Rant and rave thread!

I find it funny that AT people are trying to tell SWA people what the culture may or not be,, calling SWA people names and making judgements,,, pretty balsy and AV you have no idea about me, my work attitude or me as a person or employee,, but you sure have a lot of names to call me and tell SWA people how this should all be handled,,, WOW

I have to many examples and info to bore everyone with,, but SWA in the 90's was a wonderful company that cared about its employees, HERB.. When we posted a profit in the early 90's, even though meager by todays standards.. the company had parties and made the employees feel proud to be a part of it... After posting one of the best or best quarter in SWA history, there are on back slaps, the congradulations are Quashed by the numbers we should of had, how we can pinch more pennies...

The leadership seems to Harp on employees and very little that a boy, or girl.... the ideology has shifted and because of this, it has not trickled down but has Flooded down.... talking to people around the system I personally hear far more angered stories than I have ever.... The Culture is on its last leg, and like it or not Most people I talk to feel abandoned by the AT deal and with the CSA deal the anger has boiled over...

I have seen the Morris deal, the United threat to try to put us out of business, I have seen a lot over the years..... so do everyone at SWA a favor,, dont tell us how we should or shouldnt think or lecture anyone about Culture... YOu may have gotten a better life with far more pay but that doesnt qualify you to lecture SWA employees on the past...and name calling is a great way to show respect to anyone... nice approach

Funny also is that the only ones to the CSA;s need to Get Over IT are AT people,, if you are to Obtuse to realize that thousands of SWA people just got their Seniority ripped from Them,, however it happened isnt their focus, they are shocked and angered and no amount of Time will heal that Wound,,,, just Reality... I know Morris people that still feel jilted 18+ years later.. I am sure the CSA's will be so excited to see the HUGe raises AT got and then train them and watch them take away their shifts....

GET real, take your money... allow the SWA people to get their minds around it all and keep your advice to a minimum... just a suggestion but people like AVtech cant seem to find the Shut Up button and are so incredibly Wise they think everyone wants to hear advice from AT on How we should handle it..and rah rah lets move on Together and blah blah blah,, I understand cause if I just Upgrade my life pulling in 10's of thousands of $$ more a year... I would want smooth sailing too,,,,

^^^^^The definition of the one who flew over the Coo-Coo's nest.. Geez dude, get a grip, loosen your belt, have a drink or something. My "insults' referring to you are all warranted by the psychotic rants that you go on! No, I don't know you in person,,,,, same,,, as,, you don't know me in person (thank god for that) but you represent your workgroup when you post on here and your postings have a negative effects and are never for the better or benefit of others. All you do is stir up the pot that's already on the edge of boiling. I don't pretend to know what it is to have worked for SWA for 10+ years so I have to base my information from others that haven been there 10+ years and those that I have spoken to, more than 1, all say pretty much the same thing,,, that,,, it's,,,, people like you,,,, Buscador,,, that ruin the culture at SWA. You're using the AT deal as a catalyst to spread your hatred word and I'm simply calling you out on it,,,, I don't care if I were SWA, AT, Delta, AA, I would still call you a psycho by the way you post on here. Again, I don't know you in person, but seeing how you behave in an anonymous environment just tells me that either A) you're a neurotic sociopath or B) just plain crazy!

I will say, it has been entertaining seeing how much time and effort you spend on all your rebuttals and attacks. It makes me laugh to read some of the things you write. But there are somethings you post that are very disturbing and I just have to call you out on it since no one else will. BTW, I wonder what your comma key looks like on your PC (specifically the laptop running windows XP) that you use to post on here. I mean,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that,,,,,poor,,,,button must,,,,, be worn out!! lol

Wow, my commas and puctuation is a problem. This coming from a guy who has repeatedly put his foot in his mouth, who thinks it ok to TELL people at SWA what to do and how they should think.

Are you in 4th grade, this isnt the school yard where you used to bully kids. This is real people and lives that are being affected and for those of you at AT who got your Windfall a little humility is far to much to ask.

So you and your little group of 360 mechs make up hmmm lets see, 10000 Original FA's o yea I know that your 4th grade attitude cant figure this one out but almost 30 times more FA's than your little insulated group..............I will probably talk to more people from more Depts in 1 month than you do all year.......those employees Original employees feel a little more free to voice Opinions to Original employees than AT,,.,,, just guessing cause,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again you are the Smartest one on the site ,,,,,,,,,,but I am safe to say that much..................so you talk to your 3 people who have 10 years of service in your Little good ol boys club and feel FREE to speak on Behalf of the 35000 SWA employees and the 7000 AT people,,,,,,,,,,,,,that sums it up ,,,,,,YOU are simply the smartest.......... please enlighten us more on what YOU think................Could YOu please insult or I mean inform us more................

Tell us all what to do so we can insure you and ALL from AT many more years at a much better company

Wow, my commas and puctuation is a problem. This coming from a guy who has repeatedly put his foot in his mouth, who thinks it ok to TELL people at SWA what to do and how they should think.

Are you in 4th grade, this isnt the school yard where you used to bully kids. This is real people and lives that are being affected and for those of you at AT who got your Windfall a little humility is far to much to ask.

So you and your little group of 360 mechs make up hmmm lets see, 10000 Original FA's o yea I know that your 4th grade attitude cant figure this one out but almost 30 times more FA's than your little insulated group..............I will probably talk to more people from more Depts in 1 month than you do all year.......those employees Original employees feel a little more free to voice Opinions to Original employees than AT,,.,,, just guessing cause,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again you are the Smartest one on the site ,,,,,,,,,,but I am safe to say that much..................so you talk to your 3 people who have 10 years of service in your Little good ol boys club and feel FREE to speak on Behalf of the 35000 SWA employees and the 7000 AT people,,,,,,,,,,,,,that sums it up ,,,,,,YOU are simply the smartest.......... please enlighten us more on what YOU think................Could YOu please insult or I mean inform us more................

Tell us all what to do so we can insure you and ALL from AT many more years at a much better company

Coo-coo!! lol, I never once mentioned anything about anyone else at SWA or AT, you're trying your damnedest to piss as many people as you can off at me because you can't fight your own battles!! This is just hilarious! I've actually kinda missed this a little, especially since it has it's own thread on this forum. Keep reaching Buscador, any insult I've ever made on here have been direct towards you specifically and not anyone else at SWA or former/current AT.

I hope you have a good, restful night sleep our crazy comrade B)

Edit: oh and BTW, respect and humility is earned not automagically granted. I'm very respectful and humble to my fellow SWA coworkers when they deserve my respect and humility. Wait, I think SWA has a term for that, oh yea, the golden rule... I treat people exactly how I would expect to be treated if I were them (my version of the golden rule). Now, please keep your rants and complaints on this thread from now on and stop your desperate search for support against me.

And be fact that you probably speak to more people from different depts makes all this even more terrifying!! You, spreading you AirTran hate all over SWA. I've said it from the beginning, it's people like YOU that will destroy a post integrated SWA. Sure, I have some financial benefit in all this, I don't think it was worth the amount of spots I moved down on the combined seniority list, but I'll take it like a man and move forward and try to make the best out of it all. You, on the other hand, are the absolutely most disgusted person I have interacted with at SWA and, like I said earlier, the fact that you interact with so many other SWA employees scares me even more!! I can hear you now, spreading hate rumors, lies and exaggerated stories of AT people coming onboard. I can even hear you telling people about this #### on airline forums that "thinks he's knows better than every other SWA or AT employee." I just hope no one takes you serious because if they do, then god help us all....

Deleted ,, I just realized its like trying to teach a 4th grader to drive, they may know the theory and be excited about it, but just arent wise enough to understand the ramifications of their actions and cant see above the dash to see the Big Pic

Thanks for the light humor and sharing your Fallacies, you go get them Tiger. You are the best

Deleted ,, I just realized its like trying to teach a 4th grader to drive, they may know the theory and be excited about it, but just arent wise enough to understand the ramifications of their actions and cant see above the dash to see the Big Pic

Thanks for the light humor and sharing your Fallacies, you go get them Tiger. You are the best

I read your original post before you decided to back out and delete it. I'm glad you've taken the first step and realized the error of ways. Maybe now you'll see that asking a 18 year, 15 year, hell even just a 5 year employee to change their ways overnight is unrealistic and lacking of empathy on your part. I'm sure that if an AT transferred employee comes over to SWA and ever says, this is the way we did it at AT, it might be a good idea to have an open mind about it! Maybe they are just trying to help make all our jobs easier, maybe that's their way of breaking their habits of how they used to do things. I wouldn't expect a person like you to be that open minded when all you apparently have is anger deep down inside and all you apparently care about is how much money a person makes and how unfair it is that they are making it, but perhaps if I beat this dead horse way about you enough, you'll open up your eyes and see that there is something greater than you out there. Not to say that you, as evey other SWA and still AT employee isn't important, but when you make yourself and your hatred more important than the ultimate goal then your sabotaging it from the get go. I know I'm probably wasting my time here trying to get to you sincerely but it's in my nature to try and put out unnecessary fires that won't benefit anyone.

i agree, with all the crzy stuff in the airline biz today ,,,,,,,,,,SWA is the only airline to work for,,,,,,,,,I am proud to work here and will do my best with my passengers making them want to come back again and again,,,,,, being a part of the largest work group and traveling as much as i do,,,,,,,,,,,,, i can only hope OTHERS will do their JOB the way SWA expects and pays them,,,,,,,,,,, and not the ways i have seen so far or the way they did it some where else,,,,,,,

Commas added for the SLOW readers,,,,,, Easier to understand that way

Good luck to us all at the NEW SWA, lots of contracts coming up in next 12-18 months

We are basically a legacy carrier! This is not the same Airline I started with, many things have changed over the years and most of the changes started when GK took over. I feel from what I see that we are just a number anymore and that GK doesn't really care about the employees only cares for the stock holders. I may be wrong but this is what I feel. And I know many others think the same but not everyone. This is still the best company to work for but times have changed and I'm not sure they are for the best.

Just come into work, do your job, then go home after work and forget about SWA. Forget so called 'culture' and 'spirit'. This a job not an adventure.

Rant time. The company is nickle and diming us on overtime, while brian hirshman flys first class on AA and has a car pick him up from his house. What the hell is that. Need to go work in his office and get catered lunches every day, and when im done, set it out for the peasants to come get the scraps!! He is also outsourcing our warranty department!! Sounds familiar.

Herb is a hard act to follow and we were fortunate to have had him
as long as we did, as the Leader of our Company. He genuinely cared
about his Employees and his Airline. We knew that when Gary took over
there would be changes and the reality is Southwest is changing. These
are different times and a different CEO. With that said, I too still feel that
this is the best company in the Industry to work for and I'm looking forward
to all of our new growth. Best of luck to all of our work groups in their
contract negotiations.

Sharon

Latest posts

Back