The Transaction Is Complete...

DZplt said:
TBONE and foreright, how can you blame this on RAH pilots? I never remember whipping out my checkbook for one of "your aircraft". We are required to fly the aircraft that are on our certificate, that doesn't even mean we agree with what our management is doing. But it IS our job. Foreright, you spit out all this tough language in the security of your home. But I doubt you would hold a conversation about it in person without resorting to sputtering sentence fragments intermixed with shouting SCAB. Which by the way TBONE is not in the eye of the beholder, but Webster's Dictionary. RAH pilots are UNION, there is NO STRIKE, thus no PICKET LINE to cross. Our pay is similar to MDA, in fact equal to MDA after just a couple years. This is just getting a little old, guys. We all understand that the last few years for you has been rough, and that a lot of work went into starting up MDA. But, it has become a pilot vs. pilot issue on these message boards, which is just ridiculous. What's even more ridiculous is that a few of our guys are being denied jumpseats on your a/c. What does that prove, really? Stop taking all your frustration out on us.
[post="305318"][/post]​

Give me a break!!! They should deny you jumpseat!! I actually just got a call an hour ago that a RH pilot got denied - You guys should be ashamed of yourselves and be aware of what is happening to fellow pilots at MDA! I would not only call you a scab to your face but I would give you a slip that defines the word - there are many definitions and no my friend you don't have to cross a picket line.. You are operating planes in violation of LOA 91 and that my friend is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should know this and RAH pilots do not make the same as USAir or should I say MDA.. get real - we definitely know the flight attendants make signifcantly less, those scabs will not be allowed on my plane as well - I will refuse to fly with one of them in a passenger seat on my plane and i can assure you they will remove them!!! If they don't I will not fly!! Maybe you should wake up and look at what is going on - on the other side of the table! You are right you are not in control of the decisions that corporate makes as well as MDA employees aren't in control of USAir mgmt., however you are responsible for Your opinion and actions. Your workgroup and union should see the problems and address your sh+++y BB about the situation - they are not even offering F/A's jobs at any pay rate- we have the ability to interview - yeah right, and you think you are getting on my plane - no way - look at the big picture - we are dealing with our mgmt with our own reps. they have tried scare tactics etc. to break up our group and i hope they rot!

The jumpseat is not the place to "air" a dispute. I would love to know who did this because it would be dealt with accordingly. Would you care to tell me about this and the person who denied the jumpseat?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

DZplt said:
TBONE and foreright, how can you blame this on RAH pilots? I never remember whipping out my checkbook for one of "your aircraft". We are required to fly the aircraft that are on our certificate, that doesn't even mean we agree with what our management is doing. But it IS our job. Foreright, you spit out all this tough language in the security of your home. But I doubt you would hold a conversation about it in person without resorting to sputtering sentence fragments intermixed with shouting SCAB. Which by the way TBONE is not in the eye of the beholder, but Webster's Dictionary. RAH pilots are UNION, there is NO STRIKE, thus no PICKET LINE to cross.
[post="305318"][/post]​

Keep sticking your head in the sand. Great plan! You know what's going on here and yet you keep claiming "its not me its management" Well, why do you think management is able to break unions? It's because of the apathy of people just like yourself, do you really believe deep in your heart that just because you dont cross a picket line you are free of all responsibility? Are you aware of how hard it is for a group to even get to a picket line with the railway labor act? I can assure you management does, and they are playing you for a fool. On monday an MDA pilot is flying aircraft 822md. Tuesday, despite the violation of LOA 91 and the ongoing arbitration, a new group of pilots is flying aircraft 822md and the first group is furloughed. The darn seat is still warm! One pilot is replacing another pilot on the same aircraft resulting in the job loss of the first. Pilots that do this are SCABS. Ignore this at your own peril, as you know BB will do it to you as easily as taking his morning constitutional. and the next time I can assure you the Airways pilots will not back you.
its ok though, God bless

ALL OR NONE!!!!!

Attempting to address this with a reasoned argument to the Ivory Tower in IND will get nowhere. In that respect the work groups are on common ground.

Now that the respective managements have consummated the sale (which we all can agree was beyond the control of the grunts in the trenches), short of refusing to fly the planes (which would be a firing offense to the individual and which I believe would be an illegal work action to the group), what can the RAH and USAir pilots do to make this right before it turns into all out warfare? Is it too late or can it be made to work?

Mdarules:

"Your" plane? Last I checked that airplane was owned by US Airways Group or Embraer. (Or, actually, by RAH as of yesterday). I guarantee you there are CHQ and RAH employees on your airplanes every day, and you don't know it. We're called non-revs, and since we don't have horns or hooves you just can't tell the difference by looking at us. I don't blame you for your frustration with the situation, but a childish display of having someone "removed" will likely only hasten the end of your all-too-short MDA/USAirways career.

As far as the jumpseat stuff.. (sigh). I have never denied a legitimate jumpseater a ride on my airplane, and neither myself nor the vast majority of my brethren here at CHQ ever will. 'Nuff said.

Are you guys serious? By the number of exclamations in MDA's response, I'll take that as a yes. So you know what I'll do, I'll march right up to BB tomorrow. I can't believe it wasn't clearer to me earlier. Call it hiding our heads in the sand if you want. But, the aircraft weren't given to us as a choice, and we can't just refuse to fly them as Leibowitz pointed out. As for the FAs, that IS garbage. They should be be offered jobs, but what does our management have for a track record of offering positions to the people of MDA? MDA pilots basically spit in their and our faces. So, there's a bad taste in EVERYONE'S mouth right now. We may just be some lowly regional to you, but maybe we like it here, and don't take kindly to the insults and jumpseat denials. You talk of us operationg the a/c in violation of LOA 91. But, regardless of who you think should be FLYING thm, the sale of the a/c is official. So the leased-back a/c are owned by us but are being flown by you guys and THAT is a violation of OUR CBA. It's the scope that we fought dearly for, but are we fighting you guys about it? Nope. Because it's not us vs. you, and it certainly doesn't make the jumpseat a weapon. mdarules, just go to anger management and get it over with....

USA320 - PM me

DZplt said:
Well - the situation is less than desirable and lets face it noone should be flying those planes until the arbitration is heard - Mainly it is USAir mgmt that is violating many things including the unions. However RAH should not add fuel to the fire so to speak - MDA folks have been through alot and its about time they started speaking their minds.

DZ, what you could do is tell your union that they should honor our contract as per transfer of control, or at least wait until the arbitration is over. But you wont, why because you are glad these AC are coming and could care less how they got there. You say we are violating your CBA. If this is correct then why are you not stopping this flagrant violation of your contract? Please do so, I will back you as I am sure all the MDA pilots would, with the exception of the 7 SCABS that have crossed. All I hear out of you is how its not your fault and you cant do anything. Now you tell me of this violation to your contract and yet you still dont do anything. I guess these jets mean more to you than any kind of union honor, even your own. Stop this violation of your contranct now.

ALL or NONE!!

They are IBT the IBT only looks out for itself and never honors other unions, they have always raided when they were part of the AFL-CIO and never got in trouble for it.

FR8 read my post again..."Are we fighting YOU guys about it? Nope." read it one more time: "Are we fighting YOU guys about it? Nope." Got it? We are definitely fighting this teeth and fist, with MDA at our back or not. What we're trying to get across to you guys by saying it's not our fault, is that we didn't do cartwheels in the streets when we found out about the purchase. It's in arbitration now, so stop loudmouthing and bashing RAH guys

Actually I'm not glad these airplanes are coming. I live in my base (which was my hometown when I started working here, and wasn't even a base then) as a line-holding 145 captain. I am not interested in any of the MDA bases, nor do I wish to start commuting for the measley pay increase from my jet to the 170. Should I neeed to transition to the 170 in the future I'd much rather fly it on the Shuttle America certificate as the destinations and travel benefits there are far more beneficial to me personally. I also don't wish what is happening to y'all on anyone.

As for my what to "tell" my union, they already know my position and are supporting it fully. I'd welcome all 300 plus of you here, with fences into the Republic operation and the ability to bid into other certificates based on your RAH DOH. I'm not the least bit interested in giving up my seat in a 145 with DL or UA paint; and while the MDA guys may not want that personally, that's exactly what your ALPA reps demanded of us.

fr8tmastr said:
On monday an MDA pilot is flying aircraft 822md. Tuesday, despite the violation of LOA 91 and the ongoing arbitration, a new group of pilots is flying aircraft 822md and the first group is furloughed. The darn seat is still warm! One pilot is replacing another pilot on the same aircraft resulting in the job loss of the first. Pilots that do this are SCABS. Ignore this at your own peril, as you know BB will do it to you as easily as taking his morning constitutional. and the next time I can assure you the Airways pilots will not back you.
its ok though, God bless

ALL OR NONE!!!!!
[post="305371"][/post]​

Could someone please show how LOA 91 is being violated? I have read the LOA and can't figure out What the MDA's pilots position is based on. I had heard it was something to do with the "Change of control" or "Asset sale" argument, but the only mention in the LOA has to do with a stock purchase. This is in no way meant to be argumentative, just looking for information.

CHQDRVR said:
As for my what to "tell" my union, they already know my position and are supporting it fully. I'd welcome all 300 plus of you here, with fences into the Republic operation and the ability to bid into other certificates based on your RAH DOH. I'm not the least bit interested in giving up my seat in a 145 with DL or UA paint; and while the MDA guys may not want that personally, that's exactly what your ALPA reps demanded of us.
[post="305414"][/post]​

An interesting (and reasonable point) which is overlooked.

It would have been intersting had AAA ALPA limited it's opener to seat protection for the entire MDA group, instead of trying for a windfall with carrying AAA DOH into the entire Republic property.

Capt.PoopyPants said:
Could someone please show how LOA 91 is being violated? I have read the LOA and can't figure out What the MDA's pilots position is based on. I had heard it was something to do with the "Change of control" or "Asset sale" argument, but the only mention in the LOA has to do with a stock purchase. This is in no way meant to be argumentative, just looking for information.
[post="305466"][/post]​
LOA 91 was violated when REP started flying the 3 170's prior to any transaction being completed. There are some other points but that is the main one as I understand it.
The change of control thing comes from LOA 93 and that is the dispute currently awaiting the arbitrators decision. It all centers around if the sale of the 170's is a change of control. Pilots dont lose jobs, pay, ect. or a Sale, slightly less than half pilots offered jobs, pay cut, lose reletive seniority ect.

As far as seniority goes at REP. my opinion is if the MDA pilots could in some way be fenced off from the rest of the company that would be fine with me. I dont want to be on your list. If we could just operate on the 25 AC we come with, it would not be to long until we are all gone and REP would have it all.

fr8tmastr said:
The change of control thing comes from LOA 93 and that is the dispute currently awaiting the arbitrators decision. It all centers around if the sale of the 170's is a change of control. Pilots dont lose jobs, pay, ect. or a Sale, slightly less than half pilots offered jobs, pay cut, lose reletive seniority ect.

[post="305481"][/post]​

I've read the LOA's, and I guess I'm still confused as to how this is a change of control per LOA 93. The only thing I can find is in relation to a sale of a certain percent of common stock.

Latest posts