Predictions For Today's Votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaBradford22

Advanced
May 15, 2003
Anyone?

I'm guessing that Fleet Service ratifies pretty handily, about 63/37 or something like that.

On the other hand, Mechanics may be pretty close. I'm going to say ratification by about 52/48, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if that one didn't ratify.

Get a grip, if the mtc contract hadn't passed already, we would have been given a date for a second vote by now! There is NO WAY the union is going to allow either of these proposals to be voted down, and take the chance of being on the outside looking in!

As I have stated before, even if the backroom voting the IAM is stuck on is honest, (???) they will still make sure it passes one way or another! That was proved by our famous, "you're so confused" second vote.

The IAM understands the situation fully... It passes, they've got the dues for the remaining members wrapped up for years. If it fails, they might lose another airline. Lets see, dues times thousands left = millions! Dues times no union = 0!

The union is willing to let us down, but not themselves!

700UW said:
They will both ratify, the membership is spineless.
[post="240915"][/post]​

The membership is spineless????

First, let the union stand up and say, NO, we DO NOT reccomend this!

Second, lets see an honest, ONE TIME vote, and then see how things go!

Airline givebacks lead workers to take it out on representatives

JANE M. VON BERGEN

Knight Ridder

PHILADELPHIA - Union leaders live for the triumphal moment when they can deliver a good contract to their members. That never happens anymore to Stephen "Randy" Canale, 60, of Havertown, Pa., lead negotiator for US Airways' 4,283 baggage handlers.

MOD NOTE: POST THE LINK

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/business/10695396.htm

Imamec said:
The membership is spineless ????

Second, lets see an honest, ONE TIME vote, and then see how things go!
[post="240921"][/post]​
when they didn't come to a mutually agreed upon t/a it was apparent to me...you need it spelled out 'er what?
The membership is spineless
didn't get voted down and didn't come anywhere near a strike vote...so yes no spine...

700UW said:
They will both ratify, the membership is spineless.
[post="240915"][/post]​

When the international leadership fails to come out in giving a recomendation of a big thumbs down even if the union did not "negotiate" these pieces of garbage.

They are the ones who are spneless all they care about is keeping the dues going at all cost.

As far as local level leadership is concerned they just follow the weak international
"execs" in hopes of getting a high paying AGC slot or some other kiss A$$ job from the District.

Your tale reminds me of when I worked in PIT, and we voted out the old president. The IAM then put him in a national position, where he couldn't be voted out. Oh yeah, it was also a step up for him!

The membership has spoken!!! Not to the union it didn't.

Like Delldude said, it was not a T/A, does the union have to hold your hand while you vote?

Just remember, even though its not a TA and the IAM isn't endorsing this current proposal, my guess is they'll still collect dues.

:glare:

700UW said:
Like Delldude said, it was not a T/A, does the union have to hold your hand while you vote?
[post="240927"][/post]​

Members pay dues for a reason its called represention the reps get paid to make recomendations to the ones they represent. When your lawyer doesnt do this its time to fire him and get a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts