PSA CUTTING THE FAT

N513AU

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
The bell tolls for all of us. If the reaper hasn't come for your job yet, he will soon. I've been out of work for months and haven't been offered anything yet...pretty soon the unemployment ends and its off to Wendys or McDonalds I go. All my work is worthless, my education redundant and the outlook is bleak. At least we get to blow up some Iraqis next month and wars usually end recessions. Unfortunately, I will never see a good job again in my life.

Today, PSA cut all its managers in PIT, DAY, and CVG. All salaried employees are gone. ML managers will take over in PIT.....CVG, DAY, who knows?

If you are talking about the Customer Service / Ramp management - no shock. Heard about that 3 months ago when the local PSA manager was being to take over PIT...but turned it down and now has the same position at another company.

Actually DAY does have Mainline employees. Under the first round of contract negotiations, CWA agreed that any stations converted to express be MAINLINE/EXPRESS stations. The agents there may stay on as mainline empoyees, but at reduced payrates. Very few stayed at any of the original stations (DAY/SDF/etc) While the station manager for DAY will also be a Mainline employee, it is currently vacant and the CMH station manager is covering both stations. IAM did not agree to this MAINLINE/EXPRESS agreement, so all the ramp operations were contracted out. I'm not sure who got DAY - but PSA got SDF.

DAY ground agents are under contract with a CLE company and at least two supervisors are former DAY mainline. The contract is a 30 Day rollover so that each month it is renewed. ML can give 30 days notice and the contract is gone! The gate agents are PSA as I understand but ML people are also employed under the ML/Express aggreement! It's a bad sitch in DAY as so many ML/PSA people try to nonrev. out of there with so few seats! Yet Delta fly's 757 all day long DAY/ATL![BR][BR]CVG use to be ML years and years ago but has been express for a long tome. PSA had a SMALL crew base there for about 3.5 years but was closed Sept. 1![BR][BR]DAY is HQ for PSA so what management positions were lost there?[BR][BR]