Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 8:28 AM
Subject: Release Letter

Brothers and sisters.

I'm requesting that everyone send the attached letter to President Little.
You can cut and paste to E-mail or as an edited attachment is fine, you
just need to add your name, dept, and station. There has been some concern
that the members may not be raedy to engage in self help in order to move
the process forward to a fair contract. Please feel free to forward this to
any member under the MR and Stores agreements and ask them to include which
department and Station they are from under their name.

Here are the E-Mail addresses to send it to;

James Little javascript: [email protected]

CC [email protected]

=========================================

June 2011
Dear President Little;
In November of 2007 we presented the company with Section 6 openers per the RLA, we did not exercise our right to do so a year earlier. We entered into this process in good faith yet despite our sacrifices the company has steadfastly refused to come back to the Union with a reasonable proposal that we can accept. After two years of fruitless negotiations we asked for Federal Mediation, a year later we asked to be released from Mediation, we were told to continue negotiations by the NMB. In the Summer of 2010 we rejected the company's take it or leave it offer. It has now nearly been one year since that offer was rejected and still no meaningful progress has been made on the economic proposals, in fact the company's latest proposals are regressive. The additional Holidays were more than paid for by the change from May 5 2010 to DOS. The company's continued refusal to recognize that we are negotiating an agreement with an effective date beginning May 1, 2008 is insulting and unacceptable. In light of this I'm requesting that the TWU petition the NMB to release us from Mediation and start the clock to self help with the full awareness of the potential risks and benefits this step presents.
Fraternally ;

Member in good Standing Cc; Bob Owens

Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 8:28 AM
Subject: Release Letter

Brothers and sisters.

I'm requesting that everyone send the attached letter to President Little.
You can cut and paste to E-mail or as an edited attachment is fine, you
just need to add your name, dept, and station. There has been some concern
that the members may not be raedy to engage in self help in order to move
the process forward to a fair contract. Please feel free to forward this to
any member under the MR and Stores agreements and ask them to include which
department and Station they are from under their name.

Here are the E-Mail addresses to send it to;

James Little javascript: [email protected]

CC [email protected]

=========================================

June 2011
Dear President Little;
In November of 2007 we presented the company with Section 6 openers per the RLA, we did not exercise our right to do so a year earlier. We entered into this process in good faith yet despite our sacrifices the company has steadfastly refused to come back to the Union with a reasonable proposal that we can accept. After two years of fruitless negotiations we asked for Federal Mediation, a year later we asked to be released from Mediation, we were told to continue negotiations by the NMB. In the Summer of 2010 we rejected the company's take it or leave it offer. It has now nearly been one year since that offer was rejected and still no meaningful progress has been made on the economic proposals, in fact the company's latest proposals are regressive. The additional Holidays were more than paid for by the change from May 5 2010 to DOS. The company's continued refusal to recognize that we are negotiating an agreement with an effective date beginning May 1, 2008 is insulting and unacceptable. In light of this I'm requesting that the TWU petition the NMB to release us from Mediation and start the clock to self help with the full awareness of the potential risks and benefits this step presents.
Fraternally ;

Member in good Standing Cc; Bob Owens
Done.....

I am wondering why, since the company has been allowed by the mediator to drag their feet and continue with inferior offers than what was turned down by 2/3 of the union, the TWU isn't going to a judge to demand either release or a mediation board that will either force the company to be realistic or release us. AA has no problem going to the courts to hamstring the unions. Remember their suit against the pilots sick call in? I would ask Little Jimmy why we are not asking for help either from the courts or from the people in Washington that have taken our cope money over the years. Enough is enough. Maybe if we all stop our COPE contributions the whores in Washington will take notice. Just a thought.

I am wondering why, since the company has been allowed by the mediator to drag their feet and continue with inferior offers than what was turned down by 2/3 of the union, the TWU isn't going to a judge to demand either release or a mediation board that will either force the company to be realistic or release us. AA has no problem going to the courts to hamstring the unions. Remember their suit against the pilots sick call in? I would ask Little Jimmy why we are not asking for help either from the courts or from the people in Washington that have taken our cope money over the years. Enough is enough. Maybe if we all stop our COPE contributions the whores in Washington will take notice. Just a thought.

OldGuy,

The twu doesn't want to go to a judge because that would mean one, well maybe two, things. One: That would anger AA and the twu would NEVER do that and TWO: see #1.

Thanks to Bob Owens and other Presidents like John Ruiz we have people that aren't looking for international UNELECTED positions but rather want what is best for our craft & profession. That is why Bob offered all of us this letter because I guess the international doesn't think the members have had their fill of concessionary contracts.

Thanks Bob!

I am curious when having the House and the Presidency will begin to show a return for labor?

You mean White House and Senate majority. GOP has the House.
And I think we learned a long time ago, doesn't matter, neither party represents the American people.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe if we all stop our COPE contributions the whores in Washington will take notice. Just a thought.
OldGuy,
wanna get the TWU's attention......don't waste your time writing this letter.......go to a systemwide hand dues and then go a month or two withholding the dues. You will get their attention, guaranteed!!! Money talks, brother!!!

What's Little Jimmie gonna do........have AA fire 26,000 members? Let him try!

OldGuy,
wanna get the TWU's attention......don't waste your time writing this letter.......go to a systemwide hand dues and then go a month or two withholding the dues. You will get their attention, guaranteed!!! Money talks, brother!!!

What's Little Jimmie gonna do........have AA fire 26,000 members? Let him try!

Been there and done that, sending the letter is even easier. Takes less effort than this reply.

You mean White House and Senate majority. GOP has the House.
And I think we learned a long time ago, doesn't matter, neither party represents the American people.
Yes that is what I meant. The TWU has stated many times in the past that our dues would benefit by going to labor friendly politicians. It would seem that the NMB and maybe the NLRB are all for big business and not the worker. Getting released, what does it really mean? If we don't have the backing for self help, then that is exactly what we will have, self help. Many AMT's in Tulsa and my guess DFW//AFW etc. are very conservative and will vote that way. The TWU will continue to take our dues for their political machine. Then they will tell us to vote for labor friendly politicians who have not produce any benefit for the workers.

Been there and done that, sending the letter is even easier. Takes less effort than this reply.
how many guys went on hand dues, Bob?

a couple of years ago I went on hand dues, along with TWO others. NOT VERY EFFECTIVE!!!!

Systemwide means 26,000, Bob!

Little Jimmie won't be able to afford gas for his caddy!

Seriously? Release? To do what? We have members that call HR when someone tells them not to work OT for one day. In my station phone calls to management to stir the pot, deals being cut for CS's with themselves, and cutting deals with management for OT to name a few run rampant. You would think in a small station we could keep an eye on each other and control our own. If we can't be organized in our own station, and I hear this is a problem everywhere, how can we expect our members to have the balls to and resolve to walk out or have a job action? Release to be replaced or have a crappy contract shoved down our throats?

Ken, we don't need any more pie in the sky ideas. We need realistic solutions. AMFA, AMP, craft unionism hyperbole, defending the profession, skills competitions, or statues. We need a long term plan that doesn't rely on all or nothing ideology. The constant name calling, bogus facts, saber-rattling, and puffing your chest out for the past 15 plus years here and on the-mechanic website have gotten us where? The union needs a lot of things to put us in a position to even think of striking or doing a job action. The FAA has created regs that allow our work to be outsourced to the lowest bidder and is willing to gamble with the best aviation safety system in the world. The RLA has been undermined by the pro-business at all cost politicians and the public thinks unions are the problem because that is what they are told by the media.

A new union or emotional actions will not help AMTs. Just ask all those out of work AMFA members. I may have trouble finding them because they are all working those great high paying jobs they were told are out there.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously? Release? To do what? We have members that call HR when someone tells them not to work OT for one day. In my station phone calls to management to stir the pot, deals being cut for CS's with themselves, and cutting deals with management for OT to name a few run rampant. You would think in a small station we could keep an eye on each other and control our own. If we can't be organized in our own station, and I hear this is a problem everywhere, how can we expect our members to have the balls to and resolve to walk out or have a job action? Release to be replaced or have a crappy contract shoved down our throats?

Ken, we don't need any more pie in the sky ideas. We need realistic solutions. AMFA, AMP, craft unionism hyperbole, defending the profession, skills competitions, or statues. We need a long term plan that doesn't rely on all or nothing ideology. The constant name calling, bogus facts, saber-rattling, and puffing your chest out for the past 15 plus years here and on the-mechanic website have gotten us where? The union needs a lot of things to put us in a position to even think of striking or doing a job action. The FAA has created regs that allow our work to be outsourced to the lowest bidder and is willing to gamble with the best aviation safety system in the world. The RLA has been undermined by the pro-business at all cost politicians and the public thinks unions are the problem because that is what they are told by the media.

A new union or emotional actions will not help AMTs. Just ask all those out of work AMFA members. I may have trouble finding them because they are all working those great high paying jobs they were told are out there.

Okay, let's see.

People willing to complain and point fingers at others who try and make a difference: Overspeed (Nice alias by the way. Easy to complain while in the shadows.)

People willing to fight for our craft regardless of the challenges we face and realize that this fight is long term: I am one person willing to do this. (Read my signature.)

how many guys went on hand dues, Bob?

a couple of years ago I went on hand dues, along with TWO others. NOT VERY EFFECTIVE!!!!

Systemwide means 26,000, Bob!

Little Jimmie won't be able to afford gas for his caddy!

At Local 562 around 250.

And no it didnt affect the International a bit, made a lot of work for me as Treasurer though.

The Local collected the dues and sent the International their third.

There are only 11000 in our contract group.