Rant and rave thread!

S

Swadl

Please post your off topic complaints or lynch mob activities here!

I'll even start this out with a complaint. It's pointless but it's my complaint.

First off let me say welcome to all the AT mechanics.

Second I have a big issue with all AT people getting old employee numbers. You should get new issued numbers just like all current, new employees and former employees did. The way I see it is SWA is for some reason trying to hide all the AT employees. Our employee numbers are like our S.S number and I feel mean a great deal to us, at least to me it does. I and other mechanics feel that our employee numbers now mean nothing! We are now just a number.

Ok, well here it goes. First of all thanks for the welcome, most of us, myself included are glad to be a part of SWA. As far as the employee #s are concerned, I could care less, I'd just as soon keep my AT #. We will always be referred to as AT guys despite what Emp # is on our badge. You see I'm an honorable ex nwa guy with 18 yrs, as you know we had quite the melting pot of airlines there. We all knew where everybody came from. I have only been here a short time but have almost 30 yrs in the industry, the majority of AT techs do too. My point is SWA is gaining a lot of great techs who have carved out a money making airline right here in Delta's back yard. So for all the previous "we're not getting anything out of this" posts..... kiss my a**. I feel quite certain SWA will prosper due to the AT buyout, all the people I work with will see to that, we're in for the long haul just like you guys. The last thing is, I was quite involved in getting AMFA on the nwa property beginning in the late 80s and early 90s. I'm not sure I recognize the AMFA I once fought so hard for, I guess time will tell. The jury is still out on this one.

I have to disagree, although I will proudly go over with my AT emp#, I like the method SWA is using to integrate us. Using the old employee number that falls closes to your seniority makes us a more unified group and you really won't be able to tell one mechanic from another on a piece of paper. I mean, I know we're going to be known as the damn AT guys for the remainder of our careers here but for the attempt to mesh us tighter rather than keep us separated is pretty honorable in my opinion. Keep in mind, companies usually try to keep union groups as far away from organized as possible, instead, SWA is doing the exact opposite.

As to what not my 1st rodeo says, he's damn right on all points! There's a bunch of good mechanics here at AirTran, your gaining more than you could imagine.

I think they put an" A" in front of the AirTran employee numbers. Wow sounds like the airtran guys are old. Our senior Swa guys are in there mid 40s and yes there are some in there late 50's early 60's but for the most part a very young work force compaired to the legacy

Don't forget you meaning AirTran guys voted this in by a big margin. So you can't really complain because it sounds like you wanted this deal. I know I have .I just hope it works out for my Bwi and Mco people in the future. That hanger has a big say in Orlando and Bwi I don't know what to say except hope the flights and Ron go up.

In my statement above when I said " I know I have " . I am basically saying I have moved fwd and come to terms with what we as Swa got through the Intergration process. Did I like it no , but it is what it is .So deal with it

When I was talking about employee numbers I was in no way saying the AT employees should be singled out! What I'm saying is that they should all get a new number just like all of us did.

I think they put an" A" in front of the AirTran employee numbers. Wow sounds like the airtran guys are old. Our senior Swa guys are in there mid 40s and yes there are some in there late 50's early 60's but for the most part a very young work force compaired to the legacy
Mine starts with an e

Latest posts

Back