Profit Sharing Almost Definite..

As a group:
BK #1- Concession #1: $77.6 million
Concession #2: $26 Million

BK #2- $94 Million; with pension $154 million
Total: $257.6 million from 5,000 f/as left.
Furloughs and terminations total approx: 5,500, Retirees- approx 900
Top out wage in 2001 $46.01 per flight hour
Current wage: top out $37.59

sky high states: Profit sharing SHOULD OF BEEN NEGOTIATED into the west's contract. As you can all see from above, the EAST flight attendants incurred SEVERE CUTS IN PAY AND BENEFITS.
Just got the W-2 for the year, and it's pathetic. Seeing that we all fly more to offset the cuts. Flying more is an understatement. When arent we exhausted nowadays??? Overnight in hotels that have bedbug problems. Have to bring food now, cant afford to eat on the road. Soooo, excuse us EAST Coast people are being alittle upset. I'm MISSING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN PAY...........barely make it from paycheck to paycheck, and I have no debt. It's truly pathetic that your BOY WONDER--DOUGIE is spewing cost neutral to a group that is on the verge of be considered "lower income" in society. :down:
And, before someone says: QUIT. I say, SHUT UP! I paid my dues and I'm allowed an opinion. And, dont assume my opinion has anything to do with my work ethic. Clear?

only stating opinions.

Eric,

Let me explain this one more time.

Did any of the West Employees give concessions in the last US Chapter 11 case? Doesn't matter! What do the west contracts say about profit sharing? NOTHING because there is no provision for it.

Hey butt wipe before you answer question about AWA people know your facts the pilot group has a provision in our contract for profit sharing it says if any employee group gets profit sharing so do we. And this is for the rest of you easties that think we here at AWA dont deserve nothing listen to Parker in the Last State of the Airline Web Cast we one of you idiots stood up and said AWA people Should get East Profit Sharing. Can you Guess What Parker said next come on Guess you simply minded fool ok I will tell you he said if it wasnt for the AWA employees you wont have no profit go figure I wonder what he meant(Paper or Plastic). If it was up to me I says Keep your Profit sharing and let you finish out your beautiful LOA93 while we start our own section 6 and get more pay increases while you still get your profit sharing. And I said I was never going to post again because you east people are a bunch of tools but I cant help it this time some F&&&in nerve

One big happy family.

I expected it to be like the Brady Bunch, or even Momma's Family. But not like this.

Pitiful.

It had to do with the transition agreement. The full text of the e-line that was sent out can be found at www.afausairways.org. If I remember correctly, the west MEC would not negotiate a transition agreement that protected east flying until complete integration without something. Profit sharing was all the east had to give. It also had something to do with offering new hire opportunities on the west to furloughed east flight attendants. Again, it is all in the eline.

The West MEC put no conditions on the East F/as and protecting East flying. What are you talking about?????

If that is what Mike wrote out, then he gave "spin". East flying intergration is COMPANY BUSINESS; not union business.

Bottom line, it was stupid for Mike to bring back some kind of deal to the East MEC for them to vote to dilute the profit sharing in the East contract. He should have been smart enough to convey to the company's managment that "profit sharing" is THEIR deal with the West f/as.

I believe with these new local rep elections in CLT, PIT and PHL could possibly change the direction of the MEC, and thus the MECP.

Eric,

Let me explain this one more time.

Did any of the West Employees give concessions in the last US Chapter 11 case?

HP employees did not participate in the concessions, therefore they are not entilted to the profit sharing.

It says alot how they want something for nothing and take money out of the East Employees wallets and food off their table.

700UW....MY POINT IS THE IAM IS WORSE THAN WORTHLESS TO THE NON-UNION CRETED TECH OPS FOLKS. DON'T YOU GET IT. WE NEVER MADE THE BIG BUCKS TO CONCEDE IN CONSESSIONS AND WE GOT BONUSES BEFORE! PAY FREEZE, PAY IAM DUES AND BE LEFT OUT OF THE BONUS MONEY. DP NEVER SCREWED US LIKE THE IAM IS SCREWING THE TECH OPS FOLKS. DP GAVE US BONUS CHECKS WHEN AWA WAS PROFITABLE. EARTH TO 700UW. STOP DRINKING THAT FRIGGIN IAM KOOLAID.

What a piece of crap the IAM is shoving down West Tech Ops. Come on defend their position with the tech-ops folks. I'd really like to hear what Pitbull has to say about this. She is more reasonable and is not partial to the IAM like you are.

700UW....MY POINT IS THE IAM IS WORSE THAN WORTHLESS TO THE NON-UNION CRETED TECH OPS FOLKS. DON'T YOU GET IT. WE NEVER MADE THE BIG BUCKS TO CONCEDE IN CONSESSIONS AND WE GOT BONUSES BEFORE! PAY FREEZE, PAY IAM DUES AND BE LEFT OUT OF THE BONUS MONEY. DP NEVER SCREWED US LIKE THE IAM IS SCREWING THE TECH OPS FOLKS. DP GAVE US BONUS CHECKS WHEN AWA WAS PROFITABLE. EARTH TO 700UW. STOP DRINKING THAT FRIGGIN IAM KOOLAID.

What a piece of crap the IAM is shoving down West Tech Ops. Come on defend their position with the tech-ops folks. I'd really like to hear what Pitbull has to say about this. She is more reasonable and is not partial to the IAM like you are.
Lets see Al Hemenway is the VP of Labor Relations for US Airways, not the IAM, last time I checked your buddy Al froze the pay and stopped your bonus, not the IAM.

Second, you did not give concessions like the US East employees who gave up their hard earned cash, benefits, pensions and some even had to give their jobs.

Shame on the HP employees for not unionizing earlier and working for sub-industry standards.

You want something for nothing and take money away from people who gave hard earned cash to keep US in business, that is simply greed.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Wow, it only took one post after the first for someone to whine and complain.

Is that all the east can do?

Its a broken record.

You are getting profit sharing, it sure the hell beats not having a job.

Be happy for once (or at least be a tiny bit less unhappy)

Know what you call a "happy East employee"?

An Oxymoron

Lets see Al Hemenway is the VP of Labor Relations for US Airways, not the IAM, last time I checked your buddy Al froze the pay and stopped your bonus, not the IAM.

Second, you did not give concessions like the US East employees who gave up their hard earned cash, benefits, pensions and some even had to give their jobs.

Shame on the HP employees for not unionizing earlier and working for sub-industry standards.

You want something for nothing and take money away from people who gave hard earned cash to keep US in business, that is simply greed.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Keep repeating the IAM company line. If the IAM is so mighty then why, assuming your right, allow Big Ole Al to shoot away tech op's bonus and pay raises. So you see either way the IAM isn't serving their membership. The "something for nothing"...another union line....LOL. The at will employees at AWA tech ops received bonuses and didn't have to pay IAM sorry dues. IAM looks after their own interests first and aren't any better morally or ethically than a large corporation. The only difference is...if there not in bed with management...is they provide some form of protection. It's debatable whether or not that protection is worth the dues paid. I might even go so far as to say U and IAM are in bed together when it comes to tech-ops west. Let's see...tech ops folks on the west...Pay IAM dues even though they are still not officially in the IAM, take a pay freeze, lose vacation time based on the IAM contract. Lose, lose situation. Oh well your probably 100% right, it's all the companies fault and the fault of the employees for not unionizing sooner. The company probably would like to see a reduction in west tech-ops folks anyhow...just shovel a little money to the IAM so they won't do anything about their situation. Perfect! Win, win situation for the IAM and company! Better yet why not call in the Philly five to speed up the exodus of tech ops folks. Union, smu-union. IAM get off your arse and make use of those dues your collecting! DP, get those employee contracts done with some raises!

You have no idea of the negotiation process and your post totally shows you were a company man.

You can't get blood from a stone.

Unionism is down in this country, that's a fact.

HP voted in unions when the employees thought it was necessary. How dare you shame anyone for not wanting/needing/desiring to be a union member.

Why doesn't the IAM take the new members into the fold immediately and show that brotherhood and solidarity? Why is the union AND the company playing the employees?

What about the "new" union members that are possibly/most likely going to lose with the IAM? That's not a real strong selling point for the union, now is it? And you would think that there would be more empathy since the old US Airways has been through this so many times before.

You're basing your statements on staunch union members/supporters. Realize that not everyone is like you and thinks like you do. Many people in this new company had ample opportunity to bring in a union but it wasn't necessary because they felt they were treating fairly and didn't see the need for union representation. But now.....it's a major blow because the union membership is being forced upon them........after many, many years. And this company has lost and will continue to lose great employees because of the merger and all that goes along with it.

700, is your new job union???

HP played you all cause you were non-union, it took the FAA almost shutting you down to bring back more mechanics when Franke basically eliminated the MTC department.

The ATSB even said you all did not need to take paycuts to get the loan as your employees were the bottom of the barrel in salary and benefits.

Yes my new job is union and I am a member.

HP played you all cause you were non-union, it took the FAA almost shutting you down to bring back more mechanics when Franke basically eliminated the MTC department.
Speak of what you know. You weren't there and aren't there now.

The ATSB even said you all did not need to take paycuts to get the loan as your employees were the bottom of the barrel in salary and benefits.
Bottom of the barrel?? Not too sure about that but yes, we weren't made to take cuts. The 2nd BK on the east was set up to bring the east to our level so that this merger could go through.......we all know that. So what does that say for the company and the union?? HP employees accepted the situation for the most part and continued to strive for better. US Airways had their situation handed to them by a judge and those that stayed, also accepted those terms and continued to strive for better. So what is the difference in the end??

Yes my new job is union and I am a member.

Latest posts

Back