Remarks about Foiled US bid on DL

Joe - you should be a tabloid writer....

They did not use the phrase "possible successor" in that article at all with reference to Parker as future CEO of Delta. It was an "airline expert", quoted in the article as saying he was "impressed" with Doug Parker. He then followed that by saying "I don't think Doug Parker would be the one they'd bring in".

They did not use the phrase "possible successor" in that article at all with reference to Parker as future CEO of Delta. It was an "airline expert", quoted in the article as saying he was "impressed" with Doug Parker. He then followed that by saying "I don't think Doug Parker would be the one they'd bring in".

He also said it with a laugh. Not a flattering comment.

That's what I get for eatting Breakfast and trying to read at the same time. :(

That's what I get for eatting Breakfast and trying to read at the same time. :(

My guess is the new CEO will be Jim Whitehurst. Gerald has been grooming him ever since he signed on with Delta, and Ed Bastian will be moved up to COO. Not that it matters to the board or not, but i think the vast number of DAL employees would welcome Whitehurst as our new CEO. Since day one, he's been a straight shooter, never afraid to give us the bad, along with the occasional bit of good news.

As for Doogie, i think the lesson learned here, and it would appear Airtran is learning this very same lesson as we speak, is that if you don't get the Board of Directors of the company your planning on taking over on board from the outset, merging both entities will be extremely difficult if not outright impossible.