REPUBLIC AIRWAYS/ASA

ttaylo23

Jan 14, 2008
Looking for a little information on Republic and ASA. Ive heard both are good companies, Republic may be the better of the two. Looking for Atlanta base (which is all ASA) or Cincinatti. I know Republic has Atlanta under the Shuttle certificate and Cincy under the Chautaugua certificate. My total time is 950 with 75 multi. Ive even heard that Republic will want more than that. 4 year degree, Commercial multi and CFII. Some insight would be great. Thanks

Looking for a little information on Republic and ASA. Ive heard both are good companies, Republic may be the better of the two. Looking for Atlanta base (which is all ASA) or Cincinatti. I know Republic has Atlanta under the Shuttle certificate and Cincy under the Chautaugua certificate. My total time is 950 with 75 multi. Ive even heard that Republic will want more than that. 4 year degree, Commercial multi and CFII. Some insight would be great. Thanks
you are far more than qualified to join either. go to airlinepilotcentral.com to learn on what their min requirements are for first officers. i am sure you meet them by a long shot. you do not need a 4 yr degree to work at a regional. heck i am going to aplly with piedmont soon and all i have is 250 total time. all they are asking for is your multi. i am working on that now.

If you fly for Shuttle America as you mentioned they have a base in ATL, the equipment are E-170/175.

As for ASA, it's CRJ-200's.

I'd go with Shuttle America since they use newer aircrafts and they have more benefits.

Republic was just voted Regional Airline of 2008. In additiion to PIT, PHL, CMH, DEN, DCA, IND, LGA, etc.... word has it they will be opening Charlotte, NC in the late spring. Growing fast and hiring like crazy. You will move up fast in seniority.

Republic was just voted Regional Airline of 2008. In additiion to PIT, PHL, CMH, DEN, DCA, IND, LGA, etc.... word has it they will be opening Charlotte, NC in the late spring. Growing fast and hiring like crazy. You will move up fast in seniority.

Don't let that statement fool you. Mesa won that same award 3 years ago.

heck i am going to aplly with piedmont soon and all i have is 250 total time. all they are asking for is your multi. i am working on that now.

Freaking scary! Piedmont is hiring some 250 folks, but mainly from aviation type colleges. And the wash out rate for the 250 hr. folks is about 40 percent.

Freaking scary! Piedmont is hiring some 250 folks, but mainly from aviation type colleges. And the wash out rate for the 250 hr. folks is about 40 percent.
Partially because they get off on washing people out.