psa

Actually we didn't agree to slotted bidding. The pilot group was never even asked. The reason the MEC signed off on it was because they were told that if they didn't the 200s would be sent to PDT and the pilots (minus the J4Js) would go to the street. So it wasn't so much out of greed of the 700 but out of survival with the 200.

I think the last MEC pulled the wool over many's eyes in the whole deal. He was much like a politician, tell you what you want to hear, but didn't really listen to the group he was representing.

All the complaining about J4J/PSA is pretty stupid.

When you get down to it, the J4J group accounts for about 15% of the total pilot group.

PSA went from about 25 turboprops to about 50 jets. That's a greater gain then 15%.

The slotting for bidding does have an adverse effect on some of the very senior pilots, but the net gain in equipment makes it a wash.

As far as attitudes are concerned, the pilot group at PSA is extremely diverse.

Many of the new-hires have shiny new jet syndrom. Went from instructing in a 172 at Riddle to the right seat of a new jet. You can just picture them at Walmart in uniform on days off. I can see a lot of attitude from this group.

The group that has been there for 5 to 10 years are generally very professional.

The very senior PSA pilots are a mixed bunch. Some very professional and some are just out to lunch. When you commute from DAY to CLT to fly the heavy(700), your out to lunch. It pays the same!!!

The J4J group is there because they wanted a job that could pay the bills. Well, sort of pay the bills.

It's too bad you had this experience with a PSA pilot, the majority of them are pretty professional. My guess is, it was a newer co-pilot that thinks the world owes him or one of the very senior out to lunchers.

Oh please...

Changing the rules...? the only time I know of things changing is that your pilot group traded slotted senority to the few JFJ pilots on your property, in return for the ability to fly the larger and better paying CRJ-700...

If you are talking about the recent push to utilize backfill positions for recent furloughees, that has been part of the jets for jobs deal from the begining, which your pilot group agreed to in return for the ability to fly CRJ in the first place sport.

So cry me a river when it comes to your complaints about so called mis-treatment from the mainline pilots.
there not coming over from MDA we found a way to kill off the devil and the mec cant do dick about it

Actually we didn't agree to slotted bidding. The pilot group was never even asked. The reason the MEC signed off on it was because they were told that if they didn't the 200s would be sent to PDT and the pilots (minus the J4Js) would go to the street. So it wasn't so much out of greed of the 700 but out of survival with the 200.
That whipsaw is a bugger when you dont have any friends. You can thank your former MEC chairman for that one. The WOed had an agreement on all of this to stop the whipsaw, and it was working right up to the point PSA stabbed ALG and PDT in the back to get the jets. They used that same line on all of us. ("If you dont do "X" we will give the jets to the other carrier"). This is standard procedure for management.
PSA signed on to whatever agreement that was put on the table in order to secure the shiny new jets. This agreement included the current J4J, and management just kept with the same playbook with the 700's (If you dont play ball we will give the planes to PDT) See the pattern yet?
PSA will get no sympathy concerning J4J from this ex WO pilot, you guys signed on the dotted line, now you must live with it. Perhaps a little Karma here. PSA even with J4J still has net more pilots than they did with the D0328's

this is why we have a crappy airline- no one actually works for the company anymore so no one is considered a co-worker anymore, no respect for each other, no respect for the product or the customer.
You have a good point. But I think some in the company like it this way to kept fear uncertainty doubts. This is the US/east style

Latest posts

Back