Qatar Airways boss accuses Delta of flying 'crap' planes

eolesen said:
If crap hits the fan, EK definitely has a lot farther to fall than either QR or EY.

QR has the benefits of being tied into oneworld, while EY has built up its own network of partners thru equity investments (similar to what DL is now doing with VS, G4, and AM). Both have a 30/70 split between narrowbodies and widebodies.

EK is all widebody. They have no partners. They do their own IT in-house. They have this mindset that they can go it alone.

History has proven that is a really bad approach.
They are betting on the US government being....

well the US government. (and the EU being the EU) 

but if something where to happen they would have a very long way to fall. Airbus would also be in trouble. 
selling a 77W wouldn't be that hard, selling 80 something 380s would be impossible. 

good points, E.

and the means by which Emirates intends to succeed is by bulldozing everything in its path including Etihad and Qatar if pushes come to shove and EK has to prove that the accusations against the ME3 should really be leveled against the ME2.

I'm still not sure that EK is as blameless as it wants everyone to think they are which is probably why the US3 have taken the talks privately with the US government and legislators instead of providing fodder for a public fight which is what EK wants.

The US3 absolutely have the right to talk with the US and EU governments and EK doesn't have to be a part of the conversation until a full case is ready to be presented by the government to a government, not the airlines involved themselves