Profit Sharing Almost Definite..

Bobby

Apr 3, 2006
""The frontline employees of US Airways and America West who sacrificed so much to turn around and then merge our companies will receive 2006 profit sharing payments in March. In fact, year-to-date through September 2006, our total accrual for profit sharing was $48 million. We fully anticipate that amount to increase after we report our fourth quarter results next week," said Mr. Parker in his prepared testimony."

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070124/law060.html?.v=86

How generous.

Let's assume it gets to 60 million (unlikely) and that 30,000 people participate in the profit sharing (Dunno here) AND that it's distributed equally to each person (not going to happen).

It's $2k. How much did the average mechanic, pilot, FA, dispatch, ramp, etc lose in salary, let alone pensions during the bankruptcy slaughter?

Contrast that with what Parker will pocket.

Thousands and thousands; not to mention that I (in my example) am giving $16 per hour to our beloved and wounderful company, as the West 737 F/O is making that much more than I, working for the SAME company, doing the SAME job!

Thousands and thousands; not to mention that I (in my example) am giving $16 per hour to our beloved and wounderful company, as the West 737 F/O is making that much more than I, working for the SAME company, doing the SAME job!

West should not even be getting a dime of it. We give them profit share and those greedy @#$%$%^ want to put "Save Dave" in front of 20 year East guys. Talk about a land grab. Come fly out East boys!

Yes, the same goes for Flight Attendants. In February, West is operating PHL-BOS-SFO-SAN-PDX-PHX all making LESS than our counterparts (at now, the SAME company) on the East. Its time to change that..

West should not even be getting a dime of it. We give them profit share and those greedy @#$%$%^ want to put "Save Dave" in front of 20 year East guys. Talk about a land grab. Come fly out East boys!
First of all, we are not a greedy @#$%$%^, Most of don't give a RAT's A$$ about the stupid profit sharing and regardless of what DP states. We have already lost more than the profit sharing will provide and we don't expect to see it return via a check or anything else. But if if does you can bet your butt: We will spend it with a smile on our faces!

Secondthe East didn't provide all of the profit and neither did the West.

Third this is exactly what DP wants; Maintain the East vs West mindset that you exhibit and continue to keep the US Airways employees divided. Then when and if the DELTA merger goes through, the East vs West will be vs DELTA and DELTA will sure as heck will not vote for any union just to tick people like you off. Which means all UNION contracts will be null and void and DP can call all of the shots without any concerns of "UNIONS" messing up his "cost neutral" stance.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that concept. The West employees didn't pi$$ in your cherrios, DP did, so climb down off your high horse, quit your name calling and do something useful to improve everyone's situation. Anyone can point fingers!

From a Personal stand point: I have flown back East and that is one of the reasons I am out West. You have to shovel snow, I don't have to shovel hot!

Keep the profit sharing, fund my retirement again!

BTW, if no one wants to keep their profit shar-send it my way--- :up:

How generous.

Let's assume it gets to 60 million (unlikely) and that 30,000 people participate in the profit sharing (Dunno here) AND that it's distributed equally to each person (not going to happen).

It's $2k. How much did the average mechanic, pilot, FA, dispatch, ramp, etc lose in salary, let alone pensions during the bankruptcy slaughter?

Contrast that with what Parker will pocket.

Not that I don't agree with you, because i do. However, I just can't understand why everyone can't just move on. The past is the past. Just like the other work groups on the east, my group gave too. We lost almost $6.00 per hour, pensions, vacation, sick, work rules, etc. It all amounts to about 30% pay cut and it sucks!!!! But, like everyone else, I had a choice. The choice was vote yes or no. The majority ruled and thus the contract I am stuck with is what it is. So now I have another choice. I can stay and work under the contract that ratified hoping that a new combined contract is better, or I can leave! It's just that easy. There are hundreds of jobs out there and that pay close to, if not more, than we make now. It's a choice. I choose to stay. So I accept my profit sharing (I will be lucky to get $600.00) and go to work the next day. Amazing how simple life is. A road full of decisions, yes and no.

wiil the piedmont employees get any of the profit sharing or are we excluded?

PDT and PSA will recieve profit sharing! Remember PDT employees also gave up 3.5 million in pay and benifits. Even though Beebe lied and told us we were getting RJ's if we sign on the concessionary contract, but he knowing the whole time PDT would never recieve any Jets!! What a turd that guys is!!!!!

wiil the piedmont employees get any of the profit sharing or are we excluded?

Somehow, and i don't know all the details, the bankruptcy court implemented it. Each workgroup gets a percentage of the whole pie. The flight attendants, AFA as an entire group, gets a lump sum share of the pie. That lump sum is then split amongst each flight attendant based upon your W-2 earnings for the 2006 year. If you are like me and are a reserve on the east side, even with 6 years of seniority, you don't fly. Therefore my W-2 earnings are terrible meaning I won't get hardly any profit sharing. However, if you are a senior flight attendant on the east, 20 years or more, you can still work the same amount I do because you can call out sick for your trips and still get paid increasing your W-2 earnings. Therefore you will get a large profit sharing check even though I had to fly your trips. Oh well, they paid their dues and put in their time I guess, some day I'll have that seniority!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that concept. The West employees didn't pi$$ in your cherrios, DP did, so climb down off your high horse, quit your name calling and do something useful to improve everyone's situation. Anyone can point fingers!

I see how you forgot to point out how your pilot group wants a windfall. I dont think it was Doug who is trying to put all of you above pilots with 21 years of service. That is called greedy @#@#@#@. Get off your high horse pal. If the list goes anywhere near what you greedy @#$#$#$# want there will be those who want that left seat that they stole. At least we gave seat protection.

We gave you part of our profit share you didnt negotiate it. As far as Delta, it looks like (thank god) it isnt going to happen. Good thing because I am sure you greedy %$%$^ would try to screw them as well.

I am NOT waiving a banner in support of this new management team by an means but any money our way is more than we received from the old wackjobs that were running US Airways before. Though it doesn't replace anything we lost I certainly WILL accept mine. All donations of unwanted profit sharing (if its not good enough for ya) can be made to me with open arms. We need to fight to gain back some of what we lost but that is a different story all together. $$$$$$$$$$ :up:

Latest posts

Back