Votes: 0 0.0%
  • colgan

• real, (leaked surprise for pdt)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the navy blue livery was the best in the industry! i can remember seeing the 330 stick out in FRA against all of its global sisters. what an amazing thing!!

but...like everything else they have touched, tempe ruined it!

USCLT.jpg
;)

ok lets keep the paint commentary someplace else, if you don't like the new scheme fine, you're entitled to your opinion, just like i'm entitled to mine that the new one is much nicer than the old boring drab scheme that crystal city came up with, it just screams 'stodgy and uptight' well as much as stodgy and uptight can scream that is :D

Let's stay on the question of whether or not the photo of the Q is photoshopped, not start an argument about color schemes.

It's amazing how even the most innocent topics can give way to fighting and arguing about East/West on these boards.....

If we can't keep on topic we'll be happy to close the thread.

Thank you.

Let's stay on the question of whether or not the photo of the Q is photoshopped, not start an argument about color schemes.

It's amazing how even the most innocent topics can give way to fighting and arguing about East/West on these boards.....

If we can't keep on topic we'll be happy to close the thread.

Thank you.

Okay, its photoshopped. However they did a great job doing it.

How about the ATR/600 series? I heard that it is the rumored airplane that US Airways is now looking hard at.

http://www.atraircraft.com/public/atr/html...4560591a5875c49

It's probably one of the Q400's that Colgan(CJ) airlines is operating under Continental connection, with Photochopping applied.

I'm going to say this one more time: I know who did it, I saw the first two drafts of it, and the final image is the one you see in the OP. Look a little closer at the ramp- that should give you an idea of who and where. It wasn't Colgan.

The ATR is even better- the strakes on the 400 were hard to get right, but he nailed the whole scheme on the ATR. It got a LOT of second/third/fourth looks in the crew room in SBY.

Wow, that's pretty impressive photo shop work!

The guy's work is amazing, and he isn't using PhotoShop!! You should see some of his other work- you can't distinguish between a "store bought" DVD and one he made. Everything he does is professional grade, and that includes being a captain. I had the privilege of flying with him on his type ride in 04, and 4 day trips with him are like out and backs. And the bastard is 4 years younger than I!! He is a highly respected pilot over here.

You figure, in the near future, US Airways is going to need to address and do something with Piedmont.

1. Acquire new aircraft and continue operations pretty much (with a few adjustment) as are current.

2. Slowly release the existing Dash-8 fleet and just simply dissolve Piedmont into the history books.

You figure, in the near future, US Airways is going to need to address and do something with Piedmont.

1. Acquire new aircraft and continue operations pretty much (with a few adjustment) as are current.

2. Slowly release the existing Dash-8 fleet and just simply dissolve Piedmont into the history books.

Quit being so rosy, Rosie. Darken up the future a bit.

At any rate, you are right. But how do you release owned planes? It is either new equipment or death on the vine. The KoolAide Gang seem to say new planes are inevitable. The cooler heads agree with that statement, but qualify it with "inevitable... somewhere." I keep reading what they keep saying about the 400, and how it sounds to me is that they'd put them at a current RJ operator before putting them at PDT.

So, we'll see. I just hope we're still around for a while.

It's almost summer, about half of those owned planes will be grounded by crews for being 90+ degrees in the cabin before long anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts