Presidential Pardons and Transition

tech2101

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
Reality
Visit site
It appears the George W. Bush is not going to go overboard on the pardons as Clinton did.

"Amid a flurry of recent clemency requests that reached historic levels, a number of high-profile defendants have looked to Mr. Bush for help. They included Michael Milken, the former junk bond king convicted of securities fraud; Marion Jones, the former Olympic sprinter convicted for lying about her use of performance-enhancing drugs; Randy Cunningham, the former California congressman sent to prison in a bribery scheme; and John Walker Lindh, an American who pleaded guilty to serving with the Taliban...But none of that came to pass on Monday."

Article here...and here.

I am glad to see that. I hope that is the end of it.

President Bush has been gracious so far in his final time as President. His staff has not resorted to the childish crap that took place when Clinton was on the way out.

â€￾The Clinton administration treated the White House worse than college freshmen checking out of their dorm rooms,â€￾ Barr said Tuesday. â€￾They disgraced not just themselves but the institution and the office of the presidency as well.â€￾

The GAO concluded that â€￾damage, theft, vandalism, and pranks did occur in the White House during the 2001 presidential transition.â€￾ The report stated that some incidents, such as removing keyboard keys, placing glue on desk drawers and leaving obscene voicemail messages â€￾clearly were intentional,â€￾ and intentional damage would constitute a criminal act under federal law. No prosecutions are planned, though.
Link

I would have been shocked if Randy Cunningham and John Walker Lindh were pardoned. Randy Cunningham's crimes were so blatant, and recent, it would have been a miracle for him to get a pardon. His case was one of those you just shook your head and wondered what happened. Here's a guy you has a distinguished Navy career, at least in wartime, becomes a congressman and manages to piss it all away.

John Walker Lindh wasn't going to get it for obvious reasons.

There are so may people who have been caught up in the legal system who have been screwed over and should be pardoned. I get ticked off when POTUS's abuse the power and pardon their friends, relatives and cronies who knowingly and willfully broke the law.

To say Pres 'X' pardoned 10,000 and Pres 'Y' pardoned 100 does not say anything. Did the 10,000 deserve it or not? Were there more than the 100 who deserved to be pardoned or not? Did any of the 100 or 10,000 not deserve it? Were they granted pardons because they were 'friends' of the WH? Those are the issues that I am concerned with.

I was talking about pardons. Not sure what you said has to do with anything in this thread but it's a free world.

I was talking about pardons. Not sure what you said has to do with anything in this thread but it's a free world.

Yes, please don't stray off topic because Cos doesn't like that and he will make it his highest priority to notify the offender !

I know................he's notified me, countless times !

Maybe they've got an open moderator slot waiting for you Cos !

Yes, please don't stray off topic because Cos doesn't like that and he will make it his highest priority to notify the offender !

I know................he's notified me, countless times !

Maybe they've got an open moderator slot waiting for you Cos !
Um, so why don't you add something of value instead of attacking somebody?

I've got a $20 bill for anyone(who puts up $1) that says..Scooter gets a pass, as W is "passing" out the door....(THANK GOD) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a related note, I'm GLAD that the US House of Reps. are not(NOW) tipping their hand about HAULING Dirty dick and Rove in for a "Henry Waxman CHAT".

Don't need W handing out any "grandfather'd pardons".

But rest assured "this topic" is FAR from OVER :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back