UAL/CO Merger LABOR Discussion

I had been told that you have to re-enter the system from where you were furloughed. If that is the case then the INDY people won't be able to get back into the system.

************************************************************************************************************************************

Many of the IND mechanics "supposedly" refused to bid their seniority and bump the junior man in the system unless it was WHERE they wanted to go... It's been reported or Rumored that they thought the company would re-open Indy One Has to exercise your seniority to keep it My Own daughter was laid off from SFOOV and had the last seniority of Sept 2000. I doubt she'll EVER see recall. and her adjusted seniority wold keep her on he bottom of the list as well. All of this talk about coming back and bumping CAL mechanics is pretty far out I think. If Cal opens a station to accept mechanics then It might be a VERY long time for any CAL mechanic to see Denver , Seattle or Honolulu just as it might be for a UAL mechanic to see MCO Newark or Boston.

A few of the mechanics being recalled into SFOOV for the B777 IPTE mods are former IND mechs. Any mechanic from any station who is still on furlough can still submit a system bid.

At this point the vast majority of openings are in SFO.

A few of the mechanics being recalled into SFOOV for the B777 IPTE mods are former IND mechs. Any mechanic from any station who is still on furlough can still submit a system bid.

At this point the vast majority of openings are in SFO.
2 questions for you. Does an 85 laid off IND guy with a system bid for SFO get called before a 99 guy laid off from SFO? Or does the 99 guy go back to SFO first? And, what year is the recall up to?

2 questions for you. Does an 85 laid off IND guy with a system bid for SFO get called before a 99 guy laid off from SFO? Or does the 99 guy go back to SFO first? And, what year is the recall up to?

First question: The SFO Point recall list must be exhausted prior to accepting system bids, regardless of system bid seniority. ie; those laid off from SFO must come back first.

Second Question: I spoke with the DST here in SFO thats doing the indoc classes for returning recalls, A&Ps are at 4/97 and the R&Es are early 2000. He said minus last minute changes the next group would include R&E system bidders from IND as the R&E recall list in SFO is 1 or 2 from exhaustion.

I have a question do Continental mechanics lose their seniority after a predetermined time on furlough? If so how long ?

I have a question do Continental mechanics lose their seniority after a predetermined time on furlough? If so how long ?
Yes, 6 years. If you have less than 6 years you go back wards until your time runs out, then you are not an employee any longer. If you have more than 6 years, you go back wards until the 6 year point, then you are not an employee any longer.

Yes, 6 years. If you have less than 6 years you go back wards until your time runs out, then you are not an employee any longer. If you have more than 6 years, you go back wards until the 6 year point, then you are not an employee any longer.

The Indy thing will get interesting. From what I understand they were given unlimited time to bid back in anywhere
there was an opening (after local bids) and life time if indy reopened. I think the IBT will let them fade away.

It's to bad the IBT is intent on taking away the seniority rights of the UAL mechanics on furlough. It makes more sense to me to keep "life time recall" and add a backward component to it the longer you are out the lower your seniority gos until it reaches zero. So if a mechanic who has six years in is on furlough for three years he will come back with an adjusted seniority of three years.

It's to bad the IBT is intent on taking away the seniority rights of the UAL mechanics on furlough. It makes more sense to me to keep "life time recall" and add a backward component to it the longer you are out the lower your seniority gos until it reaches zero. So if a mechanic who has six years in is on furlough for three years he will come back with an adjusted seniority of three years.

The seniority recall question has come up before. In SAMC we've hired guys off the STREET for positions!!
I KNOW a LOT of former IND guys could have filled them but for some reason Didn't KNOW, OR DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO know. Might have been that they had to interview, might have been they don't want to have to work Downtown Chicago. The IBT SHOULD have been calling guys who are on furghough in my opinion in 2008 for the openings to ask them if they wanted at LEAST a chance for the jobs. I admit our schedule might not be for everybody (6X3 8Hr. Rotating shifts every 9 days. (And we're NOT going to CAL's 4x12hr shift either!!) and the Job might not be for everybody because of the inherent Stress of the position. But for the guy who can "stand the heat"?? It's a pretty good GIG!! We don't have a contract but we are considered Quasi-Union depending on what Clacy Griswold accomplishes in the negotiations. (IR isn't at ALL thrilled to have the SAMC controllers as Union members but they should hve thought about THAT before "selling us out" to the IAM and allowing us to be ACCREDED into the UNION!! We've Now been on the HOOK for a contract nigh on 8 years with no real end in sight. The IBT being the THIRD Union reported to represent us. So nearly ANYTHING might happen.

I was laid off from United on 10/05/08 I worked as a mechanic in San Francisco does anyone know if they are still farming out work ? And how is this seniority integration process going to effect my chances of being recalled ?
They are still farming out work. The recall senority date is mid 1996. Good luck and make sure HR or the Teamsters have your home address.

adiruwho,

"In all fairness I will say AMFA was a neat idea, craft union and all. Unfortunately they lacked clout in D.C., at least when Hoffa calls members of Congress, they answer the telephone. What happened during the IAM/AMFA years is unfortunate, remember we took our licks too."

You write AMFA "was" a neat idea. I believe they ARE a good idea. As for their lack of clout in D.C. AMFA has Washington lobbyists. So Congress picks up the phone when Hoffa calls? How's that working out?

With the inevitable merger of CO/UAL the AMT's and related's best defense is going with AMFA.

adiruwho,

"In all fairness I will say AMFA was a neat idea, craft union and all. Unfortunately they lacked clout in D.C., at least when Hoffa calls members of Congress, they answer the telephone. What happened during the IAM/AMFA years is unfortunate, remember we took our licks too."

You write AMFA "was" a neat idea. I believe they ARE a good idea. As for their lack of clout in D.C. AMFA has Washington lobbyists. So Congress picks up the phone when Hoffa calls? How's that working out?

With the inevitable merger of CO/UAL the AMT's and related's best defense is going with AMFA.

We Mechanics and Related at CAL and UAL decided enough is enough. We have formed a coalition to oust the ibt from both airlines.
Visit CAL-UALMechanics.com to get informed.

No sense in arguing about it or trying to figure out who get what seniority. The whole deal may fall apart. Just heard that the pilots and management can't even agree on a transition agreement. Could this be USair all over again??

We Mechanics and Related at CAL and UAL decided enough is enough. We have formed a coalition to oust the ibt from both airlines.
Visit CAL-UALMechanics.com to get informed.

Attached is Issue one of the "Collective Voice". A newsletter created to fight the ibt.

Attachments

• tcv1.pdf
    248.3 KB · Views: 457

Latest posts

Back