Question for rez agents

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Can someone tell me what you guys have been told to do when someone calls in with "a voucher"? Are you supposed to ask if its a paper voucher or electronic? The reason I'm asking is we are getting all kinds of reservations (mostly made in another country) that are made in a separate reservation from the one holding the voucher. This means we have to rebook in the original record containing the evoucher (either RTFC or the new ones that Customer Relations are using) and try to reprice at the orig fare quoted (which we all knows almost never happens) so now we have to store the original fare too. How many more steps do we need to do at the ticket counter and how much more time wasted? The other thing is, if its an Evoucher, it should be ticketed over the phone WITHOUT the people even having to come to the airport in the first place unless there is a fare difference and they are paying with cash, yet it continues happening. (I have sent a QIKFIX suggestion to make it bold and clear that the reservation associated with the evoucher MUST be given to the rez agent, but havent seen any wording change as of yet). Would like to get some feedback on it, and put it out there for Tempe to see since all of our other suggestions and problems sent in were supposedly thrown in the trash because they dont have someone to look at all of them. (And there were a lot!)
I know QIK isnt going away, but at least throw us a bone and change the wording on the RTFCs and letters with voucher info from CR please! Will you at least work to make one simple change that will make things much easier on the front line AND the customer? Also make sure that TODO rez agents are advised about the various evouchers?

. (I have sent a QIKFIX suggestion to make it bold

You really think anyone reads those???!! :rolleyes: :)
The last time they posted answers was in early June

Seriously, good questions. I've some strange voucher bookings also. And the whole point of the "e-vouchers" was to not make the people come put to the airports to redeem them.