Ramifications of Judge Mitchell''s ruling

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 10:16:11 AM michael707767 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 12:12:17 AM chipmunn wrote:

However, the fact is that the pilots could be the only employees with a terminated retirement plan.

----------------
[/blockquote]

I have to say, though I don't want to give anymore than I already have, I don't think its fair that the pilots are the only ones who have there plan terminated. If the company is short of money, they should terminate all the retirement plans, create a new plan for everyone. Its wrong to single out one labor group.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Thanks Michael,

Beware, you are about to be eaten alive by all the pilot bashers. You see, to the majority on this board pilots are evil and deserve whatever they get. Fair has nothing to do with it. Thanks again though.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 10:16:11 AM michael707767 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 12:12:17 AM chipmunn wrote:

However, the fact is that the pilots could be the only employees with a terminated retirement plan.

----------------
[/blockquote]

I have to say, though I don't want to give anymore than I already have, I don't think its fair that the pilots are the only ones who have there plan terminated. If the company is short of money, they should terminate all the retirement plans, create a new plan for everyone. Its wrong to single out one labor group.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Thanks Michael,

Beware, you are about to be eaten alive by all the pilot bashers. You see, to the majority on this board pilots are evil and deserve whatever they get. Fair has nothing to do with it. Thanks again though.

No PineyBob my boyfriend is not an Express pilot, he works for mainline. I have many friends that work for the various Express carriers around the system and coming from you I am sure you meant that as an insult. Again I pity you. But I am confused. On one post you said you had a vested interest as you had 30 segments and on another you said you had 80 segments. Which story is it?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 12:01:54 AM chipmunn wrote:

... it is my understanding ALPA could not represent retired employees during the proceeding and that's why the retiree's obtained their own counsel. I forgot the witness who testified and discussed revised retiree benefits, but it is my understanding there is s three-year look back and then the retiree gets 90 percent of that number.

The retiree PBGC payment should be 70 to 80 percent of their current benefit.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Chip-

Could you provide a reference or more explanation? I know you're not a financial advisor or my lawyer. My situation is with a lump sum retiree between two and three years ago.

When you say, "90% of that number," what 'number' do you mean? Do they get 90% of all benefit received within three years???

I can look it up myself with a vague reference to the CFR or PBGC policy. I tried to search but it was like a needle in a haystack.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 2:03:08 PM Hula Girl wrote:

No PineyBob my boyfriend is not an Express pilot, he works for mainline. I have many friends that work for the various Express carriers around the system and coming from you I am sure you meant that as an insult. Again I pity you. But I am confused. On one post you said you had a vested interest as you had 30 segments and on another you said you had 80 segments. Which story is it?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Just an observation, but I never saw the 30 segments...I saw 80 segments and 30% mainline posted, but I haven't seen any different stories.

Can we start a separate thread about taste, credibility and personality? Gee, I might even post there, because I too find some of you very annoying. Strictly personal, of course.

Perhaps the thread would be called "how to write a post that won't annoy the goddess of the board." That way we can all take it to heart and improve our inner beauty, morality or whatever.

Another thread could be called 'pilots are jerks, pro and con.'

Unless your agendae is to drown out the utility of this board for people seeking insight, information and/or comfort in trying times. In that casse, your best bet is to continue this mess.

I don't presume to tell a moderator when to call it quits... but aren't we close on this one?

----------------
On 3/1/2003 2:11:56 PM Hula Girl wrote:

Mr. PineyBob, you need to take your disgusting stories with weirdo 'morals' somewhere else. Today is a hard day for the employees of USAirways and frankly, I would like for you to take your 'important' diatribes to another board. Thank you.
----------------

You are not welcome,

I'll post here when I choose. We still have a First Amendment last time I looked. And you know what?? Every day is a hard day when you work for someone other than yourself! And please tell me exactly who annointed you Goddess of the Board?

By the end of March I will have 30 segments flown on US, I have a vested interest same as you in the outcome of events. I am a consistant booster of this airline. I recently got 2 of my co-workers to switch from CO to US. How many NEW customers have YOU brought in??

This is a quote by Mr. PineyBob from the first page of the thread concerning the Mar 01 codaphone. It can be located on the first page of the thread.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 3:56:55 PM Hula Girl wrote:

Actually I do not see any specification that these segments were since BK or Jan. I noticed that his story changed maybe to give some warped credence to his writings. Let it go. I backed up my post.
----------------
[/blockquote]

And I shall back up mine - posted by PineyBob in this thread:

Since the BK I have flown nearly 80 segments.

From what I have read in this thread, Bob has asked valid questions, and made several suggestions. I have seen pretty much ad hominem attacks on him from you.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 3:25:29 PM Hula Girl wrote:

----------------
On 3/1/2003 2:11:56 PM Hula Girl wrote:

Mr. PineyBob, you need to take your disgusting stories with weirdo 'morals' somewhere else. Today is a hard day for the employees of USAirways and frankly, I would like for you to take your 'important' diatribes to another board. Thank you.
----------------

You are not welcome,

I'll post here when I choose. We still have a First Amendment last time I looked. And you know what?? Every day is a hard day when you work for someone other than yourself! And please tell me exactly who annointed you Goddess of the Board?

By the end of March I will have 30 segments flown on US, I have a vested interest same as you in the outcome of events. I am a consistant booster of this airline. I recently got 2 of my co-workers to switch from CO to US. How many NEW customers have YOU brought in??

This is a quote by Mr. PineyBob from the first page of the thread concerning the Mar 01 codaphone. It can be located on the first page of the thread.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Perhaps a different context...he said 80 segments since BK - perhaps 30 of those were since January 1? Just trying to be a bit objective here.

Actually I do not see any specification that these segments were since BK or Jan. I noticed that his story changed maybe to give some warped credence to his writings. Let it go. I backed up my post.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/2/2003 9:36:54 PM Anonymous Wrote:

"Chip, you say nothing about the retired pilots. What happens to them (and to me)? My ex has been retired since 1995. The last thing either he or I figured was that we'd find ourselves in this position."
----------------
[/blockquote]

My God Chip...the alimony is in peril..DO something!

HulaGirl - Bob was only pointing out that many of the pilots were a bit rough on the CSA's not too long ago. The CSA's don't make anywhere near what pilots make, they don't have a retirement plan anywhere near what pilots have (had), yet many pilots were imploring them to sacrifice for the good of the company. Now that their retirement has come under fire, the pilots don't appear to be willing to heed their own advice. That's not "insulting" anyone - to me, it's merely pointing out the irony of the situation that they now find themselves in.

>> you say nothing about the retired pilots. What happens to them (and to me)? My ex has been retired since 1995. The last thing either he or I figured was that we'd find ourselves in this position.

RowUnderDCA:

The information I posted was obtained from bankruptcy court testimony. For additional information you can call the PBGC Customer Service Department or Karen Browne-Fleck in the ALPA office.

Chip