Republican controlled house says.."DEFUND Obamacare, or we're SHUTTING the GOVT. DOWN "

That's all great info, Glenn, but with direct deposit, and time & attendance software, it doesn't take a whole lot to process payroll anymore...

The House represents the People, the Senate represents the states. Time for Harry to start actually negotiating vs. playing Defend The Party and President....

Even in the House, there are now Democrats who have voted with the Republicans on defunding Obamacare, so you can't just blame it on the Tea Party, GOP, or any other excuse you want to throw at it. It's a badly thought out law. It has missed every deadline and has killed full time employment. It's time to have a serious conversation about it and stop blowing off where the House and public opinion polling are on the issue.

Let's all get the Senators on record as to where they stand. Harry refusing to even have the discussion says it all.

Reactions: 1 person
Only 2 democrats voted for the bill yesterday.

I agree with you on getting all together and working on improving the law. If there was not so much will for it to fail, any flaws could have been remedied by now.

There is no reason to repeal the law. Any large act ever passed has been revised many times to improve it (Constitution?).

I sincerely think that this is the last stand for the anti-Obama and Obamacare haters. Once the law is fully in effect and people get used to it and start reaping its benefits, there will be no way to repeal it. Obama will end up looking like a genius because of the republican insistence in calling it Obamacare.

Only 2 democrats voted for the bill yesterday.

I agree with you on getting all together and working on improving the law. If there was not so much will for it to fail, any flaws could have been remedied by now.

There is no reason to repeal the law. Any large act ever passed has been revised many times to improve it (Constitution?).

I sincerely think that this is the last stand for the anti-Obama and Obamacare haters. Once the law is fully in effect and people get used to it and start reaping its benefits, there will be no way to repeal it. Obama will end up looking like a genius because of the republican insistence in calling it Obamacare.

Perhaps I missed something Glenn, but according to the vote tally (230 REPLUGS), that I read in 'Americas Newspaper' the N Y T, I didn't see any dems voting for that P O S bill.

Another thing that has me PERPLEXED is eolesen's TOTAL Disregard for things.."HE" chooses not to like, even though those 'things' were deemed CONSTITUTIONAL by the highest authority in the Nation (the U S SUPREME Court), with the deciding vote cast by 'one of his own', Chief Justice (REPLUG appointee)John Roberts ! I find that/HIM to be disengenuous !!
Hypocracy 101.

TOTALS REPUBLICAN DEMOCRAT

AYE 230 228 2
NO 189 1 188

NOT VOTING 3 10

REQUIRED: Simple Majority

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/113-2013/h478

That's all great info, Glenn, but with direct deposit, and time & attendance software, it doesn't take a whole lot to process payroll anymore...

The House represents the People, the Senate represents the states. Time for Harry to start actually negotiating vs. playing Defend The Party and President....

Even in the House, there are now Democrats who have voted with the Republicans on defunding Obamacare, so you can't just blame it on the Tea Party, GOP, or any other excuse you want to throw at it. It's a badly thought out law. It has missed every deadline and has killed full time employment. It's time to have a serious conversation about it and stop blowing off where the House and public opinion polling are on the issue.

Let's all get the Senators on record as to where they stand. Harry refusing to even have the discussion says it all.

The time to have a discussion about it was 2010. You passed, sorry....

FIRST LOOK – ALAN GREENSPAN, Fed chairman from 1987 to 2006, in a book out Oct. 22 from The Penguin Press:

“The Map and the Territory: Risk, Human Nature, and the Future of Forecasting”: “Our highest priority going forward is to fix our broken political system. Short of that, there is no viable long-term solution to our badly warped economy. In America we are being pulled apart politically in ways unrivaled since the aftermath of the 1929 crash. … My first realization of a striking shift in our politics was brought to my attention by the staunch conservative three-term senator from Utah, Robert Bennett. He feared that despite his strong approval ratings, his 2010 reelection bid was by no means secure. In his 2004 reelection, Bennett won 69 percent of the vote. His problem, as he stated it, was unexpected contenders for his Senate seat from his political RIGHT. [The 18-year veteran finished third at the Utah Republican convention and his seat is now held by Sen. Mike Lee, an instigator of the effort to shut down the government over Obamacare.] It was my first awareness of what later came to be known as the Tea Party, a political movement that emerged in 2009 and became a powerful force in the 2010 election. …"

I agree with Greenspan. Until the gerrymandering and primary system is fixed, the House of Representatives will continue to be a den of partisan gridlock. When you have districts made to fit the extremes, there is no incentive for any member to govern for the majority of Americans. They simply will cowtow to the base that elected them (and how can you blame them).

We must have a system where districts are drawn across ideological divides. They should not be carved so they are majority liberal or conservative.

How does one negotiate with a party that has had several members say that the republicans do not compromise. As I recall, there was one republican member of Congress who said something to the effect that his idea of compromise was having democrats do it his way.

OK, I was a bit off on the quote and the person. The statement came from Richard Mourdock who is treasure of IN. His statement was

"I have a mindset that says bipartisanship ought to consist of Democrats coming to the Republican point of view,"

How is anyone supposed to deal with a mentality like that?

In 2010, Nancy and Harry's idea of bi-partisanship was giving the GOP the finger with both hands.

The idea that there was a conversation about Obamacare in 2010 is laughable. To think that they have to live in perpetuity is almost as laughable. Prohibition and slavery were both decisions which were made before they were unmade.

At this point, perhaps it is time to just let it roll into implementation. That way, the Democrats own it hands down.

Then again, when Obamacare collapses under its own weight, and takes even more of the economy with it, I'm sure y'all will still be blaming the Republicans for not stopping it in 2010, right?

But it won't bother Harry and Nancy. They've ensured that the Poliburo will have special privileges, as in 75% subsidies. They got theirs, brother...

Reactions: 2 people
Please explain how one negotiates with a Senate minority leader who's stated top goal was to make Obama a one term president? Boehner said "now is not a time for compromise" in regards to the American Helath Care act. SO how does someone negotiate with a party that has said it will not negotiate?

Reactions: 2 people
http://news.yahoo.co...2-politics.html

(Nothing to see here 'southwind. This is an INTELLIGENT Conversation/Topic, move along) !

You better check your info, House is forcing Obama and Reid into shutting down the gov't.

Just think of all those red state dems who will be forced to vote yea or nay for Obamascare with their seats up for grab in Nov.

Dem's and Obamascare......priceless.......

You better check your info, House is forcing Obama and Reid into shutting down the gov't.

Just think of all those red state dems who will be forced to vote yea or nay for Obamascare with their seats up for grab in Nov.

Dem's and Obamascare......priceless.......

Thats odd..dell, cause' I just saw YOUR OWN Senator Pat Twomey (R) Pa., say in so many words, on Morning Joe this AM.,
1st. We got to tell CRUZ to "S-T-F UP" cause he's KILLING the REPLUGS.
2nd. Obamacare IS the Law of the Land,.....Admit it, and move on.
3rd. Shutting down the Govt. is (REPLUG) S U I C I D A L ,
and
4th. Well live to fight another day !

dell. YOU voted for Twomey, Right ?

WOW...dell, "this just-in" !!!!

Mitch Mcconnell just told Ted Cruz to.............. "P L E A S E......S-T-F UP".......P L E A S E" !!!!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/mcconnell-wont-support-cruz-senate-test-vote-220113929-politics.html

My brother. I don't know where your gettin' your FRESH NEWS from, but 'my man'.....YOU need an UPGRADE.

To my fellow DEMS. Take a real GOOD Look at CRUZ's face.
THAT is the NEW face of the GOP !
or,
(eolesen/citrat/signals/southwind/dell)..IS IT ?????????????

And if HILLARY runs, you CLOWNS are toying with the Idea of 'dusting off' Jeb Bush ?
FORGET IT, that "DOG Won't HUNT" against 'Hill.
You better Dig-Up R R, and DIS-EMBALM him, to have a 'shot' !

The REPUBLICAN PARTY.
The GIFT that 'Keeps-On-G I V I N G ' !
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !

Latest posts