Question for Art from ISP

CSSUP

Aug 20, 2002
Art,
This is off topic but as you are a local....
What is the nearest, most convient Airport for SUNY in Stony Brook? My Father will be flying from PIT. Directions to SUNY Stony Brook is also appreciated.
Thanks![:sun:]

----------------
On 9/2/2002 9:34:54 PM

Art,
What is the nearest, most convient Airport for SUNY in Stony Brook? My Father will be flying from PIT. Directions to SUNY Stony Brook is also appreciated.
----------------

From the internet.....
GEN INFO:
http://www.sunysb.edu/

Driving directions:http://thermsa.eng.sunysb.edu/wmcg/dd_isp.htm

There is only one airport on LI other than the NYC airports..that's ISLIP..unless you are speaking of private airstrips.

----------------
On 9/2/2002 9:34:54 PM

Art,
----------------

CSSUP,

It is my pleasure to assist you. Islip (ISP) is the closest airport to SUNY Stony Brook. That's the good news. The bad news is there is no service from PIT to ISP ( I have been lobbying for a while but no luck). This means your dad will have to connect through PHL. Here are directions--

Drive out the airport road to Veterans Highway and turn right. Go to the second light (by the bank) and turn right again (I think Lake Ave but not sure). This road is at the approach end of RY 6 so if he sees approach lights that's good. Stay in the right lane and bear right at the fork a few hundred feet ahead (Ronkonkoma Ave). This will take him to the LIE. Turn right at the LIE to go east, and enter the roadway. Proceed to exit 62 (Nicolls Road)and take the northbound exit. Follow Nicolls Road all the way up about 10 miles and it will take you right to SUNY Stony Brook.

From LGA if necessary, take the Grand Central Parkway East to the LIE east then follow the same instructions for exit 62.

I hope this helps you, and I wish you and your colleagues all the best.

Thanks!
I will pass on the info.
He is nervous about this trip (I think he is getting an award), so any assistance is appreciated.[:sun:]