Qatar Airways boss accuses Delta of flying 'crap' planes

and yet DL makes money without subsidies and gets a premium to the US industry for the fares DL collects.

Qatar should be so lucky. 

they are losing this war on both sides of the Atlantic.

can't wait to see Qatar's ad campaign.

here's what the good guys are airing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNdkdt_Epk

can you walk us thru how you came to that conclusion, Kev?

maybe you're right but I sure don't see signs of a peace treaty.

of course all of this expansion plus that of EK is dependent on the US Congress and the DOT not turning their back on the complaints of AA, DL, and UA (yes, all 3) that the ME3 have subsidized and continue to subsidize their operations.

The proposed solution the US3 asks for is to freeze capacity levels at Dec 2014 levels until the ME3 open their books and conform with global standards for the financial separation between government and business.

Given that over 200 lawmakers are putting pressure on the DOT to pursue the case and the DOT acknowledges that the ME3 subsidies are the worst it has ever seen, the chances are very high that the case will move forward with some type of restrictions on additional capacity by the ME3.

it is far from certain that the ME3 will be free to expand as they have.

and it very well may also be true that with a win from the US, the European Union may impose restrictions on growth of the ME3 in Europe as well.

finally, it is worth noting that the US3 found documents as part of its financial investigation that showed that the government of Qatar was on the verge of closing Qatar Airways because of huge losses as recently as 2009 but the Qatari government decided not to do so and instead poured more money into the airline.

Smart move by QR. Last I knew, both ATL and BOS were in the top five cities for top tier AAdvantage membership outside of the hub areas, and LAX was in the top five systemwide.

Here's some secret video taken at WT's house earlier this morning:

https://youtu.be/Z5f15-1Dpu8

I'm told tht FedEx has been quietly lobbying hard against DL's efforts, mainly because FDX is the carrier most impacted if the UAE retaliates on a US action. I'm also told that AA has been backing away, as has UA to a lesser degree.

DL might be powerful at lobbying in its backyard, but it's probably safe to say that the government depends on FedEx far more than any other airline, and if AA and/or UA drop leave DL to go this alone, then it's quite possible Richard will eventually have to get off the babysitter...

Reactions: 1 person
Remember ATL doesn't have any LCC or foreign carrier competition only DFW has competition

You must be mistaken only fliers belong to sky peos not advantage - actually I'm sure DL has lobbied for residents of Georgia are not allowed to join advantage

Reactions: 2 people
jcw said:
Remember ATL doesn't have any LCC or foreign carrier competition only DFW has competition

You must be mistaken only fliers belong to sky peos not advantage - actually I'm sure DL has lobbied for residents of Georgia are not allowed to join advantage
ATL does have LCC's as well as ULCC's.  Not sure if Virgin is in ATL but SWA is as far as the LCC's and I think Spirit and Allegiant is there and expanding more flights this year.  If I misread your post I do apologize.

I was being sarcastic based upon others saying DFW is at serious risk due to LCC and foreign competitors