Republic To Hold Conference Call Today

USA320Pilot said:
It must be tough living your life with so much negativity, like others such as Lark, 700UW, Clue, and Funguy2. What I do not understand is that if US Airways is such a bad place why spend so much time on this board and for those who work at the company, why not do something else.

Negativity? Not really. Reality? Well that's closer.

But Since you asked... I am interested in the business of airlines. The current times are likely to be another defining moment in the history of deregulation. US Airways is currently the most interesting airline story out there... Not to mention the most board most participated in on USAviation.com. Perhaps that explains my participation, not that I need to.

And by the way, I'll note you did not refute the TRUTH of my statements. A company such as US Airways which is trying to reduce costs at all expenses is actually adding costs in order to survive another day... That seems noteworthy to me.

USA320Pilot said:
UVN:

At least some people listened to the call and provided information, versus others who simply try to be antagonistic and insult people. It must be tough living your life with so much negativity, like others such as Lark, 700UW, Clue, and Funguy2. What I do not understand is that if US Airways is such a bad place why spend so much time on this board and for those who work at the company, why not do something else.

If you ask me life is too short to be angry all the time and it is truly pitiful to hang around such negativity.  

[post="255921"][/post]​

First off I am not asking you about life and never would.

Second off how do you know what I did or didn't do? I did listen to the call as everyone else could of but what I didn't do is listen to the call then selectively post what I wanted others to get out of that call for my own agenda. Like you did.

Third off how do you know what I am or am not in my private life? Because I don't agree with you and constantly point out your flaws you have to go on the defensive and try to deflect attention to those flaws because you can't deal with the truth

Fourth off you don't call this post of yours insulting? Sure it is but like we all know you have different standard of rules for yourself. You see in your mind you are exempt from those rules they only apply to others because you think you lead this board with your holier then thou attitude and you are above being questioned. How dare any of us lowlifes question the mighty 320.

So why not get off your cloud and answer the questions being posed to you. Like why is it you are never wrong? Why is it you are allowed to post whatever you want but when someone questions it you go silent or come back and attact them for their credibility or whatever else you choose to attack? Do I attack you from your credibility? You are damn right I do because of obvious reasons.

USA320Pilot said:
If you ask me life is too short to be angry all the time and it is truly pitiful to hang around such negativity.
[post="255921"][/post]​

Sound like you have experience there guy.

UVN:

O.K. I will take you bait and answer your questions, but to be honest, I do not read every post and most of your I ignore. Today I skimmed your last post and caught these two questions.

UVN asked: “Like why is it you are never wrong?â€￾

USA320Pilot answers: I am human and I am wrong all the time. When I am, I admit it. Moreover, the erase on my pencil clearly indicates I make mistakes.

UVN asked: Why is it you are allowed to post whatever you want but when someone questions it you go silent or come back and attact them for their credibility or whatever else you want to?

USA320Pilot answers: With all due respect, I believe your question is invalid and does not have an answer. I am not disrespectful or use personal insults. I never go silent, but many of the posts I do not read.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
USA320Pilot answers: With all due respect, I believe your question is invalid and does not have an answer. I am not disrespectful or use personal insults. I never go silent, but many of the posts I do not read.
Best regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="255943"][/post]​

You are not telling the truth! You have Negative credibility!

USA320Pilot said:
Me on the other hand, I personally could care less about the insults made by people I know are truly uninformed and clueless.
Best regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="255936"][/post]​
You post so much untruths you are forgetting what you post.

USA320Pilot said:
USA320Pilot answers: I am human and I am wrong all the time. When I am, I admit it. Moreover, the erase on my pencil clearly indicates I make mistakes.

Like when? Care to give an example?

USA320Pilot said:
UVN:

O.K. I will take you bait and answer your questions, but to be honest, I do not read every post and most of your I ignore. Today I skimmed your last post and caught these two questions.

UVN asked: “Like why is it you are never wrong?â€￾

UVN asked:  Why is it you are allowed to post whatever you want but when someone questions it you go silent or come back and attact them for their credibility or whatever else you want to?

[post="255943"][/post]​

Let me ask you this why is it you don't read posts on here? ( I should first say I do not believe you when you say that, your ego is too big for that) Why do you post streaming message in a forum if you don't care what people think of them? Is it just a fun thing for you to do in your off time? You expect us to believe you don't have enough time to read peoples opinions of what you write yet you must take hours composing what you write?

You say this:

""At least some people listened to the call and provided information, versus others who simply try to be antagonistic and insult people. It must be tough living your life with so much negativity, like others such as Lark, 700UW, Clue, and Funguy2. What I do not understand is that if US Airways is such a bad place why spend so much time on this board and for those who work at the company, why not do something else.

If you ask me life is too short to be angry all the time and it is truly pitiful to hang around such negativity. ""

I say: You don't call that insulting and a personal insult to the people you wrote it about? And my question is invalid?? So you excuse that you don't read what others post about your messages is valid answer to why you are silent? Think again. You read everything you only answer what you want. Just like your dodging my second questions and all my other questions on you integrity today.

On a side note maybe if you spend one day reading everyones responses to your posts on here you might realize that most don't believe anything you say and you could save a lot more of your precious wasted time on here. Oh wait that won't work if you already read them all anyway.

What is really funny is you can't even admit you read my post. You are so above me and probably everyone else you have to use the word "skimmed" in reference to my last post as if you didn't read it and never looked at any other of my other posts. When we know you did because you responded to them.

Hey I just thought this.. how do you know I am antagonistic and insult people and negative if you don't read my posts and just happened to skim my last one?

USA320Pilot said:
• Bedford has not seen US Airways' reorganization plan, he doesn't know what it contains, he has no preset idea of what is acceptable in regard to profit margins.
[post="255852"][/post]​
Neither does USAirways management. :lol:

speedbird86 said:
Neither does USAirways management. :lol:
[post="255954"][/post]​

Yup Bedford hasn't he just threw away 125mil for hell of it but our own 320 does know the plan because he is a insider.

Maybe you are right speedbird maybe there isn't a plan and Bedford was just circling like a hawk and saw his opportunity and swooped in.

Well 320 did report this: The $125 million equity offer is subject to a number of conditions, such as raising total of $350 million and US Airways creating a business plan that is acceptable to Republic.

Isn't that saying there isn't a plan as of yet?

USA320Pilot said:
Just one more point...Bruce Lakefield told the MEC last week the company is focusing on short-term versus long-term decisions. These decisions may not be the best for the long-term, but are quick and thoughtful and are necessary for survival.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="255924"][/post]​

Oh well then! It's just a case of burning the furniture to keep the house warm until spring comes. :up:

But instead of selling the only currently Profitable Fleet at US Airways, why not make a bigger warmer fire, and get rid of the A330s and A321s. A piece of Furniture is a piece of Furniture. Regardless of how many it seats. There'll be no need for those in the glorious franchise future. After all, United will be doing all the real flying.

Cutting off a trapped leg to survive is one thing. Cutting off your head is quite another. :unsure:

usairways_vote_NO said:
Well 320 did report this: The $125 million equity offer is subject to a number of conditions, such as raising total of $350 million and US Airways creating a business plan that is acceptable to Republic.
[post="255955"][/post]​

I read a couple of reports that said US Airways has to raise an additional $350 million. Is it a total of $350 million ($125 million +$225 million additional to be raised) or is it a total of $475 million?

jimntx,

Since it's been a while since you asked the question, you've probably figured it out by now, but it's my understanding that $250M of the $350M is the AWAC/Republic money. It appears to me that the additional (maybe) $100M would not count toward the $350M since it is not an equity investment.

Jim

After reading 320 for years now, me thinks the only provision of his contract he would fight to protect is the one which doesn't require Pilots to submit to psychological exams.............enough already...geeeze....

700UW said:
320 you act like a child.

You have been proven wrong time after time after time, you don't even stand behind you own words.

You are a management wannabe being used.

Get a serious dose of reality, when you have 99% of the board saying the samething about you, it has creedence.

You have no credibility.

Accept reality.
[post="255929"][/post]​
POT is black

The following is an op-ed piece by Ed. Don't take it personal or for more than it is worth; cyber paper and cyber ink: ;)

320 says, [Lakefield says, "U is focused only on the short term.] or something like that. My contention is that any management should be able to focus on the short term, no matter how dire the situation and the long term at the same time. This is typical U mismanagement. There is no plan, there never has been. I mean...never has been, ever! The U franchise is set on a foundation of high yield and little competetion eastcoast cities. You just set there and the cash rolled in...man that must have been easy! Okay boys, let go to the Ground Round for a cool one! And guess what? You really do think that you "know how to run an airline"!

For some reason, it is this former cash cow that attracts the likes of Wolf. Maybe it is the unsophistication of the easily manipulated employee groups or the desperate shareholders. Both groups were slow to realize the world had changed and U is no longer a viable entity outside the womb (Govt. backed loans, CH 11, etc., etc.). That rock of high yields and no competetion that U was built on years ago, was really sand.

I can remember when I became enlighted to these facts in the very early '90s. Delta had just begun service to Wilkes-Barre, PA. This was the first chink in the armour of U. You could hear the collective gasps of management and the employee groups, "They can't do that. Thye can't compete up here, just wait until..." It was shortly after that the massive build up of RJs began and SWA started its move east. It was said SWA would not be able to compete in the East too. "Just wait until the first big snow or just wait until one of those Long Island witches gets hold of those Texans!" Guess what, the Long Island mommas love 'em! The rest is history.

It is because of the flawed business model of U that I believe there is no long term plan. U is to be sold and always was. Now with oil at 55+ per barrel, management must get this pile of sand to stay up as it is battered by wave after wave of ocean water. They are trying to keep the pig looking pretty, all the time whispering to passers by, "she's for sale." The tide is coming in and the waves are now higher. Management is scouping up more and more sand (money) and throwing it on the pile until the next kid comes by to takeover and move the best parts of the sandpile up the beach to higher ground.

Is Republic or Wexford the next kid to walk up the beach or are they just the next in a very long line to take advantage of the unsophistication of U? I am betting on the latter. Feel the sand moving?