No more power voucher hour!

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
BUILDING A BETTER AIRLINE: Taking Care of our Customers
Paper Vouchers Now Accepted Over the Phone
You asked for it so we made it possible. As part of our initiative to better serve our customers, we have
initiated a program that allows our customers to book reservations using paper vouchers over the
telephone.
Previously customers could only book the reservations, then had to go to an authorized US ticketing
locations, ATO/CTO, etc to turn in the vouchers. Now they can complete everything over the phone!
If the reservation is for travel in less than 14 Days, we ask that our customers fax or mail in their
vouchers. Once a legible voucher is received, the Ticket by Mail Department (TBM) then processes the
ticket.
If the reservation is for travel more than 14 days away, Reservations completes the reservation, and the
customer mails in the voucher.
TBM then issues these reservations upon receipt of the legible, acceptable voucher.
This new process offers many benefits:
· It saves our customers time and extra steps
· It saves airport staff the extra work load and ticketing duties
· It saves our Reservations staff the complaints, not being able to complete the process for our
customers.
Airport Customer Service and Reservations asked for it, and we have responded!

Glad to see that its official now. We've had people bring vouchers to us in the past and say I booked this ticket on the phone and they said I had to bring the vchr to the airport. Check the reservation and it was already ticketed with the vchr $ off. :shock: Now they can do it correctly via mail and not have to hope the customer is honest and actually bring the vchr in. I know in Sabre once something was used it was not able to be issued against again, but I have a feeling Shares/QIK doesnt have that capability. Hopefully this new procedure will work and take care of the "I had to drive 2 hours to the airport to ticket this stupid vchr" syndrome! :up:

Edited to add- Oooh. I just thought about it. Maybe TBM will see how many f*(#ups we get from rez with regards to vchrs and they will be able to track and correct the inconsistencies. To those working in TBM....Good luck and have fun!!!! :rolleyes:

Reservations is still sending people out to the airports with E-vouchers and they are rarely ever booked in the same PNR where the actual E-voucher is stored. I roll my eyes everytime I see this and I can't tell you how many times I've reported this. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of issuing an electronic voucher, if you're sending the customer to the airport.

If the reservation is for travel in less than 14 Days, we ask that our customers fax or mail in their
vouchers. Once a legible voucher is received, the Ticket by Mail Department (TBM) then processes the
ticket.
If the reservation is for travel more than 14 days away, Reservations completes the reservation, and the
customer mails in the voucher.
TBM then issues these reservations upon receipt of the legible, acceptable voucher.

Oh my - and who is taking bets that the phone agents will have any idea about how to do this? This joke can't even get a flight off the gate close to time - what makes them think that they will be able to do this?

Oh my - and who is taking bets that the phone agents will have any idea about how to do this? This joke can't even get a flight off the gate close to time - what makes them think that they will be able to do this?
You said it, I can't wait to see what a mess the phone agents make out of this.

Its already a mess. We have rez agents doing this already, but telling the people to bring the vchr to the airport (and going ahead and ticketing them) so when they come up to the counter for us to ticket, its done. Ok, thanks, I'll send the vchr in to acct.

Its already a mess. We have rez agents doing this already, but telling the people to bring the vchr to the airport (and going ahead and ticketing them) so when they come up to the counter for us to ticket, its done. Ok, thanks, I'll send the vchr in to acct.
still getting pax into redeem at the ato...guess rez in manila never got the memo