Massive Cancellations at PSA!

Great... so we would be encouraging low time pilots with wet ink commercials and no practical flight experience to come work here. But wait... that's ok, their GPA is good!

Nothing against Riddle/UND guys but the LAST thing I want to see is a pipeline for low timers who have little to none CFI or actual flying experience.

I think a better solution (and PDT at least started to do it) is offer better rewards, both financial and QOL, for people to come work in the USX system.
You guys are a little late. Most regionals have already been hiring through the pieline ERAU/Perdue/UND since 2002. Those guys are already captains and probably left on to greener pastures by now. What is left is CFI's and student pilots.

Some of you old timers correct me if I am wrong, but back in the 80's wasn't even United Airlines hiring pilots with only 500 hours total time?

If that is true, what is the difference between hiring a pilot with 500 hours 25 years ago and hiring one today?
One thing is that kids 25 years ago still had respect, today they are far and few in between. Just would feel more comfortable with a mature pilot. But I do believe everyone should be givin a chance at making their lifes choices.

Yesterday US Airways wholly owned express carrier PSA canceled 52 flights due to a pilot shortage. Last week Sunday PSA canceled 45 flights due to lack of crew. I don't have stats for other days of the week, but PSA posted bad numbers I am sure. Take a look at the departures board in CLT if you need to know the extent of the problem.
Notice they have not been publishing the weekend numbers here recently. Last weekend there was 15% cancellation Sun and Mon. I did not look at this weekend numbers but probably the same. I got 3 calls for Junior Man on Sunday, with 1 on Friday and 1 on Saturday. They should have been hiring 20/ month a year ago but they thought 8 a month would be sufficient. Attrition was higher than that!!!

Plus most guys are not willing to help out due to our mismangment team. Tempe could solve a bunch of these cancellations by firing KH and TK. The act alone would bost moral enough for a bunch of us to start helping out.

When your On Time numbers look bad,.â€￾ CANCEL FLIGHTSâ€￾ The completion factor looks bad but the wholly own express carriers operates different then outsourced carriers because of the way outsourced carriers get paid

When your On Time numbers look bad,.â€￾ CANCEL FLIGHTSâ€￾ The completion factor looks bad but the wholly own express carriers operates different then outsourced carriers because of the way outsourced carriers get paid

The question is: "Do we help out during this time of mismanagement?" Or do we just let them run this company into the ground. Either way we lose! What to do...What to do...

I just don't see what the problem is with 19 y/o pilots. Heck, I flew Huey's in Viet Nam when I was 19. None of my passengers complained, especially when I took them OUT of LZ's. Then again, some of them were dead.

I just don't see what the problem is with 19 y/o pilots. Heck, I flew Huey's in Viet Nam when I was 19. None of my passengers complained, especially when I took them OUT of LZ's. Then again, some of them were dead.

Hmmm, and in todays dollars you would have been making about 8k a year flying Hueys!!

Don't give us that sh$t!! Your comparing freaking Choopers in Nam with RJ's in today market is way different!!!

You should be smacked for posting that crap you moron!!

Hmmm, and in todays dollars you would have been making about 8k a year flying Hueys!!

Don't give us that sh$t!! Your comparing freaking Choopers in Nam with RJ's in today market is way different!!!
Your are the Moron! He has every right to say what he feels, and he EARNED it! Plus I believe he was refering to the age, if you can comprehend english!

Some of you old timers correct me if I am wrong, but back in the 80's wasn't even United Airlines hiring pilots with only 500 hours total time?

If that is true, what is the difference between hiring a pilot with 500 hours 25 years ago and hiring one today?

Only if you were a minority or female. Most of those folks rode in the back seat for a while. :down:

PedroPat

Your avitar is awesome! It, along with your post, demonstrates that you are among the many kids today that don't have any respect, as was mentioned earlier in the thread. :angry:

Your avitar is awesome! It, along with your post, demonstrates that you are among the many kids today that don't have any respect, as was mentioned earlier in the thread. :angry:

Ah, that guy's alright, and a good stick too. Probably bourbon night if I had to guess.

LOL, how did you guess!!! Your good!!
Blurred vision, bourbon, Heuys, Vietnam!!!

Sorry Folks!!

Next contract we need a to set a limit on how many times scheduling can call us on a day off.
And we need weekly classes informing them that the 30 in 7 rule applies to pilots, so does the 7 day straight. And yes even the 100hrs in a month. I know it sounds confusing but it really isn't all that difficult.

Latest posts