Rant and rave thread!

Yeah, I don't agree with giving them all old employee #s, but in the long run, who cares? They're here, and it is what it is. Welcome to all of ya.

I'll even start this out with a complaint. It's pointless but it's my complaint.

First off let me say welcome to all the AT mechanics.

Second I have a big issue with all AT people getting old employee numbers. You should get new issued numbers just like all current, new employees and former employees did. The way I see it is SWA is for some reason trying to hide all the AT employees. Our employee numbers are like our S.S number and I feel mean a great deal to us, at least to me it does. I and other mechanics feel that our employee numbers now mean nothing! We are now just a number.

I couldnt agree with you more, but in GK infinite wisdom and lack of human nature knowledge he found if more fun to try to fool the masses.. totally neglecting to understand for most of us that the employee number meant something. For a guy who can only think in numbers like GK, this is a major screw up!!

The double edged insult is that he gave away sacred numbers like the 3 digit(under 1000) numbers that would indicate that employee was almost an original employee... what a slap in the face to all... now bare with me,,, As for F/As I think there are less than 20 that have such a low number but an astounding 10 were given to the AT F/As... wow,, now if I were an AT employee and got one of those numbers I would be scared or embarassed... let me explain... I just flew with a # 900 employee number,, everyone who saw that number asked about the old days, shook her hand, kudos etc,,, pilots, ops, csa, mechanics,,... almost like a local rock star.,.. Now how does an AT 35 year old FA explain that she started when she was -5 years old... these girls are marked,,, I would be afraid that I was on the to be fired list,, or scared for the years of explaining and being tagged,,,This is not fair to the SWA employee or the AT employee but the company is FOOLING us because we are all stupid!!!

This is one of many of GK major slip ups and can and will never be understood by anyone other than corporate..there are more than 30(guesstimate) AT girls with employee numbers under 4,000... they will have long carreers and lots of uncomfortable moments explaining,,not their fault,,(its GK's) its unfair to them as much or more than it is to the original people who have such numbers... just another GK Major OVERSIGHT

2001hds,

I have to admit that I'm a little irked by this, because, I am retired and was very proud of my number, still am. When I sign into swalife, active employee's put an "e", retiree's put an "r". I don't plan of dying off here anytime soon and let's say that the new person with my old number retirees while we are both still alive, what happens then? Silly thought I know, but, that number has been with for many, many years.

Okay, I guess I owe an apology here. It's on my mind and bothering me now. The AT committee did work hard to get us where we are today eventhough me and many others feel as if it may have been misguided and quite frankly, a waste of time. But, I due owe them the respect that they did have to courage to try and organize and try to get our deal done sooner. It was a galant effort made by all members included... I, as well as a few others, tried to support them by whatever means we could but to no regard, we feel of deaf ears. Thats what lead to the airline forum account AvTech04. An avenue to show our support and try to get communications across the board. Again, it was No disrespect to any committee members on a personal level, simply discouraged at the attempts and results made and all of it without the support or help of the membership.

First off, a huge welcome goes out to the AT people joining in. I've been through the TWA-AA integration before coming to SWA and this, by far, is going a ton better. Integration is never perfect for anyone. It sounds like there are compromises on both sides. They're here now so just move forward and let's make this one stronger company to kick our competitors' @sses!

Two things for clarification, folks. GK doesn't likely get into the details of the merge such as employee numbers as there were so many big and small decisions for integration. It was likely the team that was working on People integration that made that decision. And I assure you, they didn't do it without a lot of consideration, weighing the pros and cons, for both the SWA and AT folks.

For the person that was worried about duplicate e-numbers upon retirement, that shouldn't be a worry. These numbers were never used by someone. When there are classes of people (such as FAs or Pilots), a block of numbers is reserved. Not all these were used or given out as people drop from classes before they start or there may not have been a full class.

This is one of many of GK major slip ups and can and will never be understood by anyone other than corporate..there are more than 30(guesstimate) AT girls with employee numbers under 4,000... they will have long carreers and lots of uncomfortable moments explaining,,not their fault,,(its GK's) its unfair to them as much or more than it is to the original people who have such numbers... just another GK Major OVERSIGHT
you do realize that the entire intent was to remove the association between employee number and seniority? At first, someone may ask a sub-1000 FA about the good ole days but eventually they'll realize there is no connection - either w/ seniority or the company of origin.

BTW, several years ago, DL randomly assigned new DL employee numbers to PMNW employees in a random fashion throughout the DL employee number range to eliminate the possibility of being able to identify a range of employee numbers as PMNW.

While you might not like the idea, if there is ANY chance of FL and WN employees successfully working side by side, the idea of permanently marking everyone as from "one side or the other" will have to come to the end.

GK is not ready to throw away his investment in FL.

We have apprentices with e18000 numbers but that does not mean they have all the senority as a mechanic but it does for vacation. That's in our department. I would rather worry about the numbers on my 401k then to worry about my employee number. Just silly from my point of you

AvTech04,
I have set back and read too much of your non sense to stay quit. With you, I don’t know where to start. You have not one clue as to what just happened in the past two years and if you are more than one then you are all clueless. You bash Atl. Mech’s, because they are the ones who elected the stewards who was on the committee and you bash the other mech’s from the other AT stations for electing their stewards who was on the committee, including MCO. Thripledick didn’t choose anyone, hell, he wanted 3 members on the committee and he didn’t really give a #### about MCO. The ones who fought to get the full committee and the ones who at one time put their jobs on the line for your sorry ass was the Atl. Stewarts and committee members. They wanted everyone represented that includes inspectors, mech’s GSE, leads and tech support. That also included every station. Guess what, it didn’t make us friends with Trib. and it sure didn’t make us popular with the union. The union wanted to sit on it as long as they could to continue taking your money for union dues and buy them time to bring ASA into the fold. Why don’t you ask anyone in stores and ask them how far along they have gotten on their negotiations, their IBT and IBT. Think about where we would be right now if it was not for two Atlanta stewards who went against the union and talked the company into allowing them to bring together stewards and mech’s from every station to get answers and ideas from everyone. I assume you didn’t answer that call? The problem with guys like you or your little ‘CLICK” GROUP is you never show up for the fight but when it is over and you come out of your little hole, you talk about the fight as if you were really there, a part of it, but in reality you your gutless and didn’t have a clue as to what took place. I really don’t care who you are, your useless to me and every true member out there, you’re the guy sitting in the meetings I have been to in MCO, who want have one question to ask or one opinion to give in the meeting but have all the answers, wrong ones, after the meeting talking your stupid ####. What I can’t stand, is you get on this forum and spout out crap you have no idea what you are talking about and also talking about fellow members that showed up for the fight and your sitting back in the shadows sucking your thumb. I just hope no one from SWA AMFA believes your stupidity and lack of insight.

Latest posts

Back