the vote disaster will just go away.When that has really happened, let us know.I can assure you that Parker will set a very dangerous precedent with other labor groups - and he won't - if he just blows off a vote that took place and then starts taking wishlists for a redo.
And when he does will you post that you were wrong? What precedent? Giving the original TA that was offered in the first place?

LG is a wizard, and if she can't do it, no one can. She is already being hailed in some circles as a powerbroker and possibly one of the greatest labor leaders of our current time. I can't wait to see what happens Thursday!
the only thing she can do is what Parker and co. are willing to do.

And can you explain what parker is supposed to do when he adds back value to a CBA just because labor leaders come back and ask for it? You can bet that the other groups, esp. the pilots, will come up with a much longer list and push hard to ensure they get their list filled twice.

And when he does will you post that you were wrong? What precedent? Giving the original TA that was offered in the first place?
sure....

and can you tell us what motivation Parker has to override the CBA process to enrich it because labor is unhappy with their own decisions?

if you can pull it off, let me know but I just don't think Parker is going to give anything without getting something in return, esp. for the first group.

WorldTraveler said:
he hasn't signed anything, has he?

you're still grasping at hope that the vote disaster will just go away.

When that has really happened, let us know.

I can assure you that Parker will set a very dangerous precedent with other labor groups - and he won't - if he just blows off a vote that took place and then starts taking wishlists for a redo.

What precedent is that?

diamondcutter said:
Wrong Again, no it's already been stated !!
Just for funzies, could you post a link to the part where Parker stated he would put the pay back in and take nothing out?

if Parker is willing to walk completely over the entire CBA process, then he is opening a can of worms that he will never recover from.

and I doubt very seriously that he will do it, esp. when there are multiple other CBAs behind the FAs.

Just for funzies, could you post a link to the part where Parker stated he would put the pay back in and take nothing out?
^^this^^

So let me see - the company is willing to pay its employees more (after we heard rant and rant about profit sharing ) and now we say Parker is breaking collective bargaining process

So let's get this straight - the union approached him - he responded that he is open

Doesn't sound like a break of CBA

jcw said:
So let me see - the company is willing to pay its employees more (after we heard rant and rant about profit sharing ) and now we say Parker is breaking collective bargaining process
So let's get this straight - the union approached him - he responded that he is open
Doesn't sound like a break of CBA
I fully understand the enthusiasm about getting the pay back in, but really folks, Parker isn't just going to give it and not get anything back, he will get removed from his position if he does.
Me thinks we should wait and see what the final result is before saying "it's a done deal"
Nobody knows what the deal is.

If he keeps the hard 40 and removes the clause about the UAL contract moving the market aggregate , I'm not sure you won anything, except more money upfront, only to probably lose money on the back end.

Let's see how it plays out.

CMH_GSE said:
I fully understand the enthusiasm about getting the pay back in, but really folks, Parker isn't just going to give it and not get anything back, he will get removed from his position if he does.
Me thinks we should wait and see what the final result is before saying "it's a done deal"
Nobody knows what the deal is.

If he keeps the hard 40 and removes the clause about the UAL contract moving the market aggregate , I'm not sure you won anything, except more money upfront, only to probably lose money on the back end.

Let's see how it plays out.

The Hard 40 starts in January.

"[SIZE=10pt]LAA Flight Attendants will continue to have the ability to drop trips consistent with the current contract, until the implementation of PBS. However, the 420-hour threshold will continue to apply for sick and vacation accrual. The LAA 420-hour benefit threshold will be eliminated effective January 1, 2015[/SIZE]."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back