Release Us!

there is no where else for us to go but be released to be taken seriously. All other means have been exhausted or non-existent. We must demand to be released or if we are not released then it will fall into the hands of the membership and their sentiment will be a topic of discussion.

no contract- no peace

Don't think Obama or the DNC wants a strike now with elections coming up. More people out of work? Don't expect much sympathy from the public with all the anti-union sentiment and blaming unions for being greedy. Even if it did get that far, what's the likelihood we will end up in a PEB? If we get there won't we be held to a middle of the pack wage for AMTs? That's less than what the TA was offering. What about the possibility that if we are released with the current AA offer on the table that we will get worse than what the July 2010 TA was? AA is free to put in place the last offer aren't they? Did we play in to Weel's hands by rejecting the TA so he could present a worse offer that AA can implement? Didn't you guys on the negotiating team plan the next moves or was the big end game to take us out on strike, AA caves, and we are all rich?!?!

Time to take the table team OTS and bring up the spare. This bird is cooked!

Wow... take a few days off, and look what I missed.... ;)

If they didn't risk releasing you in a mid-term year, I'd say you're on ice until after the election next November.. Believing anything else is defying history... There hasn't been a strike in a year leading up to Presidential elections since Reagan was in office.

http://www.nmb.gov/publicinfo/airline-strikes.html

If "past practice" holds up, you'll either be waiting until January 2013 to be released, or you have to consider a less than optimal deal now.

If "past practice" holds up, you'll either be waiting until January 2013 to be released, or you have to consider a less than optimal deal now.
you mean, a less than optimal deal than the last rejected T/A. Do you have any idea of how bad AA's regressive T/A will look like if we wait til 2013?

Bob Owens has posted that retro pay will take care of the delay, so what's the hurry?

Why not replace the worthless union first, and then task the replacement union with negotiating a new contract? Why insist that the present loser union negotiate what will undoubtedly be a loser deal? Just sign the cards, hold the election and replace the TWU already.

Bob Owens has posted that retro pay will take care of the delay, so what's the hurry?

Why not replace the worthless union first, and then task the replacement union with negotiating a new contract? Why insist that the present loser union negotiate what will undoubtedly be a loser deal? Just sign the cards, hold the election and replace the TWU already.

I have to agree.....Where the hell is the AMP drive?
We've given the TWU and the company enough time to get a list of retired and dead members who are eligible to vote!

You are saying that we are getting retro pay back to 2008? I would love for that to happen, otherwise we have been taking an additional $6k concession that wasn't necessary by voting down the TA. I really hope that, the money for the past year will be made up by the new TA if it ever comes.

There is no hurry if the company is going to continue to produce a regressive contract, which is worse than what we have now if you add in all the additional concessions and NOT just look at the miniscule raise that AA proposed. Of course all that matters to some people is a few thousand dollars and to hell with anything else.

Case in point: "You are saying that we are getting retro pay back to 2008? I would love for that to happen, otherwise we have been taking an additional $6k concession that wasn't necessary by voting down the TA. I really hope that, the money for the past year will be made up by the new TA if it ever comes." Give me my money....I want money....and I want it now....screw the added concessions....gimmy....gimmy...gimmy. Like a $10 crack whore.

Cards were filed with the NMB to replace the POS twu in 2005, but your corporAAte friends at Centerpork colluded with the twu to deny the vote with the big lie to the NMB about who and what consists of our craft and class. Of course they hold sway with the NMB don't they?

In order to just to get a representational vote, we are up against a three headed monster, the twu company union, the NMB who is wholly owned by corporAAte, and AA itself, who apparently likes to keep things just as they are.

Filing the cards will not just magically produce an representational election, at least not with the NMB. Maybe you can ask your friends at Centerpork why they care so much who represents the AMT craft and class at AA.

I know the answer, but I don't think you do. Let us know what you find out.

You are saying that we are getting retro pay back to 2008? I would love for that to happen, otherwise we have been taking an additional $6k concession that wasn't necessary by voting down the TA. I really hope that, the money for the past year will be made up by the new TA if it ever comes.

RETRO!?? That's a good one!! The only retro we've ever had at aa is.... Oh wait, we've NEVER had full retro. :blink:

I have to agree.....Where the hell is the AMP drive?
We've given the TWU and the company enough time to get a list of retired and dead members who are eligible to vote!
Odie posted in another thread that the steering committee just got back from meetings in ORD and MIA with positive results.
Time will tell...

Odie posted in another thread that the steering committee just got back from meetings in ORD and MIA with positive results.
Time will tell...

Ok, the time has come for a vote...file already. I'm tired of my union dues paying the salaries of the worthless Little, Gless, Videtich...Little's secretary, etc.etc.

What a bunch of dreamers you guys are, the reality is, the union will never be replaced, we will never get released and for sure ever strike, the contract if it is ever finished will be substandard and there will be no retro. The only reality in this whole freakin nightmare is that one day we will all be able to leave, hopefully with our pension. Then we can let the next group of idiots take over.

What a bunch of dreamers you guys are, the reality is, the union will never be replaced, we will never get released and for sure ever strike, the contract if it is ever finished will be substandard and there will be no retro. The only reality in this whole freakin nightmare is that one day we will all be able to leave, hopefully with our pension. Then we can let the next group of idiots take over.

Could you please let me dream a little more.
Goey

Ok, the time has come for a vote...file already. I'm tired of my union dues paying the salaries of the worthless Little, Gless, Videtich...Little's secretary, etc.etc.

Most here crack me up with their lack of patience in the process. The committee's have only been re-engaged in talks since 12-14-2010 and most here are ready to blow up their skirts. I told you last year this would happen but most here authorized this process with their no vote, and don't blame me because this is your gig I voted Yes on the TA and haven't been complaining even though it has cost me over 8,000.00 in earnings and with the upcoming weekend this would've been the 4th holiday weekend for the year and we wouldn't have waited over 6 months for a holiday. Most here piss and moan about what has happened so far since 12-14-2010 and can't stay focused and supportive of those negotiating for them, lord help us if we ever end up on strike....

Most here crack me up with their lack of patience in the process. The committee's have only been re-engaged in talks since 12-14-2010 and most here are ready to blow up their skirts. I told you last year this would happen but most here authorized this process with their no vote, and don't blame me because this is your gig I voted Yes on the TA and haven't been complaining even though it has cost me over 8,000.00 in earnings and with the upcoming weekend this would've been the 4th holiday weekend for the year and we wouldn't have waited over 6 months for a holiday. Most here piss and moan about what has happened so far since 12-14-2010 and can't stay focused and supportive of those negotiating for them, lord help us if we ever end up on strike....
You didn't address Hopefuls quote which was directed to the exorbitant wages of the international, so while you (we) have lost massive amounts of money and forfeted holidays the untouchables have not only seen exponential increases in pay but enjoyed a lavish lifestyle and time off at your (our) expense.

Back