Possible Restoration of Lost Wages for Flight Attendants

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdAstraPerAspera said:
LG is a wizard, and if she can't do it, no one can. She is already being hailed in some circles as a powerbroker and possibly one of the greatest labor leaders of our current time. I can't wait to see what happens Thursday!
What circles would that be? Business magazines? Well what qualities do Businessmen like to see in Labor Leaders? They love Labor Leaders like the rest of the Republicans. Businessmen love labor leaders who get them what they want. 

I will say she hired a good Economist, she did a good job guiding the FAs before BK and the only mistake was getting emotionally involved in determining who managed the company after BK. 

So do you want to bet that Parker wants the aggregate adjustment out of any deal he makes? 

WorldTraveler said:
if Parker is willing to walk completely over the entire CBA process, then he is opening a can of worms that he will never recover from.

and I doubt very seriously that he will do it, esp. when there are multiple other CBAs behind the FAs.

^^this^^
With the unexpected surge in profits driven by low fuel costs I think Parker wants that aggregate based adjustment gone. 

With United's profit well below network peers, and their costs above AA and DL... It seems pretty unlikely that AFA will be able to negotiate anything above AA's rates of compensation. And if they do, it will be at a significant cost in work rules. Sorry.

Bob Owens said:
With the unexpected surge in profits driven by low fuel costs I think Parker wants that aggregate based adjustment gone.
It was gone in the TA. It will be gone IF we get the extra cash. No big deal. Only to you Bob.

NYer said:
The Hard 40 starts in January.

"LAA Flight Attendants will continue to have the ability to drop trips consistent with the current contract, until the implementation of PBS. However, the 420-hour threshold will continue to apply for sick and vacation accrual. The LAA 420-hour benefit threshold will be eliminated effective January 1, 2015."
The "hard 40" doesn't start till PBS for LAA. Always was the case, except with the LOA that was only valid if we passed the idiot test and voted correctly the first time. PBS is 24 months off according to the Union for LAA. USAir likes it, so they keep it as is from day 1. USAir has sooooo many word and overly complicated work rules and yet they actually wanted the Hard 40. I guess they don't favor flexibility at USAir.

With United's profit well below network peers, and their costs above AA and DL... It seems pretty unlikely that AFA will be able to negotiate anything above AA's rates of compensation. And if they do, it will be at a significant cost in work rules. Sorry.
UA's base compensation is not connected to their profitability. It is true that UA's profits and profit sharing are below industry average but that doesn't mean their pay scales are.

And here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 198
Bob Owens said:

Wrong. The APFA received their wages without any givebacks.

diamondcutter said:
Also. The ua/co language STAYS!!!!!!
If true, then yes, that's a good get for the FAs, and it bodes well for the remaining groups.

Looks like the pilots may have something soon.

Is the TA that's going to be implemented identical to the one what was voted down?

Also, congratulations!

ChockJockey said:
Is the TA that's going to be implemented identical to the one what was voted down?

Also, congratulations!

No. They still lost some language they had in the TA that won't be part of their JCBA.

NYer said:
No. They still lost some language they had in the TA that won't be part of their JCBA.
I guess diamondcutter didn't get that memo, claiming Nothing was taken out.

Maybe someone in the know can post what was given up to get the money back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back