Profit sharing

bunt3dunk

Aug 17, 2008
Doug Parker was on CNBC stating that profit sharing is outdated and that the other airlines should stop and pay higher wages, what a joke ! losing our profit sharing this year will cost at least a 10% wage cut , that's including our raise and the fact that we are still behind Southwest,Delta and United in average salary per worker.this management group made millions on the merger and they don't want to share it with the employees , bring back our profit sharing you lying SOB !

bunt3dunk said:
Doug Parker was on CNBC stating that profit sharing is outdated and that the other airlines should stop and pay higher wages, what a joke ! losing our profit sharing this year will cost at least a 10% wage cut , that's including our raise and the fact that we are still behind Southwest,Delta and United in average salary per worker.this management group made millions on the merger and they don't want to share it with the employees , bring back our profit sharing you lying SOB !

Yeah! I missed the profit sharing we had from 2003 to 2012. =/

Personally I would rather have a fixed increase in salary instead of  a undetermined and not guaranteed profit sharing check.
But having said this, I believe that our PS formula was so weak, they could afford to give both.

except you won't get in a fixed salary what you can get in profit sharing.

Parker is not doing it and neither will any other company.

WorldTraveler said:
except you won't get in a fixed salary what you can get in profit sharing.

Parker is not doing it and neither will any other company.

true, but when economic times get bad, profit sharing is either reduced or eliminated whereas a contractual salary increase is still in tact. 

that is common thinking... but the airline industry has restructured so that it can be profitable even when the economy goes bad.

DL's CEO specifically stated that is their goal.

WN has operated under that philosophy for years.

the notion that companies and industries should continue to vacillate to external events is something that Parker wants you to believe but the entire point of the latest phase of consolidation in the industry including AA/US was to eliminate it.

He wants you to read chapter 3 while he is already in chapter 4.

He knows full well that he has been tasked to make AA profitable on a consistent basis. He just wants for you to believe that stuff like Ebola will keep that from happening.

Ebola, really?

MetalMover said:
Personally I would rather have a fixed increase in salary instead of  a undetermined and not guaranteed profit sharing check.
But having said this, I believe that our PS formula was so weak, they could afford to give both.
We haven't seen a wage increase in years. I am making now what I made in the Late 90s. Profit sharing should be automatic when times are good. This company and this union just keep taking never any giving. Lowest paid in the industry billions in profit and nothing for the rank and file. This is why moral is what it is no matter who runs this place or represents us. Die on your knees.

NYer said:

...and I enjoyed PF in the 80's before our union allowed it to become one of the negotiable items.

NYer said:

Yes the Profit Sharing that Jim Little got us instead of the revote. "The Sweetener".  Funny how the Union said it was so valuable when the company was losing money but now that they are poised to make $6.8 billion , they say its worthless.

MetalMover said:
We got profit sharing in exchange for compensation that reduced our standard of living, now they want us to accept wage increases that at best maintain that reduced standard of living and give up profit sharing when its finally about to actually produce something. If they want to keep profit sharing fine, but first adjust my compensation so that it compares in todays dollars to what we were earning before all the concessions. 

WorldTraveler said:
Ebola, really?

You are not clairvoyant. Nor are you a microbiologist. A new virus like SARS but far deadlier could emerge out of inland China tomorrow and devastate the entire world's economy, and you would look like a perfect fool.

You're so September 10th.

Yes the Profit Sharing that Jim Little got us instead of the revote. "The Sweetener".  Funny how the Union said it was so valuable when the company was losing money but now that they are poised to make $6.8 billion , they say its worthless
I like how these people try and justify the twu giving it away because it hasn't paid off since who knows when but know good and well that its a different plan and different circumstances affecting the bottom line than before.  First dollar payout now verses payout after first 500 million in the old plan. Less competition and more concessions than before.  But hey, lets not plan a picnic today because it rained yesterday.        

AdAstraPerAspera said:
You are not clairvoyant. Nor are you a microbiologist. A new virus like SARS but far deadlier could emerge out of inland China tomorrow and devastate the entire world's economy, and you would look like a perfect fool.

You're so September 10th.
Why do you guys even acknowledge this jack off? Put him on ignore and then enjoy this site more! Eventually when no one responds to her/him, it will leave for good.

Back