QIK Over Shares. Enhancements Ditched?

You guys really know how to keep the lines moving dont you? :shock: :down: Now all we need is for the company to start harping on "you need to be more productive like your counterparts at WN." And dont even get me started on the piece of c$)p equipment they keep sending us to work with...... (I need a smiley pulling its hair out at this point! :up: )

Oh no, the Old US and the new, see fare paying passengers,(the ones that keep the management bonuses flying, based on spin, that someone??? is buying)as advertising for a popular product? Ease of check in, bs,...why, we have kiosks'. Never concidered what a pain in the butt it is to get people to use them. They could care less if the line is 100 times longer than their limo. Short staff and you'll make bucks.
If I could, I would have the person in charge of the staffing model at the ticket counter with a bow on as a gift to every passenger, frustrated about the wait.
Please, take a big chunk of their A.. for me. Humiliate them, big time. It is a long way to fall with an ego like that.
Wn? Maybe they have tools that make them more productive, besides trudging thru sh.. to get the desired 'outcome'. (Er, productivity) I swear, someone has got the idea that 'if we put them through more key strokes to get the same out come, then they are more productive.'As opposed to less keystrokes to get more productivity. To me "quick" gets in the way.
(Hint): Bald tires do not provide traction.

Well I work in ops in fleet. I for one think it was a big misstake not to stay with SABRE for the whole airline.
Its a much better system and can be adapted easily.
I too look for a major meltdown.
When we combind our ops we got new phones. That was in July and they still dont work right. That should be a simple system. Go figure.

For the life of me, I can not understand the logic of cutting over until it works. The company is being penny wise and pound stupid! This system needs to be DELAYED until the software works and people are trained. Two days of training when shares was down most of the time makes for untrained agents. This process is poorly planned. Lord help us in March during March Madness!

What did you think?

My expectations, well, lets just say I have none any more..

:down:

QIK is buit for a small company we are a global carrier and this system is to slow and doesn't meet USAirways needs. The fact that these guys don't see this is very scary.

Doesn't CO run SHARES?

Also what/how exactly does QIK work with SHARES?

QIK is an overlay that currently runs Shares. The IT department wrote a version of QIK to operate Sabre (which it has been doing for the last few months). This was done so that the East agents could get use to operating QIK (over Sabre) so that when Sabre dissappears in March and Shares takes it's place, it won't be such a major transition from one program to the other. It is actually a fairly smart move on the company's part. It's just a matter of prying the agents away from using native Sabre and getting them to use QIK/Sabre enough to get use to it. Some folks just resist change.....

Piney - here is the only question that matters. Which is cheaper to support and run? SHARES. Once people learn to use it then it is one in the same. They are both reservation systems and do the same crap, just go about getting it done differently.

It is cheaper to use shares and they are both airline reservation systems. Once people learn it, it will be no different. Alot like west inflight relearning most of their jobs to conform with the east way of doing things (it was cheaper to retrain west than east). In this case, it was more expensive to use SABRE across the system AND retrain the west folks, so SHARES was picked.

Also, the migration has not happened yet so I do not think we can blame the website on that. The website turned to #### when it was brought in house and our in house IT department decided to try and run it.

Do not EVEN get me started on the IT department, they all need canned and they need to get someone with just a little bit of talent. I mean, our stupid intranet site on the America West side ONLY runs with IE 6. Not IE 5, not IE 7, not firefox, not safari, not netscape .... their excuse .... it is too difficult to program a website to work with all browsers.......WTF?!?!?!? I used to run an IT department for a fortune 1000 company in San Diego, I know it is actually VERY easy to make a website do that ...... they are IDIOTS!

Doesn't CO run SHARES?

CO uses SharesA, US will be using SharesB.

And to answer your next question, what's the difference? Think of it this way, what's the difference between Windows 95 and Windows XP?

Sent a note to someone I knew in training and this is the response I got.

New Shares REALLY is only the addition of the new ATAC product, called ACO
.....agent checkout.... by the way, it only shows cash, checks,reissues and any other auditors result that is gives you a comission on the sale. No plain ticket sale credit card transactions are put on it. Also NEW shares has DECS, probably not until May 1st. (entry deleted) Don't try this now, it will lock up your computer.
Choice 11 isn't on there yet. We are trying to eliminate the manual sine into DECS.
XXXXX is trying to "read your Shares sine in and move it to DECS behind the scenes....
like the curbside sets do for the skycaps.
Also, NEW Shares adds TIPS (XXXXX and XXXXXXX are working their butts off trying to get TIPS ready for March 3rd.) We are training manual reissues "just in case" the whole mess blows up in all our faces. None the less, all the WEST folks are going to a one or two day NEW Shares class to learn these differences. They are really excited to get ATACS er, uh, I mean ACO's, and they think TIPS is a gift from heaven; after many years of doing reissues on scratch paper at their T/C position.

What about Dispatch and Weight and Balance if they cut over to DEC/FOS and things don't work the system will shut down and cripple the operation. CLP will not do manual W&B. Better find the old load planners in the east and get them back in the operations rooms.

Piney - here is the only question that matters. Which is cheaper to support and run? SHARES. Once people learn to use it then it is one in the same. They are both reservation systems and do the same crap, just go about getting it done differently.

It is cheaper to use shares and they are both airline reservation systems. Once people learn it, it will be no different. Alot like west inflight relearning most of their jobs to conform with the east way of doing things (it was cheaper to retrain west than east). In this case, it was more expensive to use SABRE across the system AND retrain the west folks, so SHARES was picked.

Also, the migration has not happened yet so I do not think we can blame the website on that. The website turned to #### when it was brought in house and our in house IT department decided to try and run it.

Do not EVEN get me started on the IT department, they all need canned and they need to get someone with just a little bit of talent. I mean, our stupid intranet site on the America West side ONLY runs with IE 6. Not IE 5, not IE 7, not firefox, not safari, not netscape .... their excuse .... it is too difficult to program a website to work with all browsers.......WTF?!?!?!? I used to run an IT department for a fortune 1000 company in San Diego, I know it is actually VERY easy to make a website do that ...... they are IDIOTS!
Yes you are right this is typical managements attitude the agents will figure it out they have in the pass and they will now. They always throw changes out there and the agents step-up. HP SHARES is antiquated for the new USAirways..SHARES IS AND WILL NEED A WHOLE LOT OF UPGRADES. Meanwhile the agent will have to figure out the unsatisfactory results to our customers. SHARES IS NOT READY FOR THE NEW USAIRWAYS. The agents fought/negotiated a long drawn out battle with management with SABER to have it upgraded many many times to get it operating in its efficient way. THANKS FOR YOUR CHEEP SUPPORT.Just keep doing what they taught you in Flight Attendant training
ASK THE AGENT

The SAND CASTLE replaced all computers on the EAST SIDE.. with HP EVO ( Celeron ) with WINDOWS PROFESSIONAL XP operating system. They have them locked down so no idea what it has for memory.

EXCOP

US is the '95 version, just like we got the Yugo version of Sabre. Its not looking so bad now....

My new philosophy is do what it takes to get it done if they wont give me the tools to get it done correctly myself. When I get the note back from Accounting that I didnt do it correctly, they will get a note back that they need to update their system so it doesnt take me 45 mins on hold with the help desk (and hopefully get someone who knows what THEY'RE doing) to get a simple transaction completed. Cant wait to see the first internationl reissue since I havent seen or figured out a way for it to have a stored reissue (old PQRS). Will be a beautiful thing having to type the reissue ourselves and HOPE that the computer doesnt decide to pull one if its "I'm tired, I think I'll stop working now" games that it is prone to do. Oh well, just spent 30 mins typing, now I have to reboot and start all over.

Latest posts

Back