Psssst, somebody want to tell us about the Mech''s contract extenstion?

AAmech

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Come on now! Where are the juicy details? Where''s Nutzo when you really need him?[:sun:]

----------------
On 8/31/2002 3:30:47 PM

Come on now! Where are the juicy details? Where's Nutzo when you really need him?[:sun:]
----------------
Hey AAMech, I'm here, just kinda lurking anymore. I honestly have not heard any numbers. There is some information released by the company but no numbers yet. We should have some figures by tue/wed. I don't know if you go to the-mechanic or not but there are plenty of armchair experts ready to shoot it down based on rumors over there. I've waited this long, a few more days won't kill me.

----------------
On 9/1/2002 7:04:40 AM

Hey nutzo,

When you get this contract hammered out I was wondering if you would like to make a donation to the Human fund?[;)]
----------------
Hey WNbubble....our accounting office just got back to me and there is no such thing as the "Human Fund". Besides, you're the group w/all the big time stock options.

Are mechanics going to get real stock, or IOUs that can't be used until you retire or quit?

Also hoping you get an Industry Leading Contract. You deserve it.

We recieved (stock clerks and cleaners) stock options as a part of our contract agreement which have to be excercised by the end of our contract or we lose them. I am guessing their agreement would be similar. The Strike price is good right now though hopefully if they get locked in now they can get a good return on them. Our return has been less than favorable but we negotiated pre-9/11. This is all speculation anyway, since nobody will know what's on the table until the middle of this week anyway.

----------------
On 8/31/2002 6:32:46 PM
Hey AAMech, I'm here, just kinda lurking anymore. I honestly have not heard any numbers. There is some information released by the company but no numbers yet. We should have some figures by tue/wed. I don't know if you go to the-mechanic or not but there are plenty of armchair experts ready to shoot it down based on rumors over there. I've waited this long, a few more days won't kill me.
----------------
[/quote]
Hopefully its a big improvment over that other management offer. Don't worry though, I'm not going to do what some others have been doing, lecture you on what you should get. At least they've come off their 6yr fixation.
Hav'nt been on the-mechanic.com in a few years. It should be called Whiners.com, Complainers.com or possible moanersandgroaners.com. The people on that site will sap the life out of anybody!
[:((]

AAmech, yea I think most of us are hoping for the same. You're being too nice about the-mechanic....they might as well issue diapers for most of the guys posting there.