Proof that UA''s competitors fear our restructuring efforts

UAL777Flyer:

After turkey day and the fait of UA is decided...I will conduct the research you suggest and I'll start a thread under general aviation. Maybe the board could add a subject related to accident investigations.

Don't forget that there have been other un-explained center fuel tank explosions. I believe a 747 belonging to Iran Air exploded in-flight. Also, to my recollection there has been 3 737 tank explosions. There was even an emergency directive by the FAA to inspect and replace sensor wires of older 737's due to finding pitted and chaffed wiring.

Most recent, there was the Thai Airlines 737 that was to carry their PM. The tank exploded. The FAA issued an AD regarding running fuel pumps in an empty tank. You can read about it at: http://www.aviationnow.com/avnow/autonomy_...%2Frfaa0425.xml

So...it's not without precedence that a spark or fuel pump can actually lead to a tank explosion. Also, there were many other factors on 800 such as the design issue of the AC ducts running near the tank and the heat it generated.

If a missle struck 800, there would have been tell tale evidence that just could not be explained away. If you go to the NTSB website, they have videos where investigators explain the wreckage and how the tank exploded. I'm no expert, but it seemed conclusive to me. I just dont think the government could go to the lengths to actually manipulate the wreckage to support the tank explosion and not have one single person leak this to the press.

Why cover up a missle strike? It would have given Clinton ammo to go after the terrorist organizations.

Now if you think our military downed the jetline - due to an accident then that's absurd. Again, the lengths that people would have to go through to cover it up would be near impossible in an open society and country.

ok dave.

The recruiting office of the local wack-job militia group will be cantacting you shortly with an invitation to join.

UnitedChicago,

I'm wasn't disputing the causes of the accidents you mentioned. I was merely disputing the supposed cause of TWA 800.